PDA

View Full Version : Hello To Everyone!

Ken Leatherman
10-11-2007, 12:43 PM
Hi Folks,

I appreciate having the opportunity to drop in and say hello to all.

I'm a lot closer to 65 than I am to 65. But who's counting the years.

I became a salesman when I was 9 year old (1956). I saw a classified ad in a Sergeant Rock comic book to sale Christmas Cards. I sent for the pack and believe it or not it was a first class sales package and 1st class Christmas Cards. Of course it had to be done door to door. I started in September and finished in November. I sold $750.00 worth of Christmas Cards and made a commission of $375.00 plus won first prize for the most sales in the season. This started me on a lifelong love of sales.

I spent 12 years on active duty in the U.S. Marine Corps, but even then used my sales experience. I was a recruiter for the Marine Corps in the middle of the Viet Nam War. I also supplemented my military pay by doing part time sales work.

To make a very long story short I'm now retired from the "9-5" rat race and only spend 12 to 14 hours a day working on my internet business. My goal is to provide my wife (Barb) and I with a good income that will let us live in a lifestyle that we aren't used to yet. ;)

As this is my first day I'm still looking around and getting an idea of the way things work around here. However, I'm really looking forward to being able to make a contribution and in turn learn from the experienced JV folks here.

One thing that has really jumped out at me is the building of relationships and the integrity of this forum. Being from the old school of "Your Word Is Your Bond" this is extremely important to me.

I have limited experience in JV's and a small list. However, these folks know when I put one of my products before them they know it is well worth checking out. Consequently this results in good sales.

I sincerely hope our relationship will prove to be profitable for all of us.

Ken Leatherman

Mike Merz
10-11-2007, 03:09 PM
Glad to have you aboard, Ken.

Always great to hear Marketing stories from back in the day ... especially seeing as the techniques still work just as well, and sometimes they need a different spin.

Looking forward to reading your contributions, my friend.

Best,

Mike