PDA

View Full Version : Why do some launches blast off and others fizzle?

Harun Bahri
04-25-2007, 08:36 PM
As a potential JV partner, what do you like and want to see when someone approaches you about a launch?

What is it about certain products... people... launches... that really gets you excited?

Reed Floren
04-25-2007, 10:54 PM
High quality product
Great sales copy
Good conversion rates/high commissions
Prizes
Reciprical mailings

charleskirkland
06-21-2007, 12:08 PM
Since I have only done launches in small niches which can be very profitable I can only tell you my past experience what has made the difference

The sales copy has to ROCK. It can’t be just good it has to have you thinking this is the only product in the world right now that is going to solve my problems NOW.

The sales letter has to have a hook to get you wrapped up, so you will read it like a 14year old with a playboy magazine.

It has to have Social Proof.
It has to have compelling offer.
An ironclad guarantee.
It has to have built in scarcity
IT has to have great takeaway.
A P.S. that kicks tail

The product has to be good or good enough, no product is going to be perfect.

It has to have all the work done for me. I want every email written for me so all I have to do is change it and send it out.

It has to be with Clickbank or someone who has a great name in my field. Last year I lost over $10,000 plus to one guy who did not pay at all. No trip to Disney for the family after that one.

Thanks
Charles Kirkland

Mike Merz
06-22-2007, 11:34 AM
Though Reed and Charles have not left me too much to add ... off the top of my head, I'm surprised at how many folks don't run beta campaigns via PPC, own list, borrowed list, WSO, etc. ... to hone and precise ... why would you leave things totally to chance?

You can attract and pull social proof and numbers from such campaigns ... and have a pretty good idea of whether it's going to work or not.

Best,

Mike

Reed Floren
06-22-2007, 11:38 AM
I've had a few clients do PPC or to a small list but not that many do it.

Do you highly recommend the WSO test?

Mike Merz
06-22-2007, 12:07 PM
Low tickets for the WSO, IMHO, because it's available ... and should yield enough results to be beneficial in a number of areas.

I'd rather use the PPC/alternate list method, as you can run it, track it, and make specific changes as you like ... for as long as you like.

But ... for the newbie to intermediate marketer putting out a ClickBank product ... or something comparable, a WSO is better than nothing ... without a doubt.

Best,

Mike

charleskirkland
06-22-2007, 04:30 PM
Mike

What do you consider as a low-ticket item?

How much dose price and payout play in getting your JV’s to want to promote something. Are there price points that work as a general rule of thumb to get JV's on board?

On July 16 I'm going to start the PPC phase to test my newest project. I’m going to roll out 6 hours of streaming Camtasia videos to see what kind of numbers I can get as a base line s/c.

In my original surveys I was getting the people telling me the $77 price point is where I would get the most sales for this product.

But since CB has gotten a reoccurring back end I had to rework some of the videos and I’m going to offer them in the monthly updates.

I’m still trying to work out the pricing on the monthly updates. I never did a surveyed on the recurring payments since I didn’t plan on doing it. But I see this as a huge back end to the first purchase.

One thing that I’m going to be very excited about is the sales page, it will have a frameless video of me walking to the headlines and giving you a quick review of what is going on. Frameless video rocks if it’s pulled off the right way.

After the check out I’m going to have another video on the thank you page with the up sell of the monthly subscription.

Any way it’s almost done so I’m excited.

But back to the first question what do you consider a low-ticket item to be?

Thanks
Charles Kirkland

Mark Daoust
06-26-2007, 09:27 AM
It all starts with quality.

Period.

Give me something that's going to make me look good. Don't make me look like a schmuck to my subscribers by repackaging information that they could have gotten elsewhere. It should be an original product with some new information that is actually worth the money they are going to pay.

Now if I see more than one product that meets this criteria, then I'll look at things like sales copy and conversion rates. But you can have a 75% conversion rate - if the quality of the product is poor, then I'll probably pass.

Davin Ogden
08-02-2007, 03:05 PM
Hi Mark, fancy meeting you here. I've just recently been stopping by this forum. Hope your doing great!

Davin

jim peake
09-03-2007, 08:22 PM
We are going to try something a little different by optimizing "the product first" then the landing page then the ppc ad and then the traffic.

We are coming out with an e-book that will have a theme of success and will publish it on MySuccessGateway.com.

glasshalffull
09-03-2007, 11:41 PM
Hey Mike,

Can you get any beta good results from a PPC campaign on a high priced physical product ($400 and up)?

I'm thinking it's probably not the best idea. What would you do to beta test a high priced item before a product launch if you have no list?

thanks