PDA

View Full Version : To cheap to test a product WOW!

charleskirkland
08-29-2007, 02:50 PM
I got and email today for a JV from someone who claims that this is going to be the biggest money making JV I could ever dream of. Most of the time I get these they just don’t fit my list so I just don’t even make any attempt at going further with it.

But for a change this one was a great fit. After giving this person my phone number, we talked for about and ½ hour about him and the product.

I was getting a great feeling about this. The product looked good, the sales copy was ok and the fit was right for my list.

Near the end of the conversation I asked him what kind of conversion numbers did he have to back up back up the claim that this was going to be a money making venture for both of us.

SILENCE

I asked him if he did any PPC to just get rough estimates of sales and OTO conversions.

SILENCE

He explained to me that he didn’t need to do any testing since he wrote the letter and did the product. He took a different tone and told me that I was wasting his time if I was not going to promote his product.

I tried to explain to him that testing would help both of us as he could improve on the sales before it was emailed out to a 30,000 plus list. Any improvements that could be done none would have a huge impact once it goes to my own list.

He gets mad and starts telling my what jerk I am and that I have just wasted his time and hangs up.

WOW!

Has any body else had things like this happen to them?

Thanks
Charles Kirkland

Mike Merz
08-31-2007, 08:09 AM
Wow, Charles ... LOL

It constantly amazes me how something as serious as launching a new product is left to chance.

Nice post, Charles ... hope that potential JV partner of yours stumbles on it.

Best,

Mike