PDA

View Full Version : Lets Stir Things Up...

affiliaterockstarx
04-09-2008, 08:23 AM
I know there are tons of members to JV Notify Pro.

So why is this forum not more active.

Lets stir things up and begin to help each other more.

Craig Beckta

Mike Merz
04-09-2008, 10:36 AM
Hey, Craig ... thanks for being a spark plug. ;)

I'm sure the majority of our fellow partners that aren't active in this community at all fall into the following 3 categories ...

1) They lurk from time to time, but don't think what they have to say is important ... or will be appreciated, or maybe they are simply afraid to post ... maybe they would simply rather read and have no interest in two way interaction.

2) They collect free memberships on a regular basis, and only take the time to participate in a handful ... if any. I'd like to hope that in regards to JV Marketing conversation, few forums offer more than this one does ... but I'm biased. ;)

3) It's all about them ... they just want their JV profile seen, and their offer mailed. They don't want to take the time to gain credibility and exposure through posting and responding ... they simply want JV partners to mail for them, and that's it.

Of course, there are no doubt partners that joined with the idea of being involved, initially, but their schedules and habits have simply kept them away ... if that's the case, we're here for you. ;)

Best,

Mike

affiliaterockstarx
04-09-2008, 10:48 AM
Slightly off topic.

But I think besides getting involved in the just the launches.

We should support the JV's membership sites as well.

I joined Players With Money, even though I received a lot of the stuff for free.

If the people on your mailing list are able to interact with you one on one in a membership site you just recommended.

It adds credibility to your email marketing campaigns.

I hope to see more of you there.

Richard Legg
04-09-2008, 05:00 PM
I do have to admit to being more of a lurker than a poster - but I also want to echo what Craig mentioned in another post about setting up relationships from this forum.

I've met a few people here directly, and also made some new relationships with partners as a result of mailing out for them so it's definitely a great resource to have.

Also, if I'm looking for something to promote this is usually the first place I go - I know if Mike's on board then it's going to be a decent product that I can be confident telling my list about.

Thanks Mike! :)

Richard

Sean Clark
04-09-2008, 07:14 PM
Hi Mike, Richard and Craig,

I believe word-of-mouth is a powerful tool (word-of-email I suppose) and obviously cost effective. I was recommended here by my JV partner Chris, and I have already recommended the site to my JV partners. Why wouldn't I...the site is ingenious!! (congrats Mike)

I did a quick alexa search for JVNotifyPro.com and noticed traffic to the site has declined by 16% in the last 3 months. However, from reading these posts traffic doesn't seem to be the main issue - it's getting people to post.

Maybe if we could offer an incentive to get people posting? However, I suppose gaining new JV partners is an incentive in it's own right...so I guess what I should be asking...what could we do to help?

Lets Brainstorm....

Chris Douthit
04-10-2008, 02:47 AM
Hey Sean,

Glad to see you made it over here. You’re right, this site is ingenious. There are a lot of smart people on this forum, once you start using it you will wish you found it long ago.

affiliaterockstarx
04-10-2008, 08:32 AM
Where you referring to me when you mentioned,

"SMART PEOPLE" I hope so.

Just kidding.

You know I see tons of competition on the launches so I know there are tons of people out there who know about this site.

Lets start filling it up with some valuable posts.

This isn't one.

Kidding again.

Later.

Chris Freville
04-10-2008, 10:14 AM
Have you noticed the large number of marketers named Chris?

I think that's what you call a crowded market!

I think in order to get this forum active is simply for people to post interesting posts. These are usually where people have questions that are seeking advice or they want to offer their wisdom to others.

Here's one for you......... what do you think of product launches where the product owner simply has a squeeze page on their main page? I've seen it a few times where in order to see the main sales page they have to opt-in in return for some benefit, but I know this can put a lot of JV partners off (understandbly). Just wondered what the consensus was?

affiliaterockstarx
04-10-2008, 10:33 AM
I think with certain JV's who value their lists, that would be a negative for sure.

I also belong to Willie Crawford's forum and he had a great post about the dos and don't of attracting JV's.

I wish I could remember half the stuff he mentioned.

Sean Clark
04-10-2008, 01:22 PM
I think with certain JV's who value their lists, that would be a negative for sure.

Yes, I would agree with you Craig - it can have a negative response.

However, if you are performing a JV with a marketer you know and know that has quality information to provide, it could be worthwhile.

I promoted some of Todd Gross' squeeze page that are quite effective, as he combines it with effective video content.

Sean

Chris Douthit
04-10-2008, 02:27 PM
Craig, how did you know I was talking about you?

There are a lot of competition out there for launches, love it when I saw another one pop up the same day as mine :-\

Amber Jalink
04-10-2008, 02:32 PM
Hi Guys, ;D

I'll jump in for a sec.

As for JV Partners / members here being less active...

I too don't get to pop in as much as I'd like - I do tend to lurk more.

A good portion of the reason for this is because I'm usually swamped building my business (literally the products, I do 80% of it - lol - I know, I know, outsource... but been there done that and had lousy experiences).

I had found a while ago that when I was participating (in other forums too, not just here), that too much of my time was taken up and not much was being accomplished on my end.

So I became the 'lurker'. ::)

Doesn't mean I don't care ;D

Also...

Another way to look at things - we all get hit with a lot of JV requests. I do - outside of here a lot too. I'm really picky about what I'll recommend for several reasons, and its not that I don't WANT to participate in a lot of JVs, sometimes its just too much. (Aka: my member's survey responses told me that - but I knew it even before they confirmed it).

As for the discussion at hand...

