By Reed Floren

Forming successful joint ventures is not always an easy
task and you may want to hire a joint venture broker
instead.

There are many joint venture brokers you will want to look
for one with

1. A good reputation

2. Contacts in your niche

3. Experience with your type of product.

If your broker doesn’t have all three of those then I
wouldn’t be that interested in working with them and you
shouldn’t either.

When hiring a joint venture broker stay away from people
who charge you on an hourly basis or charge you on a per JV
partner basis. You are looking to pay someone a commission
on the sales the partners they bring in. You may end up
paying more this way but its well worth it.

Are you wondering how it works?

Let’s say you are selling a $100 product and you offer a
50% commission to your partners. Your joint venture broker
might charge an additional 25% on those sales. You’ll be
paying out $75 to affiliates ($50 goes to the affiliate and
$25 goes to the joint venture broker on each sale) and
keeping $25 for yourself, you will also be building a list
of clients that you would not have had otherwise, you will
have new contacts in your market, possibly testimonials,
credibility and now you have the time to work on making
follow-up products and more promotional materials to
maximize your revenue.

If you’ve decided that you want to hire a joint venture
broker contact me and I’ll let you know if I’m a good fit
or if I know someone who could help.

My contact information is as follows: 507-304-3399 (my
cell) reedfloren@gmail.com (my main email)

Reed Floren is a professional joint venture broker and super
affiliate; he has helped dozens of marketers achieve online
success. Grab his free report “Why You Must Have JV
Partners to Maximize Your Product Launch!” this report was
featured in Ken McArthur’s Info Product BluePrint a $1,500
product. Then go to his website http://www.jvbroker.info/
for your complimentary joint venture consultation a $197
value

Christopher Schumacher
04-11-2007, 07:30 PM
This is a great insight, but hopefully I can pull some more information out of you for the benefit of the community.

1) What do you, personally, look for when deciding whether or not to accept a client for brokering?

2) Do you mainly do internet marketing type products?

3) When brokering, do you have a tendency to choose products in a certain price range? Obviously, things like the recently popular $7 promotions wouldn't be very interesting (unless it had a great backend offer, I suppose), but do you prefer a certain price point?

4) Is there a particular time frame you like to have (as I know Mike has mentioned anywhere from 2 weeks to a month before launch)? Do you consider products that may have done a soft launch beforehand (i.e. mailing out to a small group of previous customers to get conversion rates and whatnot)?

That should be a good start ;)

Anyhow, hopefully this will spark more comments and questions, and we can get a good topic going (in fact, I may have wanted to start this in another thread, now that I think about it....but since it directly relates to your article and offer, I figured it would be appropriate).

Take care Reed!

Sincerely,

Chris

Reed Floren
04-12-2007, 01:37 PM
This is a great insight, but hopefully I can pull some more information out of you for the benefit of the community.

1) What do you, personally, look for when deciding whether or not to accept a client for brokering?

2) Do you mainly do internet marketing type products?

3) When brokering, do you have a tendency to choose products in a certain price range? Obviously, things like the recently popular $7 promotions wouldn't be very interesting (unless it had a great backend offer, I suppose), but do you prefer a certain price point?

4) Is there a particular time frame you like to have (as I know Mike has mentioned anywhere from 2 weeks to a month before launch)? Do you consider products that may have done a soft launch beforehand (i.e. mailing out to a small group of previous customers to get conversion rates and whatnot)?

Sincerely,

Chris

"1) What do you, personally, look for when deciding whether or not to accept a client for brokering?"

A high quality product, something my JV partners would be interested in, a great sales letter

"2) Do you mainly do internet marketing type products?"

Yes, since most of my contacts are in that niche.

"3) When brokering, do you have a tendency to choose products in a certain price range? Obviously, things like the recently popular $7 promotions wouldn't be very interesting (unless it had a great backend offer, I suppose), but do you prefer a certain price point?"

Not really, I've promoted free/cheap items and big ticket courses

"4) Is there a particular time frame you like to have (as I know Mike has mentioned anywhere from 2 weeks to a month before launch)? Do you consider products that may have done a soft launch beforehand (i.e. mailing out to a small group of previous customers to get conversion rates and whatnot)?"

I've done with a few weeks to a month lead time and the night before a launch.

Mike Merz
04-13-2007, 12:46 PM
I'd have to say that unless you've got a certain level of celebrity, high tickets have not fared as well as mid and low tickets the last 6 months or so.

That's why I've recommended to my clients that they either expect to take 5 weeks or more ... spend a lot of time courting JV partners that can sell a high ticket, and have a detailed buzz building plan ... or put out a super content rich, heavy on the value, free or low cost front end and work prospects/customers through the funnel.

Just my opinion ... of course. ;)

Best,

Mike

Reed Floren
04-13-2007, 12:47 PM
I'd have to say that unless you've got a certain level of celebrity, high tickets have not fared as well as mid and low tickets the last 6 months or so.

That's why I've recommended to my clients that they either expect to take 5 weeks or more ... spend a lot of time courting JV partners that can sell a high ticket, and have a detailed buzz building plan ... or put out a super content rich, heavy on the value, free or low cost front end and work prospects/customers through the funnel.

