PDA

View Full Version : Big one-shot payout or monthly subscription payout?

Harun Bahri
04-25-2007, 08:38 PM
Do you like to promote monthly subscription programs? OR do you prefer one-shot big payout programs?

And WHY?

Reed Floren
04-25-2007, 10:55 PM
I like them both but if something is a membership site I'd prefer to be paid a high monthly recurring fee for the member.

Egidijus Andreika
04-27-2007, 06:02 AM
Hi,
Exactly - if the membership service ir really good, then I think each JV partner or affiliate would like to get a recurring comission. But really, there aren't so much of recurring comission affiliate programs. If I could choose between recurring comissions or one big shot payment, I would take the first one.

Have a nice day,
Egidijus

charleskirkland
06-21-2007, 11:45 AM
It depends on what the product is and what the pay outs are. I'm working on one right now with a $77 upfront cost that will go to 27.77 per month on the back end. The JV's would get 60% of that.

As much as I would like to keep all the back end profits to myself I belive its only fair that the JV's get paid for the backend sicne they sent the person to me to start with. But just for a avg affiliate they would only get the upfront fee and not back end.

This way the JV's have more to gain from there end.

Thanks
Charles Kirkland

Mark Daoust
06-27-2007, 12:21 PM
I really like the idea of memberships - the only problem with them is that there are too few places that actually pay out a real recurring monthly fee.

About a year and a half ago I promoted one membership site and am still earning commissions from it today. To me, the stability is far more valuable than anything else.

charleskirkland
06-28-2007, 10:20 PM
Mark

I understand where you are coming from. I have pushed a very popular site that use to give the aff. a nice monthly check. Now they have gone to just a % of the first month. I belive this will come back and bite them in the end.

Thanks
Charles Kirkland

rayrip
06-29-2007, 04:34 PM
Being in the software business... I personally like big shots once in a while... many software companies build their recurring income on support... I think this is a bad idea, especially when you have a simple product (and it works well).

I sell software that is small, but an upsell to bigger programs when people are ready for them... this gives an ongoing income... without depending on support money.

I'm not sure how a membership site would work for a software program. I usually put up a discussion board so folks can talk amongst themselves.. and I can find out whats going on with the software.

However, if you have a good program... you will generally never hear from people once they get going... that is a good thing... it's not as easy as supporting an Ebook.... but your customers are more likely to stay in contact with you and stay on your list.

So, after all that... I would prefer some big shots.. but have a continual new clientel.