PDA

View Full Version : What Is A Good List Size?

Hamida Pall
06-19-2007, 01:36 PM
Reed mentioned in another post that an important factor in the success of a JV, is offering reciprocal mailings. I would like to get involved in some joint ventures and eventually offer one myself, but as a JV newbie would like to know what is considered to be a decent sized list? What numbers would most JV partners want you to promote to?
Thanks,
Hamida

Reed Floren
06-19-2007, 02:41 PM
5K-10K+ seems to be fairly good. The big players have much bigger lists.

Your relationship with your list is more important than list size though.

charleskirkland
06-20-2007, 02:43 PM
I agree with Reed it's list relationship over size. When my diy list was smaller I had a much better relationship with them and I was able to get a higher amount per email. As my list got bigger I kind of got away from it and now my $ amount per name is much smaller.

So I know value relationship over size.

Thanks
Charles Kirkland

francisj
06-22-2007, 12:44 PM
Yeah, 5-10k List I think is the standard list size, I think you can easily make a ton of sales with that list. But a Good list size for me would be around 20-30k it is a 'good' size list. It is big, good sized. :D

But I think that conditioning is still key to its success.

charleskirkland
06-22-2007, 04:32 PM
Sometimes when I kick people off for not taking any actions my value per person gose way up.

Thanks
Charles Kirkland

rayrip
06-26-2007, 01:17 AM
I am new to JV marketing. I built a product, and I figure in order to market it, I would try and find a partner(s) that has a list.. so for this product, I have no list.

So my question is this.. If you have no list, will people that do have a list do a venture with you with a new product?

Thanks for any info you can send my way!

Mark Daoust
06-26-2007, 09:23 AM
It is 100% the relationship with your list.

I've had a list in the past that was over 200,000 people strong, but the open rate and action rate on that list was horrible.

I think if you are dealing with industry standards (about a 20% open rate and about $1/month/subscriber) then the number Reed put out there is fairly accurate.

Hamida Pall
06-26-2007, 06:18 PM
Thanks for your replies. I'd better get list building then because I'm way short of 10,000!

charleskirkland
06-28-2007, 10:22 PM
Ray

Yes you can get other to promote your prodcut but first you need to do some work to your sales page. Most people will not promte anything that has adsense and aff. ads on the home page like you have.

Thanks
Charles

rayrip
08-16-2007, 03:44 AM
Thanks for the advise Charles... I took off the ads. I've been delayed a bit because I had to change the name of the program and of course then the help files and the web site... the name of my program had already been taken... although the other program was web based and a completely different program.

Again, thanks for the advise.

charleskirkland
08-16-2007, 09:45 AM
Now if I were you I would go make a list of top people who you could develop a partnership with. This will take time but it's like dating you will just have to work at it to get it to work

Charlres

Nicole Davis
08-27-2007, 09:34 PM
Ray,

If you're wanting to learn how to recruit JV Partners, let me sugest "JV Success Secrets"... This ebook will walk you step- by- step through the
process.

You can pick up a free copy here:

http://www.etoolcentral.com/jvn/jvss.html

Mike Merz
08-31-2007, 08:28 AM
Quality of the list (is it clean? ... what is the ratio of 'freebie seekers' to truly interested participants?), relationship (this can make a list of 5,000 pull better than one of 100,000), how targeted the offers are to the basic need of the list, and how enticing the offer is beyond that are all variables to how successful a list can be.

I actually had a sub list of only a little over 200 that was targeted to those interested in the release of one high ticket product ... I made 22 sales when that product was released. I offered a $250 rebate as a draw for a $997 product, so I walked away with over $5000 in commissions from a list only 2 months old that I promoted to only a handful of times ... and it continues to grow on auto pilot for the follow up to that high ticket product. ;)

Guess what I'm trying to say is size doesn't really matter, unless you're going to hold yourself to one general list ... and even then, relationship and list maintenance (quality) out ranks size in comparison.

Best,

Mike

Jim Reilly
09-04-2007, 05:37 AM
Size of the list i dont think personally matters its the quality, i have a few lists, one of them came from the giveaways, if i offer a name your price i can make 1000 sales at $0.01 if i set up a product for $5 i might make a few sales and i get a host of emails telling me im way too expensive on the $5 product and that i shouldnt be charging so much lol, where as on my other list they know that if they need something i usually have it, and if i need something, e.g sales they usually offer as well.

Relationship building builds quality, having a list of 10 thousand from the giveaways might sound impressive but if they are not responsive does it matter how many there are.

James

mark198712901
09-06-2007, 02:13 AM
It really does depend on what your list is tailored to, Ive made over $5,000 from a list promotion and than the next week just $600 if the product doesn't fit your list than it really isnt going to work, I know guys with 100k lists who blast their list every day and make $1,500 + a day, so apparently blasting them everyday isnt a bad thing, I actually found now that I am emailing mine 3 or 4 times a week my list income has increased substantially to around 35% more than when I did 1 or 2 times a week. I keep it to just 2 different offers a week tops and I check my visitor stats to make sure each email has soaked up 90% at least of what the usual visitors are to each promotion, by doing this I can send another few thousand visitors a week to promotions it really is logical and works when you think about it. By doing jvs I was able to build my list over 20,000 new targeted subscribers within about 45 days or so just keep working at it and you can grow your list size, I am aiming for a 100k list by the end of 07.

dreamgiver
10-18-2007, 02:46 AM
Ray,

If you're wanting to learn how to recruit JV Partners, let me sugest "JV Success Secrets"... This ebook will walk you step- by- step through the
process.

You can pick up a free copy here:

http://www.etoolcentral.com/jvn/jvss.html

Nicole:

Your links do not work for some reason. Can you email me at givingreams@hotmail.com the link to the free ebook? I'm very interested in this.

Blessings and thanks again !

Cheers,

Chris

Chris Freville
11-17-2007, 06:44 AM
Hey Nicole and Chris,

I just tried the link to "JV Success Secrets" but its still giving page not found.

I would love to read this book. Can you help me?

THanks