PDA

View Full Version : What Marketing Automation System/Payment Processor Do You Use?

Mike Merz
02-25-2012, 10:52 AM
What Marketing Automation System/Payment Processor Do You Use To Run Your Online Business?

… or combination of the 2?

Both JVNotifyPro 2.0 + JVNewsWatch use ClickBank for paid options, which has worked out fine for us … how about you?

ClickBank? ClickSure? PayDotCom? JVZoo? E-Junkie? Click2Sell? 2CheckOut? InfusionSoft? 1ShoppingCart? PayPal? Google Checkout? Merchant Account? In House Software? Third Party Service?

I'd like this to be the beginning of a very informative thread ... but I need your input for that to happen. ;)

Any related tips you'd like to share in addition are appreciated, as well.

*** Please ... no direct links, just the names of the software and/or services, thank you. ;) ***

Cheers,

Mike Sr

Robert Smith Robert
02-25-2012, 12:44 PM
I use paypal the most by far along with clickbank. I just try and keep the balance in my paypal account to a minimum to avoid the problem of frozen accounts. I also have accounts with google checkout paydotcom and e-junkie although they are used very little..

Haris Tahic
02-25-2012, 12:49 PM
I use Paypal, Skrill (Moneybookers)..

For selling online, I use Click2Sell.

Mike Merz
02-25-2012, 12:54 PM
Thanks for breaking the ice, Robert + Haris. ;)

Cheers,

Mike Sr

anthony cruz
02-25-2012, 01:01 PM
I use clickbank

Haris Tahic
02-25-2012, 01:05 PM
Thanks for breaking the ice, Haris. ;)

Cheers,

Mike Sr

I'm that new guy here ;)

Anyone for JV?! lol

Haris.

seankaye
02-25-2012, 01:25 PM
I use Infusionsoft.

I really like the tagging functionality and the action sets. Having the ability to segment so quickly using tags is quite powerful.

It's not for everyone - it requires some patience to setup and a bit of technical skill doesn't go astray. I'm using Paypal with it through a third party add-in called SubscriptionBoss.

Mike Merz
02-25-2012, 02:21 PM
As a Broker that often uses the 2 Tier function, I prefer IS over 1SC ... without a doubt, assuming they are the big 2 of their kind for IMers in our circles.

Cheers,

Mike Sr

Millege Gunter
02-25-2012, 03:52 PM
I use PayPal, it makes it easier on everyone. I have been using them with and through Ebay for many years. Sometimes the money transfer is slow, but they have always come through for me. I have a couple of backups, but Paypal has been the most dependable for me.

Rick Wilson
02-25-2012, 09:47 PM
As I'm mainly an affiliate marketer, I don't have many of my own products. But for those I do have, I mainly use PayPal via the RAP (Rapid Action Profits) software at this time. Will be adding a merchant account later this year but still trying to figure out which shopping cart to go with if I decide to continue adding my own stuff.

Got lots of stuff to think about THIS year! heh heh

Shake, Rattle & ROLL!

http://www.cashjunction.com/forum-images/rickakacorp_blk2.gif :cool:

P.S. BTW ... How's it going Mr. Merz?

Mike Merz
02-26-2012, 10:11 AM
Hey, Rhode Island Rebel ... great to hear from you, Ol Buddy. ;)

"P.S. BTW ... How's it going Mr. Merz? "

Same old, Rebel ... just a few extra pounds and a little less hair. ;)

How are things up north? ;)

Cheers,

Mike Sr

Rick Wilson
02-26-2012, 12:22 PM
Hey, Rhode Island Rebel ... great to hear from you, Ol Buddy. ;)

"P.S. BTW ... How's it going Mr. Merz? "

Same old, Rebel ... just a few extra pounds and a little less hair.

How are things up north? ;)

Been enjoying the balmy weather up here recently. "WHAT winter?" is the line up here. At least in my neck of the woods. Haven't shoveled once (so far). I'm ready for some patios by the waterfronts to open up! LOL

But things have been going very well, thanks.

I hear ya about the "... just a few extra pounds and a little less hair" bit, tho. heh heh

Have Fun!

http://www.cashjunction.com/forum-images/rickakacorp_blk2.gif :cool:

Raam Anand
02-27-2012, 01:41 AM
Over the years, I have tried several payment systems and shopping cart solutions. Of all, I still use ClickBank and Paypal. For shopping cart, I used 1ShoppingCart for sometime but now moved to PremiumWebCart because 1SC doesn't handle Paypal recurring (surprise!!) wheres PWC does. I also use Authorize.net for payment gateware and Powerpay as the merchant account provider. Hope this helps other marketers.

