PDA

View Full Version : Scott Trimble from halfagain.com - Yep, I'm new here

scottt
07-18-2007, 04:11 PM
Hey guys, was just turned onto this forum by Alex Goad (of Project Black Mask) so thought I'd stop by and take a look. Looks great so far!

I do have a question though. How has this forum helped you? Have you learned more about JV deals? Any forum contacts turned into JV promotions? Any of these turned into $$$? Let me know, I'd love to hear how you've been affected...

charleskirkland
07-19-2007, 08:35 AM
Scott

How has this forum helped me?

First it gives me the insight of other JV’s and product creators.

Second a number of people here that have helped me directly and indirectly in putting together my new membership site. Since I’m in the last stages of putting in the final touches to the site the advice that I have gotten from Mike and the others has been a huge help to me.

Third a number of people that I’m sure would be willing to promote with me.

Fourth getting to network with others like-minded people is great. Just to prove my point I was going to contact you next week about 2 of your products I own. I bought RSS Magician and RSS Evolution in March 3 of this year.

I liked both of them so much until I did some videos on what they are, how to use them and where to get them. I was going to Fedex you a copy of the videos after they were edited to get your thought on them and to see if I missed any important points with the software and to test my “FWB” link.

But since you posted here I might be able to save time by just emailing you the link.

Fifth by being in on the ground floor I’m able to give me list a heads up and prime and bribe them so that when something new comes down the pipe I can get more people to buy with my link.

So yes this forum has been a huge help to me.

Thanks
Charles Kirkland

scottt
07-19-2007, 05:00 PM
Hey Charles, good timing then :). As for your answers, really great - thanks for the insight. On your videos, definitely just email me the link. I'd like Omar (another 3rd of our team) to be able to view them too. Thanks!

(scott@halfagain.com if you don't have it)

Egidijus Andreika
07-23-2007, 04:33 AM
Hi scottt,

I will add some of my own experience: I've found this forum in April and I've noticed that not much of activity was going... Even though the forum is here for quite some time and has over 1000 members, most of them are inactive ones. Why? Because, as Mike said, most of them just come here with 'me me me' attitude to make a JV deal, make money and then forget about the members. That's not right in my opinion...

Now, to answer your questions, I did find a lot of good information on this forum - especially the part where Mike made some rants on members with that 'me me me' attitude. Mike's post made me realize even more that in order to receive and gain anything good from the community, you have to contribute to it first. You might say - I'm a new member in this whole JV world and don't have knowledge to contribute... But I think everyone can start participating more in forum activity and helping other members. Moreover, this forum has a lot of great content on everything in JV - I found a lot of useful advice, tips, etc.

Now the most valuable part of participating in this forum for me was this (to answer your questions):
* Any forum contacts turned into JV promotions? or * Any of these turned into $$$?

Not yet, but that's because I didn't launch my own product yet. I'm sure that when I launch my own product other forum members will help me and I will find at least few good JV partners.

What motivates me the best here is that after I made some small contribution to the forum and helped some members, Mike posted his appreciation for this activity in his JV newsletter and blog (thanks, Mike! :) ). Actually this surprised me a lot, but also I was inspired to participate here more. Moreover, I have noticed that contacts with great people could be built here just by participating and contributing and I'm sure the great community will be built on this.

So, Scott, I suggest you to stay here and get your feet wet, participate in forum discussions. This way, I can guarantee you, that you will make great contacts and future deals with the members.

Have a nice day,
Egidijus

Mike Merz
07-23-2007, 01:09 PM
Welcome, Scott ... thanks for the follow up, Charles and Egidijus (and Happy Birthday, BTW!).

Scott, if all 1600 plus partners were as productive in the way of staying active ... and helpful, as Charles, Egidijus, and a handful of others ... we'd be giving the Warrior Forum a run. ;)

I'd settle for 1 post a week from those that are generally inactive ... we'd really be rocking.

Give me a coupla months ... there are going to be a few changes in the CMS that is going to help jack things up a bit ... stay tuned.

Best,

Mike

scottt
07-24-2007, 09:04 PM
Indeed, forums are an interesting animal, to say the least.

As for the changes, I can't wait to see them and I'll do my best to give you a couple posts here and there :).