PDA

View Full Version : Quickly Recruit More Affiliates Using the Power of Facebook Targeting

Paul Counts
08-20-2014, 02:08 PM
One of the fastest ways to speed up your affiliate recruitment process is to leverage Facebook ads. Right now it is one of my favorite methods for getting joint venture partners on board. It works for evergreen offers or for product launches.

Here is my process for using Facebook to recruit Joint Venture partners for our “Real Guys” product launches.

Step 1: Start With Your Affiliate Landing Page

Your affiliate landing page should presell your offer, and get people to join your JV newsletter, or affiliate email list. This is the page I currently use, and I get great results from getting new affiliates signed up, and on board with my launch.

http://www.imguruplr.com/jv/vip-jv.html

There is nothing fancy about this page I am using, but it gets results. Consider including affiliate testimonials, screenshots showing that you support your affiliates, or show screenshots of conversion numbers. At the very least make sure you give full details on your product.

Always get your affiliates to opt-in with their name and email for future follow up.

Step 2: Research Potential Affiliate Marketing Targets

Before you can post your affiliate recruitment ad on Facebook you need to make a list of potential audiences to target your ads to on Facebook. Obviously your ad does you no good if it hits the average, everyday Facebook user.

You need your ad to target people that would be interested in potentially promoting your offer. So you are looking for people who have stated they are interested in affiliate marketing or currently do affiliate marketing for their income.

This kind of targeting goes beyond just targeting people who expressed an interest in affiliate marketing.

You want to target the serious affiliates. One thing I focus on is targeting affiliates on Facebook that show an interest in major affiliate networks. Like right now there are over 400,000 people who have listed an interest in Clickbank on Facebook!

Do you think they may potentially be interested in promoting your Clickbank offer if they expressed an interest in Clickbank already? You can find people that like or have an interest in other affiliate networks as well.

Quick Tip: Search Google for “affiliate network” to find more networks that you could also target.

Beyond just affiliate networks like Clickbank that you target, you will want to find people who have shown an interest in other major affiliate blogs or online communities. For example a big website that lots of online marketers read is Pat Flynn’s Smart Passive Income.

On Facebook there are currently over 70,000 people that have shown an interest in that target. You can research and make a list of other popular sites that affiliate marketers frequent.
You will want to save this list into a notepad file or Word Document so you can reference it later as you put up your advertisement.

This means your ad will show to those serious affiliates on Facebook.

Step 3: Compile 4 Different Images

At this point you are much closer to getting your ad posted. I recommend you get together 4 different images to test with your ads. The reason you want 4 images at least is because Facebook will automatically run 4 different ads for you with the same ad copy using the different images.

This is great for split testing. These images can be simply a picture of yourself in various poses, a picture of the product packaging, or a picture related to your niche like golf clubs for example if you have a golf product.

We found that by testing 4 similar images one out performed the others in clicks by 8 times the other ones!

Step 4: Post Your Ad On Facebook

Now it is time to post your ad on Facebook. Just go to http://www.facebook.com/advertising to do so.

You want to select a “Clicks To Website” campaign. Then upload your images that you selected after putting in your affiliate landing page URL. You want to select a Right Column ad at a minimum.

After that put in your headline and text. For headline I would use something like “Hot Golf Launch” or “New Golf Affiliate Offer”. You can play with that as there are limits to your text amount. In the text part I mention a cash contest, conversion number, or big selling point of the product.

I set my campaign budget at $25 per day, but you can also adjust that later. Under ‘Advanced Settings’ I select the “Optimize for clicks option.”.

Step 5: Check Your Stats, Results, & Optimize Campaign

After your ad has ran for 24 hours you can start checking your results. See how many new affiliates have signed up, check how many impressions you are getting, and how many clicks you are seeing. You want to try and keep the cost per click below $0.75/click when you start, and eventually get that number down. That is an entirely different training though.
Conclusion

Facebook advertising is a real gold mine, but this is just one of my top 10 favorite ways to recruit JV partners. I will be revealing more of my favorite affiliate recruitment tips in coming months.

About The Author

Paul Counts is an internationally recognized information product creation expert who has created products for professional athletes and best-selling authors. He has created dozens of step-by-step video products that have grossed millions of dollars in sales for himself, business partners, and clients. He is best known for being 1/3 of the “Real Guys” Trio.

You can check out his upcoming IM Guru PLR 2.0 product launch at this link:

http://www.imguruplr.com/jv/vip-jv.html

vaduva darius
10-02-2014, 06:41 AM
Hi Paul,

Thanks for sharing this method. Actually, I was also using a very similar method to drive affiliates to my offers.

Why I do not see in here is how actually get very cheap clicks. Now, as we all know ( almost all ), fb has a little algorithm that will increase or decrease your cpc based on how well the images perform ( between other things ). This means that the bigger the image ctr % is, the cheaper will your campaign be.

