PDA

View Full Version : In Search of Advice...

Vanessa Blais
04-28-2007, 09:38 AM
Greetings and Salutations from sunny Florida. Today is Saturday April 28,2007 and it's 9:13 am.
I joined this forum yesterday in an effort to find JV partners to help me get going with marketing my businesses.
I think I have devised a great JV offer, but I would like some feedback from others on it.
Can you help me?

If you have read my "take two minutes to introduce yourself" post, you already know that I am an launching several businesses wrapped up into one. If you haven't read it, here's a quick (for me anyway) recap...

I have an Internet Video Share site that I created to deliver original content Internet Television Programming.
I have several information products on the topics of creating Internet Video Television and profiting from it.
And I have a resource site that is FREE to users to offer them all kinds of information and help with creating their Internet Television Programs. This site features a forum for networking, a chat room, lots of articles, and of course, links to great products that can help them with their goals.

I am offering all JV partners the following:

60% commission on my information products that they promote to their list
Reciprocal promotion of thier products to my list (small, but I'm hoping to find JV partners that can help me grow it quickly)
Links to thier products on all my sites
News-Style Video Promotion of their products on our video site's Business Channel
AND.... interviews with them for my future information products that will include back-links to their sites and products.

Can anyone tell me if this is a good JV offer? Should I be offering anything else, or more?

I am ready to start sending out JV proposals on Monday, but I would love some feedback before I do.

Unfortunately, I'm still stuck in the real estate game for a while longer, so I have to run out to a meeting right now, but I'll be back later and diligently checking the forum for any help or suggestion.

Thanks,
Vanessa Blais
www.tvnetresource.com
www.filmsmash.com
www.tvnetprofits.com

Mike Merz
05-03-2007, 09:05 AM
Vanessa,

Though it seems that you have the right idea, the one thing that worries me is this ...

"I joined this forum yesterday in an effort to find JV partners to help me get going with marketing my businesses."

The quote above ... to me, puts the cart before the horse ... and by more or less announcing your JV offer, already, in this post ... just a day after joining, further solidifies my assumption.

Vanessa ... solid joint ventures start with and continue to be fueled by relationships ... and relationships take time (certainly more than one day).

The higher your level of celebrity ... the less you have to prove yourself ... 'qualify' yourself, and your wares ... that's just the way it is ... you have to start from square one.

We have a JV announcement category where all partners are welcome to post their joint ventures ... the general discussion category is where we get to know each other ... ask questions ... offer advice, etc.

I realize you are asking a question ... but it's a common one that has been answered many times ... search the archives and learn from them, and ... in the meantime, get involved in the community ... and start building those relationships.

Best,

Mike

Egidijus Andreika
05-05-2007, 05:22 AM
Hi, Vanessa,

Welcome to the forum. The worst thing here is that everyone comes and asks for JVs and once they get it - they are gone... This community is not only to make a deal and leave. We are intended to make relationships/partnerships/contacts here, help each other. You need to understand that you need to make something good for the community and only then ask for a help.

Anyway, I have reviewed your website http://www.filmsmash.com and found that there are some page errors, the table is distracted. If you are going to promote this website, you should definately fix these bugs before showing it to potential JV partners.

Have a nice day,
Egidijus