PDA

View Full Version : To show the launch or not?

Harun Bahri
04-25-2007, 08:32 PM
I was wondering if someone would be so kind as to share their thoughts as to whether or not they share their launch plans with their JV partners ahead of time or not.

Any advice in this area would be greatly appreciated.

Also, if you shared the launch plan, did you share all of it, or just parts? What worked/is working for you?

If you don't, why not?

For my upcoming launch I was thinking of sharing certain parts of the launch with my partners.
Things like what's coming next as far as emails to the opt-in list.

And I was also thinking that I would give them the pre-written email a day ahead of when I was going to send it to the general list. That way they could "q" it up in their system and get it out before me.

Am I crazy in thinking of doing this? Or is this an "industry standard" practice so to speak?

Mike Merz
04-26-2007, 07:59 AM
Harun,

I like to give JV partners a general blueprint of the promotion process from the get go, with each actual installment of the process made available to them in advance of the prospect mailing, as you mentioned.

Take into consideration that you are trying to win the participation of your partners, so you have to respect their time, workload, and mailing schedule by notifying early ... and keeping everything at hand's reach, throughout the promotional period.

Best,

Mike

Harun Bahri
04-28-2007, 02:02 AM
Hey Mike, thanks.

I've been studying Filsaime's Product Launch Process (Terrific manual!) and I was wondering how many emails his JV partners sent out for the launch.

Right now I've planned a 34 day launch plan and then 7 day's for the actual sign up.

In total, it amounts to about 17 different emails in total. Is it realistic of me to expect any JV partners to send that many emails out in a month's period?

Assuming of course that they are totally onboard the promotion.