PDA

View Full Version : How to take the next step.

ExMachina
12-13-2007, 07:05 AM
Hi guys,

I'd like some advice on how to take a very sucessful WSO to the next step.

I recently wrote an ebook which i released as a wso thinking it would sell 10-20 copies and maybe have someone offer to sell it to their list in return for commission. It didn't quite workout like that and so far i've sold about 130 copies and had very positive comments from both senior and novice warrors.

I now intend to develop the book further along with others i've written and make it available to a far wider audience but I lack the skills to write good sales copy I don't have a large list and to be honest up to now I've considered 20 clickbank sales a success.

Any tips or advice on how i can take this further?

mark

charleskirkland
12-13-2007, 04:35 PM
Step 1 get your hook first.

Step 2 write some KA sales copy or have it done.

Step 3 start get JV's for this and set a date to launch.

It is much harder then this but it works.

Thanks
Charles

ExMachina
12-14-2007, 11:25 AM
Thanks, I think i should have explained myself better,

I have an ebook that i've sold through a WSO (it's has over 200 copies sold now) with 100% positive feedback from the members there. So I know that it's a good solid product. I've also been told my numberous people whose views i respect that it contains more information that several $99/$77 ebooks that have been released in the past year and that it's original and unique.

I lack the skills to actually do a really good promotion and do the product justice if i launch it to the mass market. I think this leaves me with 2 options.

1. As the post above says pay to have a sales page written and then approach potential JV partners.

2. (and i don't know if this is even possible/usual) Find a JV partner now who will use their expertise to handle the whole promotion/marketing side of things while I adapt this book. We then split the profits.

My preference would be for the second option as this would take the pressure off of me and leave me to do what I do best .

Any thoughts or views?

David Fransko
12-14-2007, 01:03 PM
I'm in the same situation you are Mark. Looking forward to hearing responses from the more experienced JV members here.

kyrilp
01-18-2008, 01:07 PM
Hey Mark - I just joined the forum today, and read your post. I would be happy to take a look at your copy and offer some suggestions. I am a graduate of AWAI's Copywriting program, and while I don't usually write copy for others (I took the course to learn how to write my own sales copy), I'm sure I could lead you in the right direction. If you really need it written for you, we could look into something later on.

Make It A Great Day!

-kyrilp

J.Andrews
01-23-2008, 09:55 PM
Hey, just to let you know, I am in the process of doing that same WSO thing and it's insane! I was hoping to just break even, and instead I only have 15 slots left in only a few hours!

Yea, that's the way to "test" a product!