PDA

View Full Version : New on the Forum

morleyl
01-16-2008, 12:34 AM
Hello:

I am Larkland Morley. Joined a few weeks back but just deciding to post finally.

I am preparing a good package on building products, so hopefully will announce details shortly.

I have worked in real product development in telecommunications so this is second nature to me. I notice lots online products tend to miss basic business techniques for long term success from observations.

Owen Lee
01-16-2008, 05:29 AM
I have worked in real product development in telecommunications so this is second nature to me. I notice lots online products tend to miss basic business techniques for long term success from observations.

I agree to that. Part of the reason is that many online marketers do not come from the "business world" and received education from online materials and tend to miss certain business principles that have proven to work in the traditional offline business. I'm not suggesting going to a business school or anything, but it is worthwhile to, say, go to a bookstore and just spend an afternoon at the business section. There will be tons of junk, but some material will definitely help you in the online world.

Owen Lee

Mike Merz
01-16-2008, 10:00 AM
Welcome to JVNP, Larkland ... nice follow up, Owen.

What I've always taught as a consultant is that Marketing Online is a business just like any other ... same people, different medium.

If you were considering starting a brick and mortar business, Offline ... you'd no doubt school yourself on what it takes succeed before laying all that start up money down ... at least I hope you would. <grin>

Much success in your journey ... feel free to ask for help along the way, it's what we're here for.

Best,

Mike

morleyl
01-16-2008, 11:32 AM
Thank you both for the replies.

Lots of techniques could help significantly online actually. The first thing that comes to mind is the concept of systems thinking. Look at your business as systems then build process around them..

A very good and free foundational business course is provided here.

http://www.myownbusiness.org/

Hope the link is not illegal.. They are a foundation anyway.

Larkland

Mike Merz
01-16-2008, 11:41 AM
Actually, Larkland ... I've recommended their site, and free Online Business course ... specifically, for years ... along with other comparable sites such as www.score.org.

Great resources.

Best,

Mike

Chris Douthit
01-17-2008, 04:00 AM
I agree with you Mike and Larkland. Both score.org and myownbusiness.org are great sites and can give you insight on how to get started or develop a plan that fits your goals.