PDA

View Full Version : Sam Heyer intro ... introduce yourself!

Sam Heyer
10-20-2005, 06:09 PM
Hey everyone,

My name's Sam Heyer and I've been marketing online since the early days ('96 and '97). I've been successful for probably half of that ... that's the way it goes though -- you gotta start somewhere, right?

My core marketing principles can be summed up in Mark Joyner's new book "The Irresistible Offer" ... the main idea of selling is a simple process to me that he nailed on the head ... but I'm always striving for the new revolutionary ideas (trying to think further outside the box than anyone else). You'll know what I mean when you read the book I just finished co-authoring (I'm not going to say anything about it, but I want to give everyone in here a free copy in a few weeks).

That's a quick intro of me ... regardless of whether your a household name or are trying to stay under the radar I want to encourage you all to take a few minutes to make a post right now -- just post onto this one if you'd like ... or start a new topic, doesn't matter ...

A community is only as good as the people in it THAT SPEAK ... don't be shy to speak up -- let's make this the best community on the web. There is already great minds in here so let's start sharing some ideas and making some money.

The last point I want to make is that some of us are pros when it comes to JVing and some of us are rookies ... let's get everyone on the same playing field. If you're a rookie then ask any and all questions that you have ... if you're a pro then "share the wealth" and help out those wanting to learn more.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you, take a few minutes right now to make a post introducing yourself and any questions/comment that you have.

If you ever need anything feel free to contact me anytime and I will respond when I get a chance.

To our success,
Sam

Andy Beard
10-20-2005, 08:55 PM
Hi Sam

I am going to introduce myself on your thread. I know (from testing) that I have much more chance of people reading a post I make if I reply to someone elses post, than if I start one myself.
I suppose I don't have Willie Crawford's appeal yet ;)

I am fairly new to the internet marketing field, I suppose I started in May of this year.

I have had some reasonable successes despite starting with next to no budget, but then my previous background has helped me tremendously.

I believe I have done a reasonable job at "personal branding" as well, but more as a "helpful guy" than as a guru.

I have been in sales, marketing and software development for more than 15 years, mainly in the computer games industry. One of my main roles was negotiating JVs, typically referred to as "business development" in that industry, with the likes of Intel, AMD and Creative Labs.
I had a good profitable track record, despite being handicapped by representing a Polish development company (it was tough in those days, now it is much easier to gain recognition).

I am a believer in pre-selling products that truely over-deliver and are "best of breed".

I will throw a lot of weight (well as much as I can) into promoting products that offer truely unique features, and where the developer is determined to contine development until the product is regarded as being a "killer application".

I am not looking for products with slight variations on a theme, one new USP... bah

I want to be proud to refer a product, and for my customers to be delighted to have listened and acted on my recommendation.

I do have some projects I am working on, so maybe I will get to benefit from both sides of this new community (and that others can benefit from me).

Lets see some more posts

All the best

Andy

Jason James
10-21-2005, 10:04 AM
Great Job Mike!!

Hey Everyone,
Thanks Mike for putting this all together. I hope we can get this forum going real good!

Best Regards,

Jason James
eBay Power Seller
Founder, Auction Resource Network
http://www.auctionresourcenetwork.com
Email: info (at) auctionresourcenetwork.com
Phone: 508-463-5923
AIM: a1blkhst
Earn Cash: http://www.auctionresourcenetwork.com/affiliates.htm

Mike Merz
10-28-2005, 06:44 AM
Sam, Andy, Jason ... welcome aboard!

Looks like the board is finally accessible ... I'll send out an announcement a little later to alert the rest of our fellow partners. ;)

Much success,

Mike

Sam Heyer
11-02-2005, 07:36 PM
Hey Andy,

I agree with you on the "best of breed" products ... that's one thing (among many) that I idolize Joe Vitale for -- he always uses the products he endorses and only endorses those best of breed products ...

I still buy 'almost' everything Joe throws my way.

I look forward to see what projects you're working on right now and getting to know you along the way.

Talk to you soon,
Sam

Andy Beard
11-02-2005, 07:47 PM
I get very few emails from Joe, unless he is launching one of his own products ;)

My own products I hope to live up to the "best of breed" tag, thus I am first ensuring I have the finances in place before moving them from the drawing board.

Most of them are not small undertakings.

Mike Merz
11-03-2005, 02:58 PM
I've been interacting with Joe for years, via email and telephone ... have yet to meet him, unfortunately.

Very intelligent and kind gentlemen ... always a pleasure to hear his soothing, confident voice on the other end of the line ... a true professional.

Andy ... I must say, I'm no speed demon getting my wares to market, either.

Seems when I have rushed a project, it's blown up in my face ... so I know where you're coming from.

Much success,

Mike

Mike Merz
11-03-2005, 03:02 PM
Great Job Mike!!

Hey Everyone,
Thanks Mike for putting this all together. I hope we can get this forum going real good!

Best Regards,

Jason James
eBay Power Seller
Founder, Auction Resource Network
http://www.auctionresourcenetwork.com
Email: info (at) auctionresourcenetwork.com
Phone: 508-463-5923
AIM: a1blkhst
Earn Cash: http://www.auctionresourcenetwork.com/affiliates.htm

Jason ... I simply LOVE what you've done, in terms of modifying Ultimate Affiliate to suit your affiliate's promotional needs ... kudos to you on a very resourceful resource!

