PDA

View Full Version : Affiliates prefer Clickbank or 2Checkout?

charleskirkland
07-13-2007, 09:29 AM
I’m getting ready to roll out a new product in a new market.

In the past I have been in some tight niches where I am one of the key players. This has allowed me to roll out new products with what ever payment processor I used and my affiliates didn’t care because they know they are going to get paid with out question.

But since this is a new market I have question about which is better for my affiliates Clickbank or 2Checkout.

I’m not sure which payment processor to use.

Up until about 3 weeks ago I was going to use 2Checkout but after ClickBank came out with reoccurring payments this has opened new doors for me.

I’m still working out the numbers on price but I’m planning on have a base subscription of maybe 77.00-99.00 and then a monthly follow up fee of 19.97-29.95 per month. As of now I’m planning on doing a 50% split with the average affiliate and higher spilt of my JV’s.

My original plans was to run CMSInfusion and use 2Checkout. Since CMSInfusion has its own affiliate program it would require more trust from my affiliates.

But if I use Clickbank I will use AMember to manage the membership site. The advantage to click bank is they handle all the payments and refund. Plus people know they are going to get paid. The disadvantage is link highjacking.

I guess I’m asking which one will my affiliates prefer Clickbank or 2Checkout?

Thanks
Charles

scottt
07-13-2007, 04:12 PM
clickbank also gives refunds VERY easily and affiliates may take this into account. However, I'm of the opinion that this is a very small piece of the pie - most people won't care.

Mike Merz
07-18-2007, 08:44 AM
Despite ease of hijacking, and no question refunds for products that for the most part do not get time bombed or locked out after refund, ClickBank has paid like clockwork since I joined them over 7 years ago ... they get my vote.

Best,

Mike

charleskirkland
07-19-2007, 07:05 AM
Mike & Scott

Thanks for the help, after looking at both programs and the ability to get other to help promote it I'm going with CLickBank.

Because CB is trusted and they take care of everything, all I have to do is provide my tax id.

Thanks
Charles

Adeel Chowdhry
08-12-2007, 05:13 PM
Another thing..using Clickbank will free up your resources, i.e. TIME. Which in turn equals money..

How?

AUTOMATION

I personally have found that using other merchant/affiliate services takes up MORE of YOUR time. Managing the affiliate tracking, paying out commissions, and handling refunds.

Clickbank rules over them all..
Affiliate tracking, commission payout and handling refunds for you all in one.

AUTOMATE YOU BUSINESS AT MUCH AS POSSIBLE.

Nothing is going to be 100% automated but one should strive to get as many tasks that can be automated, done so.

Time is money!

-ADEEL CHOWDHRY-

Dylan Loh
08-26-2007, 08:50 PM
I don't like the refund policy/rates of Clickbank but I still gets
my vote of confidence because my list is so used to purchasing
from Clickbank that if they get to a non-clickbank order page...
they might freeze ;D

Dylan

Nicole Davis
08-27-2007, 09:14 PM
I've personally used both ClickBank and 2 CheckOut, and prefer ClickBank for sure...Especially with the new recurring payment feature. They get my vote as well!

charleskirkland
08-28-2007, 08:52 AM
Hello

After looking at the pros and cons of clickbank and c2checkout I have decided to go with clickbank for http://adsensecodebreaker.com/.

The first is people trust clickbank more, it is what people are use to seeing. They are the leader and that is hard to beat.

You don't have to worry about doing tax forms for the JV's and Affiliates. Paperwork is a pain in the but.

Charles

Peteman
09-25-2007, 02:46 PM
Hi,

I hope this is the right place to post this. Just wondering, I feel that many of my buyers are put off when I am marketing clickbank products because they only accept payment in US dollars. This can make UK buyers sceptical.

Does anyone know of a site which offers products in pounds??

Thanks

Pete

charleskirkland
09-27-2007, 08:44 AM
Peter

I don't know but I have never looked for them. I would suggest you talk to Andrew Fox I know he is from the Uk and I'm sure he would know.

Thanks
Charles