PDA

View Full Version : AWeber Confirm Rate Up 50%, Small but Uncommon Change

Steven Wade
08-18-2013, 11:31 AM
I realized a lot of our Aweber leads (low 30% to high of 60%) weren't confirming and therefore we were losing a lot of money. I did all the typical things to increase the confirm rate, i.e. making it so obvious a retarded parrot knew they had to click a confirm link, but the results weren't satisfactory on larger lists.

I applied the simple practice of sending a follow-up email to leads that didn't confirm in the first 5-10 minutes -- from our email account (gmail), not aweber.

The email mentioned they opted in and requested something, but didn't confirm. I went on to say the reason was likely due to the confirmation message being in the junk box.

So far we've seen a solid 50% recovery rate. We've written a script to automate this using Aweber's PHP API to get the list of unconfirmed subscribers, and we then send the emails from our web server using this list. It appears all of our web server messages arrive in the inbox, like the gmail ones, instead of going to junk like a lot of Aweber's emails.

Very simple and very effective -- it feels like I ran into amazing results by complete accident. I hope someone puts this to use for their lists. :)

I got off the phone with AWeber and they said it IS ALLOWED to send a reminder email, as long as it DOESN'T INVOLVE AWEBERS SERVERS, i.e. our own gmail account. They went on to say the information this link (https://help.aweber.com/entries/21664358-can-i-resend-the-confirmation-message) only applies to their service/servers.

Steven Wade
09-02-2013, 08:01 PM
Hmm, I changed the title but it hasn't updated in the forum...

Mike Merz
09-03-2013, 05:21 AM
Steven, that's an Admin only action ... what did you want the title changed to?

Cheers,

Mike Sr

Meek Banks
09-07-2013, 10:52 PM
This is a helpful idea. I hate having to have my new subbie's confirm, because I seem to have a great deal of leakage, especially when marketing in the IM niche. Using my gmail will allow me to add a very personal touch and remind people of the original offer. I will do this starting immediately.

Thanks for the tip!

Steven Wade
09-08-2013, 01:01 PM
Steven, that's an Admin only action ... what did you want the title changed to?

Cheers,

Mike Sr

Aweber Confirm Rate Up 50%, Small but Uncommon Change

Martin Palotas
10-06-2013, 01:21 PM
Thanks for your tip Steve. I sure will test this.

Felix Leech
09-02-2014, 01:06 PM
Hi Steve,

Thanks for the tip, I will definitely try this.

I just thought of something else you could do to increase opt in rate. It's on the squeeze thank you page to have links to all the popular message servers with something like "Click here to go to your Gmail inbox," "Click here to log in with Hotmail" and the corresponding logos. I haven't tested it yet but will on my first launch and report back.

All the best,

Felix

PS Does the sending of emails from your inbox take a long time, or do you have a team to help you?

vaduva darius
10-02-2014, 05:21 AM
Hi,

I have found a great way to increase the subscriber rate was by having a thank you page where visitors were informed about the fact that they are one step closer to downloading the gift, a preview of how the subscription mail looks like and ability to login to their email from the thank you page.

So basically, instead of sending them to the download, you send them to confirm the subscription and as 1st followup after subscription, they will receive a download link.

This improved my subscribers optin by 30% give it a try!
Darius