Mike Merz
02-27-2012, 11:00 AM
Thanks for the feedback, Raam ... appreciated. ;)

Cheers,

Mike Sr

Plumridge Gary
02-28-2012, 07:38 PM
I am new to this marketing business. I have bought through Clickbank & Paypal but not sold anything yet.

What Marketing Automation System/Payment Processor Do You Use To Run Your Online Business?

… or combination of the 2?

Both JVNotifyPro 2.0 + JVNewsWatch use ClickBank for paid options, which has worked out fine for us … how about you?

ClickBank? ClickSure? PayDotCom? JVZoo? E-Junkie? Click2Sell? 2CheckOut? InfusionSoft? 1ShoppingCart? PayPal? Google Checkout? Merchant Account? In House Software? Third Party Service?

I'd like this to be the beginning of a very informative thread ... but I need your input for that to happen. ;)

Any related tips you'd like to share in addition are appreciated, as well.

*** Please ... no direct links, just the names of the software and/or services, thank you. ;) ***

Cheers,

Mike Sr

Mark Apsey
03-02-2012, 02:42 PM
Anyone that has done substantial volume in the IM world has a horror story working with Paypal and several other ewallet solutions. Frozen funds; slow paying; etc..... The best long term strategy is to have several of your own merchant accounts with different banks/processors. You get paid the next day; they are much more flexible to work with and they don't have a draconian approach to issues. Unfortunately, they are harder for most IM's to get because the bank/processor underwriting is stricter. The other advantage, if you can get multiple merchant accounts, is that they typically have multiple options in regards to software that is already integrated and provides significant value. We typically work with a virtual terminal software that provides some back end functionality: authorize.net; yourpay, etc...

The last advantage is that unlike with paypal and other ewallet solutions, it is much easier to make changes to a merchant account in regards to types of products, dba's and business names. We have had a number of our merchant accounts for several years and we have been able to sell several programs under them without getting a brand new account for each product. We have even helped out other IM's that we work with that need additional payment capacity because their ewallet has terminated them or is holding money.....We change the descriptor and the dba with the bank and let them know what we are doing and we are in business.

Hope the information helps.....

Mark

Mike Merz
03-02-2012, 05:54 PM
Thanks for your input, Mark ... much appreciated. ;)

Cheers,

Mike Sr

Greg McKenzie
03-19-2012, 01:10 PM
I use and have used Paypal, Paydotcom, 2checkout and Clickbank over the years!

Really like Clickbank because they pay my affiliates automatically!!

Greg

Greg McKenzie
03-19-2012, 01:16 PM
Anyone that has done substantial volume in the IM world has a horror story working with Paypal and several other ewallet solutions. Frozen funds; slow paying; etc..... The best long term strategy is to have several of your own merchant accounts with different banks/processors. You get paid the next day; they are much more flexible to work with and they don't have a draconian approach to issues. Unfortunately, they are harder for most IM's to get because the bank/processor underwriting is stricter. The other advantage, if you can get multiple merchant accounts, is that they typically have multiple options in regards to software that is already integrated and provides significant value. We typically work with a virtual terminal software that provides some back end functionality: authorize.net; yourpay, etc...

The last advantage is that unlike with paypal and other ewallet solutions, it is much easier to make changes to a merchant account in regards to types of products, dba's and business names. We have had a number of our merchant accounts for several years and we have been able to sell several programs under them without getting a brand new account for each product. We have even helped out other IM's that we work with that need additional payment capacity because their ewallet has terminated them or is holding money.....We change the descriptor and the dba with the bank and let them know what we are doing and we are in business.

Hope the information helps.....

Mark

Mark,

I can totally relate to this...

Two years ago I had a Paypal account frozen and they automatically cancelled the recurring subscription payments. The site was doing about £10,000 per month at the time!

It was heart breaking watching all the subscriptions being cancelled!!

Greg

Marius Anton
04-01-2012, 04:36 AM
Has anyone use Cardsave?

Cardsave is a payment provider working with some 50,000 UK transacting businesses.

They started a Partner Programme; where Cardsave give you referrals for web design and digital work etc. FREE OF CHARGE!

