PDA

View Full Version : JV Partner (big launch) or Super Affiliate (steady promotion)

Chris Gozdzik
05-29-2007, 11:18 AM
Is there a real difference between a jv partner and super affiliate? Is a big launch with a lot of hoopla
necessary for success or can it be done quietly, but with strength? Is it a difference in marketing
methods? (Mailing list as opposed to other methods, like PPC).

I understand the power of pre-sell, but is it really necessary to have 6-7 follow-up message sequence
ready to be consider a good candidate for a jv?

Sorry for so many questions, I'm just trying to clear my mind.

I'm trying to take my business to the next level and it requires a big change in the way
I think. (I see a headache coming :)

Reed Floren
05-29-2007, 01:35 PM
I tend to think of super affiliates as people who are placing in the various affiliate contests or winning prizes from affiliate contests.

From what I've seen most of those people if not all made their sales from mailing lists in this market.

Followups help but some people make a fair amount of sales with just one mailing.

Chris Gozdzik
05-29-2007, 05:27 PM
Thank you!

Is there a way to determine the size of jv partner's list? One way would be to ask ;D
I'm just not sure if the answer would be true. Or is there some sort of code of ethics?
I'd certainly hope so.
I don't need to know it to look for one with the biggest list as that means nothing if
it's not a good match for my product, but to determine convertion rate as compared,
e.g. to my home list (which should pull better).

I tend to think of super affiliates as people who are placing in the various affiliate contests or winning prizes from affiliate contests.

From what I've seen most of those people if not all made their sales from mailing lists in this market.

Followups help but some people make a fair amount of sales with just one mailing.

Reed Floren
05-29-2007, 05:40 PM
Just ask.

It isn't all about the size of the list though. Somebody could have a much smaller list but loyal fan club that buys anything.

I've heard marketers say they'd rather have 1,000 really dedicated people on their list then 10's of thousands of people who aren't all that interested.

You want to approach people who are a good match for your product since they will make more sales.

Mike Merz
05-30-2007, 11:20 AM
Guys like Reed and myself also have the luxury of affiliate system access ... we can see who's doing what, when ... and how often.

Over time ... you get an idea of how worthwhile having each individual as a partner is.

I think that the reason the big launch is popular is that you will no doubt through word of mouth reach a wider audience that can be swayed to purchase when there is a big build up ... conversion will probably be higher ... just because of the hoopla.

There is also the competition aspect that makes me lean toward the big launch ... you'd be surprised at how pride makes people work harder, when they know the ongoing sales contest results will be covered in the JV motivational mailings. ;)

You can always go the rolling launch route for those that weren't able to get behind the big launch ... and keep the momentum going with exclusive incentives that the list owner will appreciate.

Best,

Mike

Chris Gozdzik
05-30-2007, 04:21 PM
I feel that I'd need to do it slowly at first to get all the parts moving and see how it progresses...
I need to learn a lot before going for the big guns. I've seen those "crashed my server" launches and it sounds scary a bit...
Lots of good info here, I'm digging in slowly 8)

Is there a place for partners to ask for jv projects available? There are probably many lurkers getting ready for the first jv adventure and too shy to speak up.

I think that the reason the big launch is popular is that you will no doubt through word of mouth reach a wider audience that can be swayed to purchase when there is a big build up ... conversion will probably be higher ... just because of the hoopla.

Mike Merz
06-02-2007, 10:34 AM
Chris, I've set aside the JV Notify Pro Partner JV Offers And Profiles (http://www.jvnotifypro.com/community/index.php/board,5.0.html) for the purpose of listing your profile and current JV needs.

I'm also trying to get the JV Notify Pro Beta Brainstorming and Bargains (http://www.jvnotifypro.com/community/index.php/board,8.0.html) off the ground, which I thought partners would be banging down the door to utilize ... perhaps the community access issues have kept folks back, but ... hey, what have you got to lose? It gets mentioned in every premium mailing ... ?

Oh, well ... much success.

