PDA

View Full Version : What Strategies Do You Employ To Make JV Sales?

Mike Merz
11-06-2005, 04:50 PM
We fellow JV Partners range from moderately successful to 'super' affiliate, in terms of our ability to make sales for the JV merchants we choose to represent (results vary from campaign to campaign, of course ... but I'm being general, here).

What are a few of the techniques and strategies you employ to make sales?

Do you ...

Solely promote to your general list?

Create specific, campaign related sub lists?

Use co reg to fuel those lists?

Safe lists? Banner exchanges?

Promote on your central domain homepage?

Sub domains?

Sub folders?

New domain, specific to that product/service?

Do you promote using ...

PPC? Natural SEO? Articles? Ezine Ads? Advertising on related topic sites? Offline methods?

Do you use bonuses, rebates, coupons to increase conversions?

Use your own squeeze page to collect targeted leads for current and future promotion of each merchant? ... and/or merchants with comparable offerings?

If you're on the low end of the promotional results totem pole ... ask questions, please.

Pros ... please drop in with a few pointers.

The more successful we are as a group ... the more successful we are, PERIOD.

Much success,

Mike

Andy Beard
11-10-2005, 06:06 PM
I do well from articles, and promoting stuff before it becomes fashionable.

Actually understanding products to be able to pre-sell, either to customers or JV partners I feel is important.

I am currently only handling 3rd party products, thus 2-tier for me is vital. It is annoying me how Paypal seem to be killing 2-tier off.

How does a massive program such as Sitesell still manage to offer 2 tier and payments by Paypal?

I fully respect the work Mike Filsaime has been doing on this, and the reasons Paydotcom stopped offering 2 tier, it just seems strange that Paypal hasn't made this clearer, and enforced it universally.

Mike Merz
11-10-2005, 06:18 PM
I do well from articles, and promoting stuff before it becomes fashionable.

Actually understanding products to be able to pre-sell, either to customers or JV partners I feel is important.

I am currently only handling 3rd party products, thus 2-tier for me is vital. It is annoying me how Paypal seem to be killing 2-tier off.

How does a massive program such as Sitesell still manage to offer 2 tier and payments by Paypal?

I fully respect the work Mike Filsaime has been doing on this, and the reasons Paydotcom stopped offering 2 tier, it just seems strange that Paypal hasn't made this clearer, and enforced it universally.

Well said, Andy.

I'm a long time PayPal user ... and quite frankly, I love them ... though I AM wary of doing anything to jeoprodize our relationship. ;)

Early abusers created their tough stance ... and now we're suffering, unfortunately.

I'm also a longtime ClinkBank merchant/affiliate ... and admire them, as well ... but they also have issues .. :P

I guess we'll have to tolerate a few things ... and relish in the benefits they offer as compensation for the downside.

Much success,

Mike

Andy Beard
11-16-2005, 02:39 AM
Clickbank are also 2 tier in many ways.

Then there is also Chitika... paying via Paypal yet have a referral program.

Gary Baker
11-16-2005, 01:28 PM
Hi there Mike/Andy.

I use my own opt-in list of prospects as well as
my customer list.

I also use "co-regs". Yes I know it's a bit
UNconventional to use "co-regs" but I've
always had great results and never a spam
complaint.

Paypal is awesome. I use "Ultimate Affiliate Manager"
to help track my JV partners sales.

I've had the pleasure of doing JV's with some very
influential marketers and JV Notify has brought me
many a great JV partner.

Wishing You The Best,
Gary Baker

Opportuntiy-Advisor
http://www.opportuntiy-advisor.com

Pro List Building Package
http://www.jempublishing.com/optin.htm

Mike Merz
11-16-2005, 01:33 PM
Hey, Gary!

Thanks for the follow up, my friend.

I'm waiting on a contest ... or other 'event based' promo for you to kick your affiliates into high gear. ;)

Glad you've picked up a few well deserved JV partnerships, here ... you deserve it.

Please ... your experienced input is much appreciated ... feel free to drop by often.

Much success,

Mike

Jinger Jarrett
12-12-2005, 05:49 PM
First, let me wish all of you a Merry Christmas. For some reason I feel unusually "jolly" today. I guess that's a good thing because I've been a scrooge lately.

As for getting JV partners, I don't. Others approach me. I have a network of partners I work with although I'm always looking for new ones.

I mainly promote with articles. I've been reading a lot about writing product reviews.

Since my background is writing, it's a natural progression. Since it's Christmas, I'll tell you the best information I've ever read on marketing.

"How to Become a Recognized Authority in 60 Days or Less" by Robert Bly.

It will cost you about $10 on Amazon, or just drop by your local library and read it.

If this were required reading for internet marketers, it would revolutionize the industry.

That book was a million times better than the Rich Jerk, but then I take a dim view of anyone who uses tricks to get sales. I hate hype when the hype doesn't live up to the product.

Anyway, there is one trend I want to share with all of you. This is very important.

A new script has been developed to promote articles on Article Dashboard sites. It takes time to sign up for the accounts, but once you get it done, you can set up the script, and it uses an rss feed to populate it with the article directories. Eventually this script will have several hundred article directories in it.

Although content has been highly tooted as the solution to getting traffic and sales, ultimately, the more links you get, the more traffic you can get for free, and it can be a very passive method.

