PDA

View Full Version : JV Manager or not?

Amber Jalink
06-26-2007, 10:30 AM
Okay, I'm going to put a question out to those of you who have run higher level JVs (successfully).

Is it wise to get a JV Manager to handle all of that? Let me explain why I'm asking...

In the past two years I haven't done a whole lot of JVs due to the fact that I was on a bad server (amongst a lot of other issues). Got through all of that, and am rebuilding again.

I have a few sites being updated and two into a new completion...

*BUT* they aren't your typical site, they are services/memberships, not product sales (ebooks).

One is live now in final building stages but has been getting new members on a slow (but steady) basis.

The other two aspects are finishing in the next 2 weeks or so, for testing through summer to a final "big blow out" release September 7th.

Right now I have a 'pre' release on the one ($97-$497 cost)...

After a lot of consideration, I'm wondering if it would be best to hand someone else the "reigns" so to speak to be a JV Manager.

I'm exhausted LOL - I have a support guy who does part time responses to field for me...
I have two programmers who do some stuff for us...

But the sales letters and the back end of the site I've been mostly doing myself for a variety of reasons.

As Mike says, he hates having JV requests for those wanting to release in like 2 weeks, which makes the calendar busy.

With the way things are going, I'll end up doing that - and I don't want to. My time is pretty full to add the marketing co-ordination, etc. that I usually would do for it.

And I want this to be a *huge* launch in September.

So back to my question - have you ever used a JV Manager, and should I seriously?

What are the approximate % that are assumed to be paid to a JV Manager, (based on sales?) or based on sales from JVs they put together... or overall... or is it a set $ value?

Do they handle the marketing campaigns, creations, and to what extent? etc?

Or would a marketing manager be better? Or is it really the same thing?

Sorry, I haven't used one in the past, but I'm trying to learn to delegate some things ;) and considered this might be the best start "if" its actually practical/wise/beneficial for all.

Amber

charleskirkland
06-28-2007, 10:24 PM
Hello Amber

I'm having the same thoughts as you on this. But I belive in the end having a JV manamger is the best way to do this. They will have some many more contacts that they can pull from them any one single person can get by themselves.

Thanks
Charles

Russell Portwood
07-06-2007, 08:53 AM
Wow, this post really hit home. I'm in a similar situation with a launch coming in early September. I want to do it "right" but time constraints, etc. make it tough. Plus, I'm just now learning to give up control over portions of the project - something I know I must do. (graphics farmed out now, some writing being done outside, etc. - I'm getting better:-)

Anyway, maybe this is something I need to consider too. This was the right post at the right time for me. Will be watching replies of those who have been there, done that.

Russell

Mike Merz
07-08-2007, 08:10 PM
Amber,

Taking into consideration that the JV we are talking about comes largely in the form of an endorsed mailing ... and assuming you have the ability to take on a full time employee ... an affiliate manager is what you're looking for, with possible assistance from a JV Broker during launch time to bring on partners.

Fellow partner Anik Singal is going to be providing a service very soon that involves training and placing professional affiliate managers.

Best,

Mike