PDA

View Full Version : Video/ebook with Back-end Sale of Membership Site

davidaarono
03-12-2008, 07:33 PM
I am developing a video/ebook that demonstrates a web 2.0 traffic generation technique via specific examples with a back-end sale of a membership site.

Does anyone have experience or insights they would care to share with me.

I am particularly interested in setting up a tiered affiliate program for JV partners and regular affiliates on the front end with a residual payment system for the membership site on the back.

Your experience and insights are appreciated.

Dave

charleskirkland
03-13-2008, 06:44 AM
Hi David

When it comes to membership sites aMember is one of the best. I think it was Chris who was talking about useing the JAM plugin for the affiliate setup.

I use the Butterfly script about 90% of the time in my niche sites since most of the time the IM techniques are still very effective in other niches.

Plus the Butterfly script gives your a 2nd tier setup and you have different % for different kind of JV's.

Thanks
Charles

Richard Legg
03-13-2008, 07:29 PM
Hey Charles,

Can I just ask did you ever get the 2-tier setup to work properly with BFM?

I can get it to track referrals (i.e. free signups) on a 2-tier basis but it won't ever credit the commission to both parties :(

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Richard

charleskirkland
03-13-2008, 07:47 PM
Becky from the launch train did my setup for that.

Thanks
Charles

Chris Douthit
03-13-2008, 10:29 PM
Hi David, yes that was me who was talking about aMember. As far as membership sites go, I would say it’s definitely the best script I have used. It does come with a built in affiliate program, but the program is rather bare-bones.

I decided to get the JAM affiliate program plug in, which has just about every affiliate feature you could ask for. The only issue is that there are so many options to choose from it’s a bit overwhelming at first. But I imagine any quality affiliate software will be the same.

I currently have a 2-tier system set up and have both aMember and JAM intergraded with ListMail.

I know Charles is using the butterfly script, which I have never used, and his site looks very good. Also because the butterfly script handles both the members area and affiliate program together members are only required to know one login and one login area, which is a definite advantage.

The downside is the butterfly script is about $1500 ( I think). aMember intergraded with JAM is only about $450. Also if you want a tip, if you email the company that makes JAM and ask them for a coupon they will give you $100 off.

Hope this helps ;)

davidaarono
03-17-2008, 12:38 PM
Thanks for the coupon tip.

I am researching for a my product launch, tentatively scheduled for April 22.