PDA

View Full Version : The Warrior Forum ... Hacked.

Mike Merz
02-04-2008, 11:22 AM
... or at least I assume it was, after reading Willie Crawford's newsletter.

I feel for Allen and the mods ... especially after having my IM4Newbies Forum hacked 3 times over the years.

Ah well ... hope they get it back up soon.

On a similar note, Tony Blake has started an updated version of the ABlake Forum ... give it a looksee, if you have not checked it out already.

http://www.ablakeforum.com/index.php

Best,

Mike

Hendry Lee
02-04-2008, 02:25 PM
Just noticed this a few hours ago too.

I'm a regular at Warrior and as far as I can recall this is not the first time...

Hacked 3 times over the years? Oh my... that surely bad.

Dee Monty
02-04-2008, 03:13 PM
It's a terrible shame when any site is hacked but- you think they would tighten up security over there.
I'm shocked they use asp.

Asp is open to so many exploits eg :http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/Bulletin/MS07-018.mspx

I started out with a windows server- I got 200 sites hacked too. I wouldn't have a windows server now if you paid me.

I know nothing is 100% but after I was hacked I made it a priority to ensure I did my best to not let it happen again with any ease...

I hope they are able to fix it up soon, it's a horrible thing to have to deal with.

Hendry Lee
02-04-2008, 03:27 PM
I would never use ASP or Windows for web server too.

Coming from a Linux background, I'd prefer that. It's more lightweight and fast.

But Mike is also using Apache and got hacked 3 times over the years.. :-)

stiqan
02-04-2008, 09:36 PM
hehe, being into hacking (for thrills) for a few years when I was about 16 years old... I've quit and started to make money putting my skills into use instead, but the thing is that most scripts are always vulnerable no matter what you do and this is the truth.

I've tried a lot of different scripts in my time and scripts that don't use secure PHP protections and SSL etc are usually able to hack in more ways than one, unfortunately.

I saw this happened today, but the site is already up and running again now =)

- Chris

Bobby Walker
03-22-2008, 02:22 AM
I'm late getting to the party guys.....

I remember the day this happened.....

Now I know what the deal was....

I had a WSO up when this was going
on, that's my luck though.

Bobby

charleskirkland
03-22-2008, 10:59 PM
Bobby