PDA

View Full Version : Lots of Expereince Making Money for Others...

davidaarono
03-10-2008, 07:46 PM
Greetings and salutations,

Let me introduce myself. My name is Dave and I have been involved with internet marketing since 1999 when I was the chief technical officer for ExtremeSports.com. During my time at ExtremeSports.com I produced some of the biggest web casts of the time period both in the US and internationally, X Games, Gravity Games, ISPO, Surf Expo and a few others.

Well, to be honest the Victoria Secret webcasts were always bigger then mine, for obvious reasons!

Since that time I have worked as a internet marketing consultant promoting many big name clients: Ford, Jaguar, Oakley, Quicksilver, Iomega, Aurora Imaging Technology, and a number of smaller clients. I have successfully made many people a significant amount of money on the internet.

The downside is that I have always made money for other people, and not myself. When you make money for someone else they quickly forget who got them to where they are and think they don't need you any more. So is the life of a consultant.

In June of 2007 I had a daughter born with Down Syndrome and a number of heart related complications. After spending 5 months in the hospital and complicated heart surgery she is finally home and doing well. However, I am now dealing with the financial repercussions of the extended hospital stay and specialized surgery.

I am determined to stop making money for other people and turn the skills I have learned over the past nine years on the internet to provide a better life for my family.

So in some aspects I am a seasoned veteran of internet marketing but in others, such as producing my own informational product, I am a newbie. I am currently working a couple of projects I'll discuss at a later time with you...

I hope to contribute meaningfully to this forum from my pool of experience and build meaningful business relationships with you here.

Let's talk...

Dave

Chris Douthit
03-10-2008, 10:58 PM
Hi David, welcome to the forum. It looks like you have quite the resume. As long as you can come out of your previous position with a few meaningful contacts all is not lost. Building relationships is one of the toughest parts of this job.

Looks like you now have your goals set and are moving forward with a plan. That’s very good! I look forward to reading future posts, perhaps you can write some info on where you may have made a mistake, so others can learn from it.

charleskirkland
03-11-2008, 08:09 AM
Dave

I also have a duaghter with Down Syndrome.

That is one of the reason why I have worked for myself since she was born. Having the income and time to be there when she needs my is one of my driving goals.

If you want to talk and just kick around ideas then PM me and I will get back with you.

Thanks
Charles Kirkland