PDA

View Full Version : The 4 Ways You Can Use To Contact Joint Venture Partners

Reed Floren
04-13-2007, 12:06 PM
The 4 Ways You Can Use To Contact Joint Venture Partners
By Reed Floren

Quality joint venture partners are hit up all the time.
Here are four ways I have used to contact potential joint
venture partners to promote products. You can use these
same methods to contact them.

Keep in mind this is always a numbers game and you will
receive a lot of rejection. They aren’t necessarily
rejecting you or your product they could be over committed
or simply don’t promote others.

Here’s a tip for getting more joint venture partners. When
you get a new joint venture partner ask them for referrals
and then contact those people and say “(Name), thought
you’d want in on this…” People seem to like this approach
and it has worked very well for me.

1. Email

This is one of the easiest and least time consuming ways of
contacting JV partners, however many of them receive offers
via email and most will not respond

2. Call

A lot of successful JV’s are lined up via a phone call. I
was asked to write this section based off of a phone
conversation.

3. Instant Message

If you already have a relationship an instant messenger
conversation is an easy way to discuss your joint venture.

4. Snail Mail

Simply mail them a postcard, a letter or a copy of your
product and promotional materials. This can add up very
quickly but if you are promoting a big-ticket item this is
the way most successful marketers go about acquiring JV’s.

You have all the information now just go out and start
contacting your potential joint venture partners.

Reed Floren is a professional joint venture broker and super
affiliate; he has helped dozens of marketers achieve online
success. Grab his free report “Why You Must Have JV
Partners to Maximize Your Product Launch!” this report was
featured in Ken McArthur’s Info Product BluePrint a $1,500
product. Then go to his website http://www.jvbroker.info/
for your complimentary joint venture consultation a $197
value

Mike Merz
04-13-2007, 12:57 PM
Another nice one, Reed. ;)

I'd like to also recommend ...

1) Email - use a basic template for the promo part of the template ... but make the subject, header, and ... if necessary, footer, personal. Think of how much each partner is potentially worth to you and your campaign ... and making it personal will come, naturally. ;)

2) & 3) Call - includes Skype and Gizmo, for me ... allows you to go back and forth to IM, as well.

4) Snail Mail - Send a postcard via a service like SendOutCards.com ... gives a unique, and professional looking, touch to your JV invites.

Best,

Mike

Reed Floren
04-13-2007, 01:12 PM
SendOutCards is a great idea.

What other articles would you like to see me write?

Christopher Schumacher
04-13-2007, 05:06 PM
All of those sound great, but I would assume some of that information would be hard to come across...even email addresses that actually reach the person can be difficult (as many people use a help desk with outsourced help).

What about doing a video of some sort, and sending that to them? It would allow a much more personal contact than an email (as at least your potential partner can see who you are), and is something that few, if any, have attempted to use. While it would be a little more difficult to do large numbers of partners via video (as personalizing each video would take some time), you could set up introductions specific to the person.

Here's an example of what I mean:

Let's say I wanted to contact Mike Filsaime and John Reese.

The first two minutes or so of the video to Mike would be specific to him, addressing him personally, and talking about things like Butterfly Marketing and the more recent tell a friend script. Following that, the video would be the same to both prospective partners, discussing your offer, what you bring to the table..etc. The last minute or so would be specific to each person.

For John, you would switch out the first two minutes of the video, with something specific to Traffic Secrets and the upcoming income.com.

You would only have to do new intros and outros, but the middle could remain the same, as the offer would probably be the same across all JV partners.

Anyhow, just a thought.

Sincerely,

Chris

Reed Floren
04-13-2007, 06:02 PM
That would be a unique approach.

I have thought of doing something sort of similar but instead of making a unique video for every person named Mike I'd create one Mike video that just mentions their name a lot. :)

Richard Trice
05-27-2007, 08:57 AM
Hello Reed

As always, excellent article and extremely informative. I love reading your stuff. I agree with Chris though. It is extremely difficult to get a legitimate or should I say an email address that actually reaches potential JV partners, let alone a phone number for a phone call. How do you obtain this critical data.

Also, another great way to contact potential JV partners is via conferences. This achieves the personal aspect and allows you to possibly get that more critical information for more effective follow-up at a later date.

Keith Londrie
05-28-2007, 08:53 PM
Reed,

Great article. I came here to learn and the process is beginning.

Thanks for the information and start of what I expect to be a valuable education (or is it a re-education)!

Mike, Love your input too. Thanks...

Keith

Dan Farrell
10-17-2007, 04:57 PM
One question often asked is how to find email or phone #'s for potential jv's?

I'm no expert but what I've had success with is the following:

1. Subscribe to their ezines or member only sites
2. Use automated software. I use SEO Elite to find websites and go from there. I also have used it to submit email proposals.
3. Network at seminars, meetings, conventions etc. Print up biz cards if you don't have them with your jv offer and hand them out to any and everyone. But of course, personal relationships work best.

When you find a jv prospect, offer them something of value first, a unique article, problem or error with website, link exchange etc. Then hit them up for a jv as they now know you and have some rapport.

Be creative and think outside the box!

Dan Farrell is the author of 10 Essential Steps To Online Wealth and other internet marketing products.

His latest product launch is a Lumbar Support Belt, Medicare and FDA Approved.
Earn $35 per sale as a special affiliate, go to:
https://paydotcom.com/a.page.php?id=23905&u=articlesandmore

J.D. Mosley-Matchett
06-26-2008, 11:14 PM
Okay, it's been a while since the last post. But I really like what Dan and Richard had to say. Good stuff, guys!

John_Denton
08-24-2008, 03:19 PM
I've been finding 'Skype' to be a good communication tool lately as you can actually speak to your potential offshore JV partners right over the computer in person as you would on a telephone, but free.