PDA

View Full Version : Can I pick some experts' brains here?

kyrilp
01-18-2008, 12:43 PM
It's so great to see so many people that want to work smart instead of hard!

Okay here's the scenario:

I know of a company that has killer products and they're doing great, but they're overseas.

I'm an expert in this company's niche, but they don't offer online affiliate programs.

They sell a $297.00 (USD) product, and have TONS of great testimonials from professional athletes (it's a sports info product, manuals and DVD's) and solid sales.

Problem is, if I type in keywords that I, as a prospective customer would search under on google, they're not even in the top 100!

They only show up on the adwords side of google for they're exact name - that's it - no other keywords.

What I was thinking of doing was this:

Contacting the company as a JV Broker and getting 5-10% of gross revenue based on an increase of sales through my hooking up this company with an established lead-generating company and/or SEO company.

These are sales the company wouldn't have had otherwise.

Has anyone ever done anything like this? Potential seems huge...

If so, do you know of a good lead generating/SEO company that would do it as a JV?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Make it a Great Day!

- kyrilp

P.S. Seems like the possibilities for something like this would be limitless, and could be done in any market.

Torched
01-19-2008, 09:56 AM
Yes I did that before for a local real estate company and it worked our really good for both of us. They were paying $15 per click and converting at 4% so they weren't making that much in profits. I approached them and they accepted, I ended up accounting for nearly half of their sales and profits went up 400% even with me getting 40% per sale.

I think the best way to approach this and the way I did it is to write them an email first with info about you, your knowledge of the market/niche, maybe some examples of your current seo/adwords work and then put your phone number at the end so they can give you a call. A lot of online businesses, especially the new ones, are worried about getting scammed on ad sales or partnerships from unknown people so make sure you proof read your offer so that it doesn't sound like you want money up front or ownership/rights over any of their content, products, services or any access to their website/customers.

charleskirkland
01-20-2008, 01:18 AM
Deep

Torched

That is some great advice.

But one thing to look at when is comes to SEO is getting a track record of proven results.

Talking with past clients.

Plus make sure the SEO is white hat only. Because your are working with another company you have there name to worry about. If you get labeled as spamming in any way that could be a hard label to remove and damage their name.

Thanks
Charles Kirkland
http://www.seocodebreaker.com/

J.Andrews
01-21-2008, 03:11 PM
That is a fantastic idea. In fact, I have been looking at quite a few forums where people are just about begging for the info you have.

Local small biz owners are really ripe as far as a consumer group.

In terms of the sales funnel approach if you tossed up a page with a whole bunch of free videos, and then began with a small book, then worked them up to ....

You see what I mean. But the possibilities are endless.

Sign up with Yahoo Answers to see what I'm taking about. It's like ever 3rd question!

Dee Monty
01-27-2008, 02:39 PM
Had a similar dilema myself some time back.
Company had a terrible old site built with some ancient script and design so...

As I'm a webmaster as well as a marketer I did two things:

Organised a deal where I built them a great new website for a fee, SEO'd it, promoted it like crazy added a payment gatway and affiliate prog. with myself set up as the only affiliate on a price per sale basis. I can of course see the stats and sales in my account as can they. They doubled their online business in a two months period with no other online marketing or ongoing costs as I do the promo.

They do well from it, they got a cut price state of the art website, and I got paid for building the site, and a fee for managing it, and I make great money as their only affiliate too. :)

If they ever say they want other affiliates, I will offer to organise it as long as I get a 2nd tier of 5%.

Everybody wins. Hope that helps.

Chris Douthit
01-29-2008, 12:55 AM
That’s really a great idea! Quality products without affiliate programs sound like a niche in themselves. You set up the affiliate program for them and you’re the only affiliate. No competition in the program wow! Everyone really does comes out a winner.

I also really like your idea Dee, if they then wish to expand the affiliate program you can then organize it so you’re on the 2nd tier. That makes sense because you introduced them to affiliate programs and installed it on their site.

Dee Monty
01-30-2008, 04:40 PM
Thanks, glad you liked it. It works for me- I love promo ops where I am the only promotor for the sales.lol

You get:
Fee for the site (although I did charge a smaller fee than I would normally- only fair)
You get to install and set up a great affiliate system- one you prefer yourself, plus build a great site to help promotions
You make great profits and yes- if you organise the affiliates for them- all the 2nd tier is yours.
(This is a very fair way for a company to 'pay you on performance for your efforts)
You can also get a small fee for maintaing the site too- month in and out.

The Company gets:
Company is thrilled and starts to bring in internet sales- maybe for the first time ever!
They get a whole new stream of revenue and a whole new heap of customers and fresh leads.

Everybody wins :)

stiqan
02-04-2008, 09:41 PM
since I'm new here, but whole heated Warrior I've already found some gold and I think I might want to approach some companies with this as an offer =)

I have a subscription to "UAW" which helps me outrank FAST in many smaller niches with their unique articles and the backlinks are amazing too.

So this is an idea, and I've thought about it as well. "Too many projects to think about". lol

- Chris

Dee Monty
02-07-2008, 06:17 AM
Well- if you ever need a partner to help you with it- I'm your man (well woman actually) :)