As for

"what do you think of product launches where the product owner simply has a squeeze page on their main page? I've seen it a few times where in order to see the main sales page they have to opt-in in return for some benefit, but I know this can put a lot of JV partners off (understandbly)."

I've been turned off from these myself for a few reasons.

First - its been (sometimes) proven, that once on the list, the referrals seem to be no longer yours. i.e., it didn't track the affiliate part properly in the autoresponder. So the JV partner loses financially.

Second - and this is one thing that seriously determines whether I will participate in ANY product launch (including the ones with just the squeeze page for a report), I subscribe and watch what happens.

... how many times a day / week am I hit with emails from them, that are *NOT* related to their product or not providing at least useful
information, example more teasers about the product coming?
... how many times a day / week are they hitting me up with the same emails every other marketer is doing for the "Launch de jour"?

The problem is,

(I've been doing this for 11 years - I'm very very very well familiar with launches)...

FAR too many are happening at the same time...
and FAR too many are hitting their lists with "YAPR" (Yet another product release)

It actually makes it difficult for people to be getting sales with their own products to their own lists because so many are starting to turn a blind eye to them.

The other thing about some of the squeeze pages before a launch that I've found (only a few times, but I have).

I monitor what I sign up/subscribe for. I read privacy policies on EVERY site I put an email address into.

And even though some say they "respect my privacy"...

Suddenly I get 2-3 different people (from different email addresses), contacting me - telling me I "opted in because of... "

So I guess I test these myself and monitor what happens - and if its abused pretty quickly, I don't bother to promote the JV.

LOL - Sorry for the rant.

Just my thoughts from a usually quiet lurker :P

Amber

affiliaterockstarx
04-11-2008, 08:39 AM
I totally agree with you.

You don't want to loose good customers.

It would almost be better to have a sales page with no opt in.

But part of a launch is about building your list.

Maybe just a small opt in at the header might be a compromise.

Amber Jalink
04-11-2008, 10:51 AM
Here's another thought:

Put the Opt in there (obviously yes it should be on your pages).

But you could also (i.e., if you're giving a free report) have a link below the opt in box, that says,

"prefer not to opt in yet? Please click here for the report".

(then of course ensure there are other places they can opt in after).

Also, "some" autoresponder systems allow you to track who the referrer was.

That might reassure jv partners.

Just more ideas.

Amber

affiliaterockstarx
04-11-2008, 11:56 AM
Which ones track the refer?

Richard Legg
04-11-2008, 01:38 PM
You can actually track with almost any AR that allows custom fields.

I'm not much of a programmer, but I managed to write a line of code before using PHP that gets the affiliate ID from the URL and then places this as a custom field in the autoresponder.

So the name and email would be the normal fields with a text input, and then the affID would be another field as a hidden input.

This way, with every email you send out you can send out a link with the custom tag at the end so it always displays the affiliate URL of the original referrer.

i.e. if you write the email as:

[[firstname]],

Go here:
www.yoursite.com/?id=[[affid]]

This would show up as:

Craig,

Go here:
www.yoursite.com/?id=1234

... or whatever

I'm sure there are easier ways of doing this, and probably some ARs have the capability built in, but I did this with GetResponse and a line or two of PHP without too much trouble.

Hope this helps (and doesn't confuse anyone more! :-\ )

Richard

agbeyegbe
04-11-2008, 02:23 PM
Which ones track the refer?

Getresponse does, when you are trying to create an e-mail capture from, there is a
place where you would see a 3 digit tracking number. I think the default is always 000
it is called tracking code (REF), but you would need to have different squeeze pages for
this to work

davidaarono
04-14-2008, 01:34 PM
I think also people get caught up in their own lives & work. They get so involved with themselves that people forget the best way to gain is by giving away.

That's kind of a hard concept for new marketers to really understand. To not be hypocritical, I have fallen into that trap myself many times. Especially when I'm getting close to a deadline...

Sean Clark
04-14-2008, 09:07 PM
I can see where you are coming from David.

It's hard to not get caught up in your own life, in terms of work and social activity.

For example, I am currently in the process of

- Launching a new project
- Creating two new projects;
- Performing a JV every week;
- Designing a web site for a good friend....

And of course the usual every day tasks of answering queries, phone calls, and evaluating staff. Sometimes my social life only begins on the weekends hehe :) my Fiancée doesn't necessarily like it.

However, we've only ourselves to blame, for putting ourselves in such demanding positions.

To be honest, I like it. I like to test my limitations and further my skills, while also enjoying life of course.

RichardJones
04-14-2008, 09:41 PM
Yep, we are all in the same boat... But the nice thing about how we are is that we will most likely be able to retire before everybody else and finally enjoy the time off after the hard work!

Richard

Sean Clark
04-15-2008, 11:11 AM
Yep, we are all in the same boat... But the nice thing about how we are is that we will most likely be able to retire before everybody else and finally enjoy the time off after the hard work!

Richard

Extremely good point ;D ;D

Adeel Chowdhry
04-22-2008, 02:28 AM
Okay, i've made a promise to myself to start contributing to this community now. I think i've been a member for a while but did forget about this place, and have come back here now and again to see what's going on.

I think if the serious people here get together we can really leverage each other to extraordinary success! :D

How does that sound guys?

Regards,
Adeel Chowdhry

Jeffrey Dean
04-22-2008, 03:53 PM
What I've done frequently is sign up to mail list with a junk email to see what type of emails I get from that particular marketer. I pay particularly close attention to the ones that say they won't sell my email. I like to know how well they keep their word - if they are true to their word I know that they would be trustworthy in other ways (like doing a joint venture with).