My primary methods of marketing now focus on seo and content. These have worked best for me. However, for short term profit and long term gain, JVs are a very important part of your business because it offers the one thing no other method of marketing offers: leverage.

When you work with others, instead of trying to go it alone, things really start to happen. The bonus is that you meet a lot of great people. Don't believe me? Take a good look at this board.

Anyway, I've included a copy of this script, as well as some article marketing software in this package for you.

It's free. If you want to brand the script and give it away so that you can create a traffic virus, you have to join Phantom's list. The link is in there.

Have a wonderful Christmas, or Happy Holidays.

Jinger Jarrett
Free Article Promotion Script and Tools
http://www.smallbusinesshowto.com/freeware/articlepackage.zip

Jason Moffatt
12-22-2005, 12:48 AM
For the little amount of products that I have been pushing as a JV, I have
been using Camtasia presentations of the product.

I've found that once people have a insider's peek into what you are selling them,
they are more inclined to check it out.

Jason James
12-26-2005, 10:51 AM
I have focused on 2 things.... #1 is building my affiliate program. It's neat to see my site listed all over the place making sales. To get people working for you is great. Next is focus a large part of my day on building my list and maintaning my list relationship wise. I will continue to concentrare on those 2 things. That being said I like to supplement my income setting up a 2 Way JV which would not be possible if I didnt have an established website in place, a good track record, and have already built JV's with with big names. Things just sort of build on top of each other.

Jason James
http://www.auctionresourcenetwork.com/affiliates.htm

Iszuddin Ismail
12-26-2005, 10:53 AM
For the little amount of products that I have been pushing as a JV, I have
been using Camtasia presentations of the product.

I've found that once people have a insider's peek into what you are selling them,
they are more inclined to check it out.

Interesting ... I have been thinking of doing this, but never really got to doing it. Since 2006 is going to be a special year for me (I a fulltimer now), I'll make sure I'll put this to practice. Thanks Jason.

Lee Nazal
01-08-2006, 07:26 PM
I have used newsletter announcements to my list, as well as forum posts and blog entries.

alanb
02-23-2011, 02:51 PM
The most effective for me is email marketing...

Dave Lianelli
02-23-2011, 04:39 PM
Till now I've solely relied on my list.

I've got a very healthy relationship with them and only promote things I really stand behind. That also means that I'll never use the copy/paste emails supplied by people. I'd rather throw in some good info and pre-sell, instead of delivering an email they already had 4 or 5 times...

Next, I've tried this with just one launch till now...

Is that I offered a personal coaching session of 2 x 1.5 hours. The coaching, and thus my experience and knowledge, was added value to the original offer of course.

-Dave

Robin Durham
02-27-2011, 03:54 PM
Email marketing to my list has been the most effective way. This is because my company has been established over 8 years now and we have a pretty respectable list both in size and in buying our products. However, we have just re-vamped our Affiliate marketing by having a contest. It was very successful. We provided the copy/emails for our Affiliates to send out. We have them several choices as to which email would work best for their audience.

earnme97
03-01-2011, 07:09 AM
Hey Mike,

I usually make review websites, and use my list only for pre-launches. This way I get my CB Id cookied.

But for some special launches, I use my list to the full extent, giving bonuses, extra videos, inside scoop and stuff to promote the product.

Going to stay tuned to this thread, see what other people are doing :D

Thanks
Sim Aurile

dejurs2000
03-05-2011, 02:57 AM
I have used combo between email list and review page, and it works for me. I have build a nice relationship with my list, and lately i've been using review page just to catch extra traffic from new launch product.

Simon Dodd
03-06-2011, 08:26 PM
Hey Mike,

I have generally used email marketing to promote for my JV's but unfortunately my list is still quite small so I haven't been able to help out too much yet! this is growing everyday though! I have also done a couple of blog posts about some products that aren't time sensitive so they keep sending traffic back to the offers over time.

My aim at the moment is to grow my list so my email marketing is more worthwhile for me and my partners. I generally write my own emails and use some of the main points from the swipe that is given to me by my partners as I have found this far more effective than just copying and pasting the same emails that 90% of people are sending.

Just my 2c!

Simon

Fabian Tan
03-07-2011, 06:59 AM
I have used email marketing mainly to promote JV
launches.

After the first or second mailing, if I see the
offer is converting well, I will look to promote
1-6 times more, up to a total of 7 times if
I find the email promotions still ringing in sales
consistently.

I subscribe to the traditional rule of the
'prospect needs to see an offer 7 times before
they buy'.

It is important to remember that only a small
fraction of subscribers open the email, and of
those subscribers who open it, typically only half
will click through to the link. So even if an
email gets a 10% click-through rate, which is
pretty decent by today's standards, that's still
90% of the subscribers on your list who haven't
seen the offer. And of the 10% who clicked
through, many would have given a quick glance and
closed the page almost immediately, owing to
other distractions they might have had at the
same. So if you are using email marketing (or any
form of marketing for that matter), you have to
promote multiple times.

And sometimes the first or even second mailing may
not do well, but if I have a sneaky feeling that
it was because there were either 1. Too many
launches on that day, 2. A poor subject line, 3.
Poor email copy, I may send out a third mailing. I
have seen conversions tripled after a third
mailing for various reasons. One reason is that
merchants will tweak their sales page after launch
day to improve their conversions.

Fabian