PDA

View Full Version : Email Service

pfunk
02-15-2008, 01:05 AM
Hey everybody,

I'm just about done with my first product and now I'm looking at how to manage my email list. I'm thinking of either get response or aweber. How about giving me a little feedback if you have some.

Thanks

Michael

Chris Douthit
02-15-2008, 02:25 AM
I use to use aweber awhile back, but a couple of years ago I decided to host my own list with ListMailPro software and love it. I know a lot of people use aweber and are very happy with it, so you should get some opinions from their current members. But I should also tell you I have also been seeing a few of complaints as of late on warriorforum about aweber.

With ListMailPro I have complete control, I can set it up on as many websites as I want, send as often as I want, customize just about anything I can think of, and there are no future fees or charges.

I guess one thing you should consider is if your current hosting solution can support mailing your list size. I have my own server, so it’s really no big deal, but if you’re on shared hosting you may want to check with them before installing something like this.

charleskirkland
02-15-2008, 10:18 AM
I' use Aweber and Email Aces. I like the feature or Aweber but for my with out a doubt Gary’s Email Aces have the best deliverability rate.

I also have a huge list with 1 shopping cart but the deliverability is not nearly as good.

I have one of my coaching clients who use get response and I’m just not a fan of it.
But that is just my personal thoughts.

But the real key is are you going to use a single or double opt in. I have found this to be the biggest factor in my deliverability rate.

Thanks
Charles

pfunk
02-17-2008, 12:34 AM
thanks for the advice.

I plan on using double opt-in. Basically I'm going to have a free give away with a squeeze page to capture email address for future marketing. I have list mail pro but I don't think it can do sequential emails which I plan to do.

I have a few websites now and I have good deliverable rates except for yahoo.

I'm going to check Gary's Email Aces also.

Can you tell me more about the difference on deliver ability rates as far as single or double opt in rates? this is the first I've ever heard there is a difference...

Thanks and have a nice one...

Michael

Chris Douthit
02-18-2008, 07:22 PM
I am pretty sure listmailpro can probably do what you want, I am just not sure what you mean by sequential emails. Describe for me what your referring to and I can tell you how to go about it.

Double opt-in is going to have a much higher deliver success rate for a couple of reasons. First, some of the emails you send are going to get blocked by the recipients inbox, however, if they can receive the validation email then likely that inbox is not blocking your messages.

Second, if they take the time to validate their email account they are going to be real prospects who want what you are sending them verses people who just submit their email thinking at that moment they want to be part of your list, but then forget about it. These people, because they forgot they opted-in, may also report your for spam later on.

The downside to double opt-in is that you will get people who submit their email and never take the time to validate or get the validation blocked, so your list will be smaller.

pfunk
02-22-2008, 07:07 PM
Hey Chris,

Thanks for the reply. what I mean by sequential emails are when a series of emails will be sent out according to the sign up date. So if someone signs up in jan the person who signs up in march will receive the first email in the sequence. Hope I'm making sense here.

Yeah I'm even more convinced that double opt in is the way to go.

Thanks

Michael

Mike Merz
02-22-2008, 10:14 PM
Hey, Michael.

AWeber, GetResponse, and Email Aces all offer unlimited sequential autoresponders.

Best,

Mike

Chris Douthit
02-24-2008, 05:59 PM
Hi Michael, you can definitely do that in listmailpro. Here are the steps.

1. First click the “Followups” button and insert all the follow up messages you want to go out.
2. Next, set the “Delay” on that same page. If you have a delay of 2, each message will go out 2 days after the previous message. So if you have 5 messages and you want each message to be sent 2 days after the previous one, just set all Delay fields to 2. If you want the follow up to go out a week after the previous one set all Delay fields to 7.
3. Finally, just set your cron tab. It should look something like this

/usr/bin/wget -O /dev/null -T 0 http://www.YOUR-DOMAIN.com/LISTMAILPROFOLDER/dailymail.php?pw=DAILYMAIL-PASSWORD 1> /dev/null 2> /dev/null

You will need to change all the areas in all CAPS above to fit your site. Domain and folder is obvious. But you will need to insert your Dailymail Password, which is any password you selected under your Configuration tab.

After that you’re all set. If you have any other issues let me know.

pfunk
03-07-2008, 12:40 AM
Thanks.

I'm going to give it a try.

gzeus
03-20-2008, 10:48 PM
Hi,

I am using an installable php script which is both simple to use and quite powerful. It's delivery results to hotmail and gmail are very good. Haven't yet had an email go to the spam folder. It is a bit iffy with yahoo where a good percentage of the emails go to the spam folder. This is a full featured sequential responder.

It's one of the more useful responders I have found - free or paid.

you can download it here: http://infinite.ibasics.biz

Chris Douthit
03-21-2008, 02:53 AM
I went to the URL you left to check it out, but I dont see a demo. You mean I have to buy it and install it to check it out?

Bobby Walker
03-22-2008, 02:10 AM
I've been using aweber for over a year and I like
it, but I think for a simple autoresponder service
it should be less than $19.95.

I think if you could use your own software and
it is reliable in delivering you messages, this is
probably the way to go.

I think aweber should lower their rates to around
$10 per month for what you get with their service.

Bobby