In return, Cardsave are looking for referrals of merchants whom wish to take payment. This is a non exclusive arrangement you can work with other payment providers - however Cardsave are looking to pay a sign up fee and a percentage of every transaction from the merchants whom you introduce (FOR THE LIFE TIME THE FACILITY TRADES)

A few key points about our Partner Programme:

• FREE to join us and we'll never, ever ask you for a penny
• No exclusivity agreement, leaving you free to work all the providers you wish
• The most competitive transactional rates within the industry to support e-commerce trade
• FREE advertising in our directory
• WE PAY YOU! (£50-£125 + a lifetime profit share, per referral!)

Rich Butterworth
04-09-2012, 05:29 PM
Hey Mike,

In my past roles I've used a bunch of different options - 1SC, Infusionsoft, our own in-house solution included. I also spent several months researching different platforms as part of my day job.

Short answer? It really depends on your needs (sorry if that's a cop-out.... I'll expand a little...).

Before I get onto some specifics, I feel compelled to share a particularly bad experience we had with one platform - Infusionsoft. This was a few years ago now, so perhaps they have radically changed their model (and software) but at the time we had no end of problems. And by 'problems' I mean business-threatening problems... for example, on one occasion (following an update to their platform) they automatically re-billed tens of thousands of dollars to our customers' cards without anyone's consent.

The platform was flakey, the reporting was dire, the support was lacking. I remember a well-know Australian marketer (who I'd warned about our own experiences) telling me "I know... you told me so..." on having had a similarly bad experience.

As I say, I appreciate things may have changed since then but I would strongly advise that anyone considering Infusionsoft look past the slick marketing and do plenty of search/research to find out what other marketers are saying right now.

Following our bad experience we developed our own platform, in-house. Great for flexibility, but expensive - and there was some lost sleep on occasion when the platform went down (our responsibility... a negative for any smaller operation).

Since striking out on my own last year, and as a smaller operation myself, I looked again at a bunch of platforms - 1SC, Nanacast and PWC included - I ended up choosing Ultracart, and I have to say I 100% recommend them.

The reason I went with them was a combination of things, including:

1. Feature-set - pretty much everything you want (or will want) to do is possible.
2. Digital-product friendly. 1SC makes it hard to sell software products, since you have to deliver the file via their platform, and there's a puny file-size limit. They ruled themselves out for me right then and there, and their pre-sales team were unable to figure out a solution - something I found disconcerting, as I know I'm not the first to query them about it.
3. Quality - on the surface, Nanacast sounds like it has a very comparable feature-set, but I found the interface clunky and uninspiring. In fact I found it so basic that I found myself questioning the platform, period. Note: I do know some marketers who rave about Nanacast, but my guess is that it's best suited to operations with a resident 'tech' rather than those of you who will be using it yourself.
4. Integration - not just payment platforms (I use a credit card merchant account and also Paypal) but also other extensions (I use AWeber and AMember for mailings/memberships with no problems at all... and there are plenty more options besides).
5. Customization - cart skins, urls, affiliate resources, secure URLs... everthing's easy to make your own.
6. Price - obvious, but UC is very affordable, and scalable.

What's more, despite being based in the UK, I have found the support to be knowledgable, prompt and efficient.

Sorry if these thoughts come across as some kind of promotion - I should note that I am in no way affiliated with UC at all - I guess I am just trying to share my experience in the hope that it might help fellow JVNP2 members avoid costly mistakes.

Happy to answer specific questions about the platforms mentioned if you message me.

Rich

Steve Yakim
04-14-2012, 09:54 AM
Hey Guys,

I use my own software solution that I have been working on for over 5 years now. It's called Action Plus Marketing. It uses PayPal's Adaptive API with parallel payments. My API works differently that all others because it pays all money to the Admin's PayPal account and then is automatically dispursed to any other receivers from there.

This way the customer only sees the admin as the receiver.

You can do rotating payments and regular payments also and use mass pay to pay affiliates if you do not want to use the instant pay feature the Adaptive API offers. This is controlled per product and can handle unlimited products and membership levels.

You can have partners in a project and it will also pay the partners instantly in their PayPal accounts. It does have a 2nd tier option that can be used for brokers, affiliate managers or any one membership level. (example affiliate level) It does this for subscription payments and payment plans also.

