PDA

View Full Version : teaching a JV partner what a JV actually is....

glasshalffull
09-03-2007, 11:35 PM
I'm launching a physical product ($597) in a different niche than internet marketing in about 40 days.

I'm concerned that the list of potential JV's that I've found and will be contacting won't understand the JV process and how it will benefit them as well as me. I feel like I'm going to really have to over teach the Jeff Walker product launch process to my potential JV's as they aren't familiar with the concept.

In focusing on "What's In It For Me" for the Jv's I'm going to be:

1. having a JV contest with prizes
2. paying 50% commission or better
3. giving them the course for review (manuals/dvd's/cd's)
4. promoting their products to the list created from this launch
5. MOST IMPORTANTLY, I want to teach them the launch process so they can use it in their future launches to get more people into their product funnel

I'm going to try and give the JV partner as much value as possible.

What else should I be doing to really get the potential partners interested?

The product is a quality product and I deliver great content, in some cases I'm concerned it's better than some of my potential partners product.

thanks

JPaston
09-04-2007, 03:01 AM
Have you set up relationships with your potential JV partners already? If not then your JV approach may well fall on deaf ears!

I've found that just approaching a potential partner and saying 'Hey, I've a great product that I want you to promote so we can both make a mint' doesn't get you anywhere. Most experienced affiliates hear this a hundred times a day.

JVs work only when they are true JOINT Ventures. Strike up a friendship. Offer to help someone with a problem they have. Find out what their strengths and weaknesses are and let them know yours too.

A true JV is where two or more partners cover each others weak areas with their own strengths. This may be as simple as "I've got a product but no list" and "That's OK, I've got a list but I need a new product". But usually you find it goes deeper than that and that relationships grow because kindred spirits find each other.

So, with a relationship like that, you won't have to worry that your product is better than your partner's. Because you will both be working on it together.

If all you are after is affiliates to promote your product then all you have to do is make their life easier. Set up a sales page they can use, a set of emails they can send out, banners, short reports they can brand, I'm sure you know all this stuff.

No one minds selling a good product that is easy to sell because all the hard work has been done by somebody else!

Jim Reilly
09-04-2007, 05:31 AM
Hi

The personal approach definetly works better, join partner forums, get to know
them, leave them your messengers, take time out when people contact.

Ive had more success with promotions and sales by contacting and chatting
and taking the time to listen, i admint there are some ar*ehol*s out there
but you can either take it or block them, some people take the whats in it for
me to the extreme then do nothing in return for you.

Relationship building is important cause dont forget all we see is that stupid
monitor infront of us and it can get a bit impersonal, and yes we all rant and
rave at it forgetting there is a living breathing entity at the other end.

James