Just my opinion ... of course. ;)

Best,

Mike

Great feedback, I would tend to agree. Even the big boys seem to have trouble sometimes with the big ticket courses.

Christopher Schumacher
04-13-2007, 04:47 PM
"I guess that just shows that even though we see the large amounts of emails and/or partners, it doesn't always equal success."

It's not a guarantee but it does improve the odds.

Mike Merz
04-13-2007, 07:36 PM
It's not the partners ... it's the partners that follow through.

A list of 50,000 doesn't mean squat if they don't hit the submit button ... it's up to you to make sure you're doing all you can on your side to make that happen.

Best,

Mike

Christopher Schumacher
04-13-2007, 10:00 PM
"I guess that just shows that even though we see the large amounts of emails and/or partners, it doesn't always equal success."

I kinda assumed that was a given. Obviously not having the mass emails means a much more difficult path to reach the goal. The entire reason everyone is here is because we all know that in many cases, JV's will not only increase our chances of success, but also decrease the time needed to achieve it. My point was that, at least judging from the comments here, it isn't what most people think (in other words, a ton of emails promoting equals instant success). The product still has to sell, and stay sold (i.e. not refunded).

Just out of curiosity, why the edit rather than a reply? It was rather confusing, and I almost missed your comment, Reed.

Sincerely,

Chris

Mike Merz
04-14-2007, 10:32 AM
Not sure what happened there, either .. ?

Regardless, the many factors and variables that add up to a successful launch include everything from celebrity (exposure, longevity, credibility, following, success, etc.), and the need your product satisfies -> how well it does the job, to timing and luck ... with many more in between.

If you are lucky enough to have the stars align for all of the above, you still need to sell your product and yourself as individuals to the partners you don't have a solid relationship with, yet.

In a nutshell ... contact a JV Broker when you feel you have all your 's' together, and allow him to introduce you and your product to his contacts so you can begin the oh so important relationship and review process ... it doesn't pay to have the 'try to make my money in one shot and move along' mentally ... create and nurture relationships over time to raise the likelihood that they will support future launches in advance ... this is serious business, not the lottery ... get your stuff together, and get your JV broker to touch base with his contacts, introduce you, and have a few weeks to get to know each other, review, discuss the promotion systems and how you can work together to get the most out of your union ... I recommend at least 4 weeks advanced notice to make sure everyone has time to get their systems in place, collaborate, and schedule mailings.

If you intend on magnifying your sales potential 10, 20, even 50 times or more ... doesn't it make sense that you need to give 100% towards making sure you've done all you can to ensure follow through?

Best,

Mike Merz

Reed Floren
04-14-2007, 03:53 PM

I kinda assumed that was a given. Obviously not having the mass emails means a much more difficult path to reach the goal. The entire reason everyone is here is because we all know that in many cases, JV's will not only increase our chances of success, but also decrease the time needed to achieve it. My point was that, at least judging from the comments here, it isn't what most people think (in other words, a ton of emails promoting equals instant success). The product still has to sell, and stay sold (i.e. not refunded).

Just out of curiosity, why the edit rather than a reply? It was rather confusing, and I almost missed your comment, Reed.

Sincerely,

Chris

Sorry about that, must have clicked the wrong button.

Christopher Schumacher
04-14-2007, 04:42 PM
Now we're definately getting somewhere.

I think the hardest part about trying to put together Joint Ventures from a product creator's standpoint is that there isn't a set process. With creating a product, I know what the process is:

1) Identify a need or desire.
2) Create a product that fulfills that need or desire.
3) Create a sales page that stands on it's own, and makes the product desirable and convinces the potential customer that it solves their need or desire.
4) Have amazing support post-sale to ensure customers remember you, and want to do further business.

This is where the process gets muddy to me though. You see, all of those things are great, but useless if the word doesn't get out, and people aren't telling others.

In my case, we have all of the above...and even semi-success with a previous product that helps establish us somewhat (Article Miner, for those reading that may be curious). It's not like we're new to the scene, it's just that prior to Article Miner, I spent most of my time as an affiliate who didn't care about any of the JV processes. I used my own process, regardless of what the product owner had or didn't have. What I cared about was the product itself. If it met my criteria, then I did what I felt was best for sales, regardless of what processes the creator/owner was using.

Now granted, we soft-launched our product to get an idea of interest...and those numbers were great. But I'm stuck from here, as I can't simply advertise like I did before...I know I need help. Our soft launch wasn't even under the brand we intend to use. It was strictly for the purpose of judging interest and desire for the products from our previous customers.

That's why I started looking into JV brokers. Generally, you guys tend to have more contacts, and know better the processes that they prefer.

I think what I need is someone who will double as both a broker and a consultant (or, at the least, a broker who has the time to play a role in both sides of things). Someone whom I can discuss ideas with to pick the best possible direction for all sides (affiliates, the broker, and us as creators), and then someone who can help get the ball rolling on the joint venture side of things.

Anyhow, now I'm meandering in my thoughts, so I'll stop here.

Thanks to both Mike and Reed for some great info. Hopefully the rest of the community jumps in soon and we can liven things up a bit!

Sincerely,

Chris

Reed Floren
04-16-2007, 11:23 AM
Let me know how I can help you Chris.