You can centralize your business with one affiliate program and control unlimited domains, or you can control unlimited websites on one domain keeping everything separated. If you install the program on multiple domains the included Affiliate Program Module can link the affiliate programs together if desired.

It can incorporate any third party autoresponder system into the script, which gives the admin many advantages.

1. It allows the admin to build a buyers list in any autoresponder without violating PayPal's terms of service. This means the buyer does not have to fill out an optin form to be added to your autoresponder.

2. You can allow your partners in a project to build the same lists that you build in the project.

3. If you want, you can allow affiliates to build their list in their autoresponder when they send traffic to your squeeze page. The pdf that is given away from the pdf will automaticall be branded with the affiliate's links who sent the prospect to the squeeze page. This works so well that I created a site called ReadySqueeze.com that is a collection of almost 100 squeeze pages in almost 30 niches and the members can connect their autoresponder to each squeeze page they want to use and input the redirect url, which is the product they want to redirect to, and they are list building in less than 5 minutes.

The Squeeze Module along with the PDF Module can be used to create a great viral report tool for your affiliates to use because all the work is done for the affiliate. The System adds the visitor's info to affiliate's autoresponder(and your autoresponder), while the pdf is already branded with the affiliate's links automatically when the system delivers the pdf to the new subscriber.

This makes it much easier to get affiliates to promote your viral reports.

4. All the autoresponder form codes are stored in the Squeeze Module and are not actually on the squeeze pages. So if you need to make some kind of autoresponder change you don't have to go looking for the forms on your sites to make changes. That is why one squeeze page or form on a blog or even on someone elses website can have unlimited autoresponders connected to it and deliver the visitors information to the correct autoresponder.

The Action Plus Marketing script is so flexible that Gina Gaudio Graves and I will be launching a new bank similar to ClickBank, PayDotCom and JVZoo using PayPal's Adaptive API with chained payments. Vendors will be able to easily to upsells and downsells that are built into the system. It uses a more straight forward purchasing and delivery system so the buyer will probably not even know PayGoBank was involved in the purchase.

It will also be able to process ClickBank, PayDotCom and JVZoo products with one order link. So if you already use any of these other processing companies you can replace the order link with a PayGoBank order link and it will still process orders through these other companies. This way if you already have advertising and affiliate promoting through these companies, you will not lose any sales.

This may be open to the public in late May or early June. This is our goal.

We are still testing the Vendor Module for the script. The Action Plus Marketing System is written in a modular format so it is very easy to continue to add new modules.

There are at least a dozen module that are included that I haven't even mentioned here. So I hope you will be on the look out for PayGoBank and the Action Plus Marketing System in the near future.

Best regards,
Steve Yakim

P.S. I am accepting some case studies that I will give the software to for feed back and testimonials. If you have a working business and would like to try this new technology out, you should be able to get a hold of me through this forum.

Andre Stoelinga
04-17-2012, 04:16 AM
I'm using mainly paypal. I'm not very fond of CB to be honest. I don't like the RAP principle...1st sale for me, 2nd sale for affiliate. I know affiliates like being paid instanf=t commission, but there are other options that DO split the payment.
Lately I've been using JVZoo and Digiresults...easy to use and instant commission payout option, although with JVZoo they recommend to delay affiliate payouts. I've also used PDC, but it's almost like managing your own affiliate program.

I've used Post Affiliate Pro, but I'll be "moving" my products to a 3rd party...just have't figured out which one would be the best option.

Andre

Hans Vosloo
06-06-2012, 03:56 PM
I mainly use PayPal for international product sales, Clickbank for affiliate programs and AlertPay to pay freelancers or for own commission earnings; however I have one major obstacle and will appreciate some advice. Many payment processors do not accept my local currency (ZAR) or require a US bank account. I have several niche markets where I must deal in ZAR (eg. Classifieds), but PayPal does not accept ZAR and although AlertPay does, they require registration before accepting or allowing payments. This cause sales conversions to drop because potential clients don't want to go through another membership registration with email verification, FICA, etc and drop the transaction right there. So my only solution is to accept bank transfers, but that implies that I cannot automate my sales process. If someone knows a payment processor that accepts ZAR and other less popular currency payments via Credit Card (without FICA and membership requirements), it will be greatly appreciated.

Why other currencies? Because it is the only obstacle when you want to facilitate transactions in other countries using their local currency, ahile still being able to automate the payment process. People accept it when they have to pay in another currency when buying from a foreign supplier, but want prices in a local currency when trading locally.

