PDA

View Full Version : Instant Affiliate Payments - Which System Is Best?

Chris Douthit
08-05-2011, 02:52 PM
I have a question about instant affiliate payments. Which type of system would you prefer to use and why?

1. Standard instant affiliate payment: Vendor and affiliate switch off as the recipient of the payment from the customer.

2. Parallel payment: Customer makes a single payment, but those funds are split between the vendor and the affiliate. Both the vendor and the affiliate are paid directly from the customer at the same time. This also allows you to set different percentage commission payouts.

3. Vendor receives 100% of the payment from the customer and then instantly sends the affiliate their percentage. So the affiliate will receive payment only from the vendor.

Diego Ortiz
08-09-2011, 12:52 AM
Rapid Action Profits FTW for sure the best script to accomplish 100% instant affiliate commisions. I highly recomend it

Chris Douthit
08-09-2011, 02:36 PM
This answer does not apply to what I was asking. I was asking about your opinion on different methods of paying your affiliates. Not which product you like.

Zach Waldman
09-08-2011, 05:42 AM
From the point of view of the person paying the commissions, I prefer #3. I like having complete control over what's happening.

From the perspective of getting people to promote your product, I think you'll get more affiliates offering #2.

As an affiliate marketer, the speed at which I get paid is more important than anything though.

Rob Toth
10-18-2011, 06:41 AM
I don't like option 2... serves no benefit.

Option 1, I'm a fan of for faster affiliate recruitment ability. As you know, all things being equal, an affiliate will be more attracted to getting paid instantly vs waiting a week or a month or 6 weeks etc.

However, if I'm dealing with savvy marketers and established businesses only and not needing to cater to cash-strapped beginner affiliates, then option 3 gets my vote. It keeps all cashflow in-house to the business owner (where it should be). All revenue is properly tracked then. All refunds are handled in house. And the referring affiliate gets their payment on the weekly or monthly or whatever schedule that was stated in the aff agreement.