Mike

Christopher Schumacher
06-12-2007, 08:35 PM
Mike,

The new forum looks interesting, and it'll probably do well after we start getting people to come actively participate in the forums. I couldn't log in for awhile there, and then I got swamped with work, so didn't have time to check back.

I LIKE this site, and think this has the potential to level the playing field a bit for alot of the non-"gurus"...we just need to find a way to keep people coming to the site regularly and participating in conversations. I've never run a public forum, so I'm not sure what it takes to get people to get in here and discuss things. The best I can do is throw ideas at you until you find one you like :)

The more activity this forum has, the easier it will be for ALL members. The more active participants, the more people visiting...it all leads to more people to have a possibility of JV'ing with.

Anyhow, I'll try to get in here more often myself, as I've been just as guilty as anyone else :(

Sincerely,

Chris

Egidijus Andreika
06-14-2007, 02:31 AM
Chris,
I completey agree with you about making the forum more active... Let it be newbies. They are all people and I can bet that some of them will become real great online marketers and also JV partners. So, my advice (as told in another thread) would be to give a chance to newbies to participate. A lot of this forum discussions/questions requires huge knowledge base about whole JV industry, so a lot of new members who join just cannot participate, because they don't know what to do here. So since they cannot post their JV offers, they abandon this forum and in most cases never come back. So I suggest to make some kind of a more general section for discussions, this way more people could participate and the word would spread out about this forum much faster.

Egidijus

Christopher Schumacher
06-14-2007, 02:45 AM
I think one of the biggest problems is that this is a very specialized subject, and not one that many people will share their best information on (or, alternatively, one that only a few really have good information on). With such a narrow field of discussion, it's a bit difficult to get people really talking and asking questions.

In my case, I have limited experience regarding JV's...while I have had some small experiences, it's nothing to go crazy for. At the same time, I know that my limited experience is probably much more than the majority of people have had, so I feel like I can at least offer some help in the early going.

On the other hand, my knowledge in marketing overall is fairly high, and I've had plenty of success in a number of fields (affiliate marketing, my own products, network marketing).

I guess what I'm getting at is that, even though I don't have a great deal of knowledge in this specialized area of marketing, I can still bring other knowledge to the table to help people learn.

And anyone else can do the same, regardless of how new you might be. Your perspective and take on things is very much needed, even if you feel like you have nothing to offer. Just knowing your reaction to something can often help even the most experienced marketers learn something new. I regularly use my wife as a sounding board for ideas, sales copy...etc. She has no clue how to market anything, nor does she even have any idea of what she might be reading about...but she can tell me her emotional reactions, which is what I look for. I can watch her face to see when she doesn't care for something, or when she's confused by something...she knows nothing about marketing, but often tells me everything I need to know.

I hope more people get involved in the forum...I'd eventually like to get the voice chat really going as well because my fingers get tired after awhile!

Thanks for your participation Egidijus...I hope others follow suit!

Sincerely,

Chris

charleskirkland
06-20-2007, 05:12 PM
Chris

Back to your original questions about is big launch with a lot of hoopla
necessary for success.

That depends on what you define as success.

I have done big launches and smaller rolling launches in my niches and both of them have make money. But the real advantage to the big launch is you get instant traction into your market.

People now see you as the expert. Plus you can build your list faster.

The rolling launches do require a lot of work and you will get a steady stream of income from this.

But one of the big factors you need to look at is scarcity. Lets face it if I know next week this offer is going to be gone or the price is go up you are much more likely to act on it. The take away is very effective, its just human nature.

With the rolling launch you loose some of that. You can interview this person today and they can mail to there list and they can add in some bonus. But it’s just not as effective as the fear of loosing out on something.

A great example of this is CMSInfusion. I have a project coming up in a few months where I could use it. But since the price was going up big time by the time I need it I went ahead and got it now.

If they did a rolling launch with out the scarcity and price increase built in I would have waited to buy it until I need it.

Thanks
Charles Kirkland