PDA

View Full Version : Business blog is a good way to blog for your website..

sarasolomon
10-22-2007, 08:18 PM
Business blog is a good way to blog for your website.. It makes loading content easy and fast. Let’s talk business blog in this thread

Fidens Felix
10-26-2007, 04:32 AM
Hi,

I can't see the connection between "business blog" and "easy and fast content loading" ?

Mike Merz
10-27-2007, 11:02 AM
I agree, Fidens ... not sure where we're going with this ... please elaborate.

Best,

Mike

Abi Noah
03-02-2008, 04:27 PM
I think what he was refering to is the ability to write content on the fly, so to speak, with a blog.
No need for html or templates,just type and click. Here is a free description on how to create a blog with Blogger (http://www.affiliatemarketingintro.com/Create-blog.html)

I do think business blogs are a good tool in your internet marketing arsenal. But one cannot rely on this alone.

They are particularly good for building an image or reputation of yourself with your potential customers.

There are a lot of questions and discussions about blogging. For example what the best blogging platform is, and frequency of posts, how to generate good content, where to syndicate your content and so forth.

Yes, starting and maintaining a thread about blogging might be a good idea after all

charleskirkland
03-03-2008, 11:02 AM
I can think more people should get a blog. But the problem is most people don't have the time or take the time to maintain them.

But with that said it is a great way to build your self into a power house if you publish GREAT content. Now that is were most people fall off the cart. You have to have content that worth people taking the time to read.

Charles

gzeus
03-20-2008, 11:22 PM
Exactly Charles. I mean I can count the number of blogs I frequent (for all my interests) on the fingers of one hand. The landscape is polluted with "what I had for breakfast" type of blogs and the business landscape is polluted with scraped duplicate content and rehashed articles.

This is both a frustration and an opportunity to stick out and be noticed if your content provides some real value and new insights and if your headlines are sticky.

charleskirkland
03-21-2008, 12:22 AM
Bo

I agree with you 100%

I'm doing a case study with a blog I put up at http://ckirkland.com/

The setup of the theme is not done yet.

But starting this Monday I'm going to post to it everyday and trun it into a brain dump
for the next 30day's and just see what happens with it.

I want to know what will it look like in terms of $$ and readers at the end of 30 days.

The goal of the case study is if you give real high quality content will the readership be there?

I'm doing camtasia videos of the entire process from start to finish. Then I'm going to give away the videos on the site for free.

Thanks
Charles

Chris Douthit
03-21-2008, 02:50 AM
That blog looks really good Charles. I just cant believe you have the rich jerks banner on there ;)

gzeus
03-21-2008, 10:19 AM
Yes offer useful, new, but somewhat incomplete information.

To be honest you can find all the information you need on the net free, most people are just too lazy to search for it, as it can take long to find and gather the right information. It is tedious work and buying a $50 ebook is a good time saver. We all provide a service of a one-stop frustration-free information shop for a particular niche - that's all.

gzeus
03-21-2008, 11:28 AM
And Charles - do you have your videos on youtube? I've searched your name and course name and found three affiliate videos.

charleskirkland
03-21-2008, 02:26 PM
I do have some for my smaller niche but they are under a different name. I have not done anything yet with SEOcodebreaker on YouTube.

But I know from my smaller niches that it is great traffic to have.

Thanks
Charles Kirkland

Rich Mauro
05-14-2008, 12:35 PM
I have to agree with everything everyone has mentioned. The blogs are a good way to get out there and make a reputation for yourself but it does take time and effort. They do not just fall into your lap. What I like about the blogs is that not only can you be helping someone out but you just may learn something in the long run too. Good luck to everyone!

Rich

Nick Grinberg
05-15-2008, 03:06 AM
For companies - Blogs are great, except that too many companies fall into the trap of not giving any quality content, and just peddling their services. I think quality content speaks volumes about the service of that company. In my personal opinion, I think even if it is a company blog, they should have one or more people being the 'face' of the blog - as most individuals would relate to a person rather then a brand.

The communities and trust blogs build are invaluable. If you can develop a holistic blog strategy (and monetization strategy), you can outsource the content writing if youre THAT strapped for time.

PS...i really like the layout of your blog charles :D