PDA

View Full Version : Trying to Make a Go of This!!! I'd like to Introduce myself

Sean McAlister
09-23-2007, 01:53 PM
Hi Mike and Fellow JV partners

My name is Sean McAlister. I am new to the JV Community and affiliate marketing as a whole.
I have been dabbling for quite some time (off and on for about 6 yrs). I never really gave it a go. I simply tried to get familiar as my full time profession is Real Estate Developing.
Anyway... I am sincerely trying to give it a shot now. I do not have a Web Site but I put together quite a few blogs.

I agree with your post and I am no way trying to solicit anything but a pure recommendation so that I can contribute and earn some additional income.

I have been up like 24 hrs a day trying to do this with minimal outlay. I have been posting in free advertising forums (the free ad forum) and such, I have been submitting articles, I have been trying to update my blogs with good content and I am having a rough time. I am getting a lot of views on the forums but not ,many clickthroughs

If you could please offer some guidance. I respect the community and would like very much to become successful within the community. My Blog is ----TheWebInvestor@blogspot.com
Colors, layout...anything that I might be able to change.

Again, I am trying to become a JV partner that can offer substance. I am trying to build a list properly ( or what I think is Properly) I do have an auto responder through JV and have built a small list of 50.

I appreciate you time.
Best Regards
Sean McAlister

Mike Merz
09-24-2007, 11:01 AM
Welcome to The JVNP Community, Sean.

I can most certainly appreciate where you're coming from ... most of us were in your position at one time or another ... many still are.

I'm from the camp that believes you have to inject into your Online business the same learning, researching, planning, testing, tracking, drive and commitment to follow through you would put into an Offline venture ... including spending money on essentials, like a web site, proper email management tool/service, and advertising ... within a budget you've calculated and put aside for that distinct purpose. I know I'm going to hear feedback from those that swear it can all be done 'on the cheap', but I started realizing my goals by putting money back into my Marketing system ... just as you would in any business

By all means ... keep writing, archiving, and submitting the articles. Content, branding, subscriber bait, spider food ... and the list goes on ... so important, IMHO.

I'll return with more ideas as I have time ... perhaps our partners fill follow up with additional opinions.

All the best,

Mike

Sean McAlister
09-24-2007, 01:17 PM
Mike,

I appreciate your insight. I don't mind spending some $$ but I don't want to waste my money. I have experimented with google adwords (around $800.00) ...and only reaped 4 sales. I did build most of my small list that way though.

Success follows success. Any suggestions on where to spend my money in order to maximize ROI? I really apprecite it.

I have received one tip from Sean Mize. I was told the landing page of my Blog has too much and needs to focus on one thing. That is fine with me, and I appreciate the insite. What is the best approach of honing in on that focus?

Again I appreciate anyone's suggestions. I just signed up for Joel Comm's newest program and trying to promote it now. Maybe I am "chasing" too many things! I don't know. I look forward to feedback.

Thanks Again
Sean McAlister
TheWebinvestor.blogspot.com