PDA

View Full Version : The 3 things you must know before you ever launch a product.

charleskirkland
03-12-2008, 11:22 AM
Before you ever launch a product you need to know 3 things first.

Are you launching a product to:

1. Build your list.

2. Brand your name.

3. To make money.

This is something that Keith Wellman taught me as one of the case studies for the Million Dollar March.

I think you can do 2 of them but I don't think you can do all 3 if you are starting out.

Thanks
Charles Kirkland

ScottTrimble
03-12-2008, 05:14 PM
I think it depends on how elaborate your launch and prelaunch are. The more elaborate (ie. giving things for free, marketing yourself as an authority, building solid promo partnerships, etc etc) the more likely you are to do all 3.

Wayne Liew
03-13-2008, 08:55 AM
I guess one should also know whether to launch a product that will be given out for free or to be sold at a price. I guess for someone who is just stepping into this field, the product should be free of charge or to be used as a list building tool. Am I right?

Chris Douthit
03-13-2008, 10:33 PM
I would recommend giving out a free product if you’re just starting out. That doesn’t mean to give away a winning product you have been developing for months. However, you may want to hold off on the launch a month or 2 and give out a free report to get your name out their first.

J.Andrews
03-16-2008, 07:44 PM
I think you can pull off all 3 but not instantly.

There is a process to everything. A very odd, shrouded-in-a-fog-of-war type of process... but a process none the less.

But above all you need a purpose! I think choosing your top priority is best, but if you play your cards right you may get to have your cake and eat it too! (While having another baking in the oven)

After all, isn't that why everyone got into IM in the first place? ;D

Jack Ronan
03-17-2008, 01:44 PM
Hi everyone , this is my first post , I'm jack from thailand.

I think it is possible to have three benifits in one launch ,

the key when starting out is to create really nice product and make customer happy and satisfied of the purchase , this way , we make list , we make good impression and name , and for sure we make money , money will increase the next time we launch because we have alredy create list and trust or name , but we have to create quality stuff , good salr page and good product.

and if my english is not good , apologize me for that.

Jack

davidaarono
03-17-2008, 08:02 PM
Yes, you can have multiple objectives as long as they are not mutually exclusive.

If your objects can coincide then you have to set you priorities. Which objective is the most important for you?

Priorities?
1. Make fast cash
2. Build list
3. Build reputation
4. Etc.

Think it through and prioritize your objectives.

ScottTrimble
03-19-2008, 07:29 PM
I think choosing your top priority is best, but if you play your cards right you may get to have your cake and eat it too!

I agree with your thoughts here. Prioritize your goals (make money, build a list, etc) but have a strategy to meet each.

Jennifer Nalleweg
04-02-2008, 12:58 PM
You should definitely want to obtain all three, as that will help you in the long run. For your first product though, as much as you might want it to be about the money, focusing on building your list will bring you the most profits. It costs more to gain new customers in any business, online and off, than it does to keep existing customers happy and buying more from you.