Much success,

Mike

Sam Heyer
11-03-2005, 03:17 PM
Hey Mike, Andy,

I think we can all relate to the rush projects "blowing up in our face" outcome ... I thought I'd learned my lesson several times, but found myself doing the same "rush job" again just this fall ...

When I rush my marketing plans though, I always miss things -- and then when it does blow up, I have to spend another month and a half re-writing the marketing plan to get it right.

So, now I can say that I've learned my lesson, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna stop rushing lol (it's half the fun of it) ... I now know when my marketing plans are good for launch and when they aren't finished -- knowing this helped me out TREMENDOUSLY.

That was probably my biggest rookie mistake of all time -- so advice to everyone in here, don't complete your marketing strategy on the day you launch ... have it finished a week before (at the latest) and fine tune it during that week. It sounds simple and obvious, but it's burned me on so many projects.

Take care,
Sam

Mike Merz
11-03-2005, 03:26 PM
Hey Mike, Andy,

I think we can all relate to the rush projects "blowing up in our face" outcome ... I thought I'd learned my lesson several times, but found myself doing the same "rush job" again just this fall ...

When I rush my marketing plans though, I always miss things -- and then when it does blow up, I have to spend another month and a half re-writing the marketing plan to get it right.

So, now I can say that I've learned my lesson, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna stop rushing lol (it's half the fun of it) ... I now know when my marketing plans are good for launch and when they aren't finished -- knowing this helped me out TREMENDOUSLY.

That was probably my biggest rookie mistake of all time -- so advice to everyone in here, don't complete your marketing strategy on the day you launch ... have it finished a week before (at the latest) and fine tune it during that week. It sounds simple and obvious, but it's burned me on so many projects.

Take care,
Sam

Great advice Sam .. ;)

We've employed a pre launch strategy with this community, breaking it into 2 phases.

Once we have all of the original 300 partners moved over to the new system (the list is the same ... and will remain that way, with AWeber) Nick and I will be taking partner feedback into consideration as we tweak and perfect it for phase 2 ... which will include more widespread promotion.

We were off to a fast start ... but a few bugs in the script ... coupled with a surge of visits in a short period of time, put a lag on the sytem that took the steam out of Phase 1 ... but we'll get there. ;)

Much success,

Mike

Andy Beard
11-03-2005, 05:19 PM
At least you guys haven't started selling a product 3 years before it's final release ;)

I will actually be able to talk about that one soon, only another year left on the NDA.

Mike Merz
11-03-2005, 06:13 PM
At least you guys haven't started selling a product 3 years before it's final release ;)

I will actually be able to talk about that one soon, only another year left on the NDA.

No, Andy ... I just have a homesite that is responsible for any 'fame' I've enjoyed that hasen't been seriously updated in 6 years! LOL

One day .. ;)

Much success,

Mike

Sam Heyer
11-03-2005, 06:28 PM
Haha ... that "one day" came for me this summer with my corporate site ... I absolutely hate it and I hate having a million different things all on one page ... so, less than a week after I decided to have my company site redesigned I stopped ... and now I have a company site that has a main page with about 20 links and none of them actually go anywhere ...

It's completely unprofessional and "one day" I'll have to have someone finish it off ... but for now I don't really care haha ... that's not the page that makes me money anyways.

Someday, someday ... for now I'm going to continue doing what I enjoy.

If you want to meet the worst procrastinator when it comes to doing stuff you DON'T want to do ... that's me!

I don't think I really had a point to posting this lol ... hopefully this post will loosen some people up to posting (cause they can laugh at me -- or mine).

Later,
Sam

Mike Merz
11-04-2005, 09:24 AM
Sam, I can't even fathom how large my list would be (though I've probably made more with small, targeted sub lists than I ever could from a huge general list) ... and how many potential sales opportunities I've thrown away ... by not upgrading IM4Newbies.com over the years ... not to mention how disorganized my sub domains are ... one day (one week, most likely) I'm going to blueprint the whole thing ... and have it outsourced.

Till then ... I'm going to have to work on making this site valuable to the experienced JV Marketers we're targeting.

Any and all help would surely be appreciated. ;)

Much success,

Mike

Sam Heyer
11-04-2005, 01:27 PM
Hey Mike,

I'm here every step of the way for making this the best JV marketing community it can be ...

As for help with anything else, just let me know (suprisingly, I love blueprinting my projects and laying out every marketing angle I possibly can to maximize my effectiveness ... and profit) ... marketing strategy and "the big picture" is probably one of my favorite things to do ...

So if anyone has any questions or wants to bounce something off me, make a post or PM me and I'll gladly help as much as I can.

Anyways, let me know what you need Mike ... my schedule is pretty empty right now (minus the promotion of my book).

Talk to you soon,
Sam

Gabriel Howes
12-09-2005, 01:48 PM
Till then ... I'm going to have to work on making this site valuable to the experienced JV Marketers we're targeting.

Any and all help would surely be appreciated. ;)

What can we do Mike? I'm all ears. ;D

Mike Merz
12-09-2005, 02:47 PM
Just post great, informative content ... should be easy for you, when it comes to JV Marketing ... my friend!

BTW ... Welcome, Gabriel. ;)

Much success,

Mike