PDA

View Full Version : Image & PDF Editing Tools

Jason Zimmerman
11-17-2011, 10:29 AM
Hey Everybody, There are a couple web based applications that I use from time to time and have been recommending to my customers so I thought I'd share them here for people who don't want to spend the big bucks on programs like Photoshop or Acrobat.

Image Editing: pixlr.com/
Pixlr allows you to do some really nice photo editing for free online. It even opens Photoshop PSD files which is a huge plus.

PDF Editing: pdfescape.com/
PDF Escape allows you some basic PDF editing options to change text and add images and fields.

Hope you all can get some use out of these.

Jason.

StephenClark
12-20-2011, 03:29 AM
Hey thanks for the share. Both look very handy indeed.

Jim Coe
05-10-2012, 11:29 PM
Another free bit-mapped image editor (similar to 'Adobe Photoshop') is 'GIMP (http://www.gimp.org/)'. Then there is the $100 'Adobe Photoshop Elements', which does most of what the full program does (everything most people ever need).

Also, some people don't know that Adobe allows a free, full power download and 30 day trial of all their products. Someone who already knows 'Adobe Photoshop' could probably earn enough with it in a month to pay for it.

I can do most all the PDF work I need in MS-Word 2010. Word's PDF convertor is quite good. If you really need 'Adobe Acrobat' from time to time, Adobe now has a subscription service for using it inexpensively "in the cloud".

Cheers!
_jim coe (my first post here, other than the intro one)

Ricky
09-04-2012, 06:37 PM
If you're on a Mac and don't need the power (or price tag) of Adobe Photoshop you can take a look at Pixelmator and Sea Monkey.

I've been using Pixelmator for a while now and it seems to handle my basic needs quite well.

I recently used it to create a sales page for an upcoming WSO and I was especially pleased to discover the magic eraser tool which allows you to remove the background of stock images so they blend seamlessly into any website - can you tell I'm a graphic newbie? :)

For Windows users I've been hearing a lot of good things about Paint.net and Joy Boyer just released a whole training package called "Paint Made Easy" showing you in depth how to get the most out of it

jonny josheph
03-18-2015, 09:01 AM
These are good editing tools, thanx for sharing this information.

Steven Lucas
06-03-2015, 07:06 AM
It can be awkward and heavy handed, but you can also edit PDF files directly by using Libre Office, which is free.

You can only do one line at a time, but it may come in handy in an emergency.

In between times, it's quite a decent office suite in its own right.

Regards,

Steven Lucas

Mark Bagh
02-08-2017, 07:27 AM
More Free Image editing tools

irfanview.com
photoedit995.com
gimp.org
freeserifsoftware.com

Stephanie Reinhardt
06-27-2017, 01:59 AM
Thanks to sharing useful link. I normally use sejda.com/pdf-editor link so far.