Now, depending on you, increasing the image ctr can be a big headache. I have run several tests -->

1. add red square around image --> usually increases ctr
2. add green square --> increase ctr
3. no words on the image --> increase ctr
4. not focused text on the image --> decrease ctr
5. too much text on image --> add not approved

Also, guys, a really good method is shared in the Facebook Ads Cracked video course. I am not affiliated in any way with this product, it just made me understand better fb ads so maybe it will help others in here too.

Cheers,

Darius

Ronald Petruska
10-22-2014, 05:20 AM
This is great information Paul. Thank you for the insight!

Ron

George Kosmides Kosmides
12-01-2014, 10:46 AM
Thank you for the information. Would this be the same format for a medical program?

Jeffrey Ordonez
12-27-2014, 05:23 PM
Wow, thanks Paul. That's very helpful especially when scaling up like we are. Going from thousands of traditional sales to JV partnerships requires good insight like yours. Thanks again, Jeff

kristie
01-01-2015, 10:15 AM
Hey Paul, Really awesome tips! Your product really converted well for me and you guys have Top Products! Happy to be on board with your launches and look forward to partnering with you in the future for my launches as well :). Happy New Year to you and your family! Kristie Chiles

Hossam Hossny
02-04-2015, 06:14 PM
Should I add up to this the power of Facebook "Retargeting"?

Create custom audience on Facebook, customize it to only track people who visit a certain page of your site; mostly "/jv".
Your JV page is up and running, now it is time to add that tracking pixel.
Wait until Facebook gathers enough data on those who visit your JV page, usually Facebook will tell you "audience is too low" until you get 50 visitors. You can get these 50 visitors easily based on Paul's approach or by just announcing your launch to the usual platforms; JVNotifyPro, MunchEyes, WarriorJV, and others.
Create the retargeting ads, and fire up your campaign. Now everyone who visited your JV page with/out taking action will keep seeing your ads on Facebook, giving you and your product and your affiliate program extra credibility.

If you are a fan of Google Chrome, it will help to install Facebook Pixel Helper extension to troubleshoot your tracking pixel. You will be surprised after installing the extension on how many sites on the internet use Facebook Retargeting as part of their promotions. I am personally doing it right now for my next launch in 10 days.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Hossam

shane hopkins
02-07-2015, 02:38 PM
Paul, Ya know, sometimes all us smaller JV partners need is some good, basic, detailed information on how to get a little traction in a very specific area. Your post connected the dots in a very clear format regarding the use of very fundamental, yet extremely important methodologies needed to kickstart a strong JV Partner Network. I know a ton of crap, too much in fact.

I just needed someone to say "Hey idiot, promote your upcoming product launch to potential JV Partners by using your Facebook Ad Account. Make sure you target the JVPs correctly, start a new email list, and get as many of their email addresses as possible. Lastly, remember to put all of your past campaign stats on the recruiting page so they all remember that you have been emailing out their crap all year long so it's time to reciprocate!

Hey Paul, Whos better than you right now?

Nobody, that's who.

Thanks,
shane @ moneymakerspy.com

jonny josheph
03-19-2015, 06:23 AM
Facebook is a gigantic social media now a days, this method would definitely work,thanks for sharing the information.

Greg Jeffries
05-02-2015, 09:08 PM
Excellent tips. I just recently ran some Facebook ads promoting my launch and was able to get clicks for as low as .29 for laser-targeted IM interests.

If you want to get my targeted IM Facebook interests, there's the link to download it for FREE on my product JV tools page (no optin required)

https://evergreenempire.net/jv-tools

James Bond
09-25-2015, 06:39 PM
Thanks Paul. This is really great info!

Although I've done a lot of JV partnerships, I worry that as a newbie to affiliate marketing, it'll be tough because people like you have a strong track record and offer thousands in prizes. Starting out now, I wonder if I have a huge disadvantage and no one will want to sell my products, even if they are converting strong sellers.

Yudhistira Mauris
12-01-2015, 05:56 AM
Thank you Paul for sharing those good tips. Your post just come in great time for me as I am looking for ways to find affiliates for my upcoming product launch.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for sharing this method. Actually, I was also using a very similar method to drive affiliates to my offers.

Why I do not see in here is how actually get very cheap clicks. Now, as we all know ( almost all ), fb has a little algorithm that will increase or decrease your cpc based on how well the images perform ( between other things ). This means that the bigger the image ctr % is, the cheaper will your campaign be.

Now, depending on you, increasing the image ctr can be a big headache. I have run several tests -->

1. add red square around image --> usually increases ctr
2. add green square --> increase ctr
3. no words on the image --> increase ctr
4. not focused text on the image --> decrease ctr
5. too much text on image --> add not approved

Also, guys, a really good method is shared in the Facebook Ads Cracked video course. I am not affiliated in any way with this product, it just made me understand better fb ads so maybe it will help others in here too.

Cheers,

Darius

Thank you also Darius for adding your CTR tips.