PDA

View Full Version : Questions about hiring a Joint Venture Manager

Michael Ehlert
03-27-2007, 06:25 AM
Hi,
I'm new here so I hope I'm not intruding in the wrong space. I've recently put together a new service, which is an extension of my existing business and was looking into hiring a JV manager. Does any one have a quick run-down of what's involved, with costs commissions, etc? My workshop will be starting next month, and there's a good group coming, but i'd like to set something up so that it's being continuously marketed. Incidently, I am offering affiliate commissions on the current course and would like to post that information as well. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Michael

Mike Merz
04-04-2007, 08:28 PM
Hey, Michael.

When you say 'JV Manager', do you mean ...

... JV Broker that doubles as a launch time affiliate manager?

... Full time affiliate manager that acts as a JV Broker, as well?

As a JV broker serving double duty as a launch time AM, I've negotiated 2.5 - 10% (depending on ticket) of all sales except those actually made by the merchant, whether I bring them on, or not ... as it's my job to inform and motivate all affiliates.

If you're looking for a long term affiliates manager, sales will be spread out over time ... so you might have to jack those numbers up a little.

A good place to find experienced affiliate managers is ... http://www.affiliatemanager.net/forums/ and http://www.abestweb.com/ .

Best,

Mike

David Bain
04-12-2007, 05:52 PM
That's some great information there Mike. Many thanks indeed for being so open. I'm putting together a launch for the beginning of June and I'm so happy that I've stumbled upon JVNotify Pro. Keep up the good work!

David Bain
04-13-2007, 03:36 AM
Actually I've got a question myself...

I'm looking to hire a JV Broker that doubles as a launch-time affiliate manager.
As per Jeff Walker's recommendation I'm wanting to have a discounted offer for the first 7 days, wanting full focus on generating as many sales as possible during that period...

My question is, is it reasonable to expect this JV Broker / Launch time affiliate manager to only get commission for all sales generated during this 7 day launch period or is it normal practice for them to get a percentage of all affiliate sales on the product forever? ???

Mike Merz
04-14-2007, 07:08 PM
Good question, David.

The answer might depend on the size of the ticket, if it's subscription based and pays monthly residuals, or simply a deal that works for both you and the affiliate manager.

When Mike Filsaime and I worked together on Butterfly Marketing, we agreed that though the product was evergreen, I would cut all ties after 30 days .. Tom Beal took over from that point. I felt I made the bulk of the money I was going to make, and moved on when things settled down.

In the case of Keyword Avalanche ... which is subscription based, I still get a nice check from Scot Standke almost 2 years after it launched. ;)

Understand that I brought on a good number of solid partners for both Mike and Scot that have generated sales to this day for both gentlemen ... I had to base my term of service on my involvement, and how steady the income stream (I didn't provide AP management for Scot, only brokering ... just an example)

I simply don't have the time to act as a launch time AP manager any more ... when I did, I took roughly 2.5 - 10% of all sales made by affiliates.

Best,

Mike

David Bain
04-15-2007, 06:36 AM
Thanks for the informative response again. Much appreciated.