John Bair
08-07-2012, 07:33 PM
I use to use 1shoppingcart but they always have some sort of technical issue and their upgrades often times mess up your configurations and you have to go in and reprogram everything! I personally think iDev, Clickbank, Clicksure, and JV Zoo are about the best right now.. unless you have your own merchant account then that opens up many more options available out there ;)

Tom Denton
09-07-2012, 01:37 AM
I use DigiResults, it has some features that I happen to like.

Haroon Ballim
10-15-2012, 11:53 AM
Paypal is about the best to use , especially with its universal acceptance .

Azlan Rahman
10-29-2012, 08:16 AM
I use Paypal and Clickbank. Both are reliable and cheap.

Amin lelieveld
11-06-2012, 04:44 PM
Hi Guy's,

has anyone used Productpay or heard about it. It seems a good one but would like to get some ideas about it.

Thanks guy's,
Amin

Deon Lundy
01-11-2013, 12:20 AM
hey Guys ..... what is the process i should go through for my new product launch??

Mike Merz
01-11-2013, 10:28 AM
hey Guys ..... what is the process i should go through for my new product launch??

In what respect, Deon?

Seeing as you're responding to this thread, I'm assuming you need help choosing a marketing system/payment processor? ... or no?

Please be more specific. ;)

Cheers,

Mike Sr

ooliver186 ooliver186
01-24-2013, 03:39 AM
I prefer alartpay because all international people can use it.

Jay Garces Jr
02-08-2013, 09:55 PM
Currently the W+ system with Paypal. But I also use a 3rd party script (wso pro guardian) that integrates into both for product delivery/tracking/security.

Deon Lundy
03-07-2013, 05:18 PM
Harris,

What type of service can you offer??

Web Design? JV-broker? PPC Marketer??

... chances are, if you are new to the site the only service you can offer is "Sponsor" lol

I'm sure you could join a JV if you promote yourself as the financial sponsor

Asif Aziz
01-16-2014, 06:06 PM
I dont have any great allegiance. I use a variety for different products like; Clickbank, JVZoo, Paypal.

Az

Naidy Phoon
03-31-2014, 06:31 AM
I use Warriorplus and JVZOO. JVZOO has tons of new features that really makes it easy to perform transactions and to set up funnels. As for Warriorplus, I covet the "WSO Of The Day" title that still eludes me :(

Cindy Avery
07-22-2014, 11:25 AM
I use 1SC for reporting and tracking ... we're paying commissions out by check right now (US) and PayPal for international partners. PayPal works great for international relationships as, depending on the country, it can cost your partner $ just for cashing/depositing US checks.

Giuseppe Falzone
09-16-2014, 12:46 PM
As far as where I live (Italy) is not possible to use an authorize.net account with JVZOO, I am currently trying to run my first business ever with Clickbank as it looks like the one to go since it also gives prospects the chance to pay by PayPal if you want to even though you don't have a PayPal account.

Yogesh Agarwal
12-16-2014, 09:45 AM
JVZoo and Paypal are the way to go.

Mikel.Perez.01
02-07-2015, 11:42 AM
I use JVZoo linked to PayPal, Digital Access Pass and GetResponse.

We're having serious problems with GetResponse lately (both in terms of deliverability, and of contacts not being added to the lists, even direct buyers from JVZoo), so we're testing ActiveCampaign as a possible replacement, as DAP nicely integrates with it.

With these components, JVZoo + DAP as the affiliate / payment processors, DAP as the membership script and ActiveCampaign as the e-mail marketing system, we have all our needs covered.

BTW, ActiveCampaign has a nice "tagging" feature, akin to that of Infusionsoft etc.

DIEGO HERRERA
03-20-2015, 07:32 PM
As I am being coached by someone I am using his suggestions and in this case I will use JVzoo with paypal.

My launch is the on March 25th

I'll let you know how that works.

jeng cua
03-09-2017, 07:06 PM
Hi Mike!

I use ClickBank and Paypal. I just test ClickBank and place my product there and so far they processed the payment effectively.

radislav fedotov
08-20-2018, 02:55 PM
Only solution is to accept bank transfers, but that implies that I cannot automate my sales process. If someone knows a payment processor that accepts ZAR and other less popular currency payments via Credit Card