PDA

View Full Version : How to contact potential JV partners

designer_uk
11-20-2007, 09:44 PM
Hi there,

Just wondering, how would you contact a potential JV partner or just contact them for questions? I mean the big guys like Chris McNeeney or Alex Goad don't reveal their email address. I would love to contact them, not necessarily for business, just for fun, get to know them (not that they'd wanna know me!) etc.

charleskirkland
11-21-2007, 01:52 AM
Tyler

They don't play for fun only profit. Start with contacting low level JV's and build from there.

Thanks
Charles

Ralf Skirr
11-21-2007, 08:20 AM
Hi Tyler,

if you want to contact them for fun, why do you call them 'potential JVPartners'?

Make sure you set your goals BEFORE you start contacting people, otherwise you may waste the possibilities. It is a good idea however to start building contacts before needing JVPartners, so you first contact must not necessarily be a JV proposal.

Ralf

designer_uk
11-21-2007, 12:15 PM
Thanks for the replies guys.

I understand I need to build contacts and relationship before doing the JV thing. That's why I called them "Potential" JV partners. I believe you need to have fun when building relationships, even business ones.

It's always good to have a laugh instead of being all serious and formal all the time. I don't mean fun as in going out clubbing with the Potential JV or Business Partner lol. I mean just having a laugh on an Instant Messenger or the phone etc.

So any ideas how to contact these guys?

Thanks

Venkata Ramana
11-23-2007, 12:38 AM
Hey Adam,

Contacting top JV partners has always been a challenge to most of the
marketers.

But even before you could think about contacting them,
you really need to make sure that you have an offer
which CANNOT be rejected.

Think about it this way: Why would a top internet marketer
JV with you to promote your project, if your product does
not have a unique selling position?

Also once you make sure that you have a real good
product to promote and the best sales material in it,
you need to present the offer in a very innovative way
to your potential JV partner.

JV'ing is not a rocket science, but it calls for You
to start thinking out of the box.

Cheers,
Venkata Ramana
http://www.OutSourceYourWork.com
http://www.FlashMarketingVideos.com

Ralf Skirr
11-23-2007, 04:35 AM
I understand I need to build contacts and relationship before doing the JV thing. That's why I called them "Potential" JV partners.

So any ideas how to contact these guys?

Okay, let's collect ideas how to contact someone BEFORE your actual JV offer...

=> send them a gorgeous testimonial for their sales letter.

=> post comments to their blogs to get your name noticed. Don't post 2 word crap like 'great post', rather try to contribute to what the initial post was about.

More ideas welcome...

Ralf

Venkata Ramana
11-23-2007, 04:45 AM
Hey Ralf,

Nice to meet you :-)

It is a good idea to post to their blog.

We get a lot of brochure design requests
to our outsourcing website.

Most people tend to use snail mail
to attract Joint venture partners
( that's a big secret actually )

and Networking is a great tool.
You could find great marketers on
sites like the warrior forums and this one.

Venkata Ramana
http://www.OutSourceYourWork.com/

Mike Merz
11-23-2007, 08:32 AM
Here's a quick couple of ideas from me ...

1) Seminars - you can catch those a level or more above you (and then some) in the restaurants and bars during down time. Don't force yourself and your JV offer on them. Introduce yourself, and start a little small talk ... better yet, find another attendant that may have networked their way into the player's camp, and ask them to introduce you. The important thing is to not come off to strong ... talk to them like the guy and girl next store, and let things happen naturally.

2) Get to them, indirectly - trying building a rapport with a player's project manager, affiliate manager, webmaster, or just a more approachable marketer that's clearly connected with the player ... once again, it shouldn't be 'Hi ... my name is Joe Blow, and I've got this great new project that's launching on ...'. Instead, make it all about them until you've built a rapport.

Supplemental answer - Promote one of their products, first (only works if you have the resources to perform this task successfully enough for them to notice - see paragraph below. ;)).

Of course ... the effectiveness of the above two methods rises commensurately with the level you've reached in your own self and product branding. So start building a solid business ... first, before ever expecting to line up high level JV partners.

Best,

Mike

designer_uk
12-04-2007, 09:28 PM
Thanks for the reply guys, they were very helpful. :)