PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a list - anyone got any suggestions?

Gal Rubn
05-17-2011, 02:25 PM
Hey

anyone got a list for sale?

paulcat3@walla.co.il

Jason Daniel
05-17-2011, 08:39 PM
Though it's not the answer your looking for, building a list will be a better long term investment. Even if you just create a free report and drive traffic to it that has to optin to download the report, you are building a targeted list that is opting in to your list and will be more receptive of your offers. A bought list will generally give you a lot of spam complaints, unsubscribes and very low open rate. Building a list is a much better ROI in my opinion. That's just my two cents because I hate to see people waste money buying a list when you can get so much more out of one you build yourself and establish a relationship with.

Sim Aurile
05-19-2011, 02:33 AM
Hey

paulcat3@walla.co.il

Hey Gal,

I know your feeling, and believe me, every one feels the same way at some point.

But the thing is, many of those list builders out there, I mean 99.99% wont like to sell their list...Why?

1) Long term --> Building a list means long term profits. List builders provide great content, free ofcourse, to their lists for weeks, even months, without a single promotion. Results?

One of the very reputed internet marketers, valued his list at $10 per lead!

Yea, imagine that. $10 for every subscriber.

Now, what makes you think he will give it away for a fixed one time price when he can make money with it any and every time he wants, that is, unlimited ofcourse.

2) Not allowed? --> Have you seen this kind of text written near optin forms

"Ï know you love your privacy, and thus, we promise your information will not be shared"

That says it all I guess.

I know its kind of irrelevent, but if you'd like to build a list, it is very easy, but requires determination, hard work and most importantly, patience.

Build a squeeze page, write articles with a link to it, and thus thats your list!

Once you build a small one, go ahead with JV partners, banners, SEO(Rank your page on Google) and other stuff, not to forget, the most laziest, Adswaps :P

Hope it helps
Cheers :)

Sim

ben barroga
09-25-2011, 12:12 PM
If you are going to buy lists either email or mailing address try nextmark.com (no affiliation there)
you can get buyer addresses ;) they tend to convert better and are proven to be buyers
you can search for your niche, but i think if you go that way its best if your niche is a broad one... but they have heaps of lists there

Kenster
09-26-2011, 11:48 AM
If you are going to buy lists either email or mailing address try nextmark.com (no affiliation there)
you can get buyer addresses ;) they tend to convert better and are proven to be buyers
you can search for your niche, but i think if you go that way its best if your niche is a broad one... but they have heaps of lists there

Nextmark has a huge searchable directory of lists...mostly for direct mail. I've used them for offline cpa campaigns. There are lots of other list aggregators out there that are solid, though most people use them for physical addresses over straight email lists.

check out...

lists.nextmark.com
usadata.com

anthony pugh
09-26-2011, 01:04 PM
Hi,

Can you tell me what you're looking for. I may be able to help...

Tony

Jan Roos
09-29-2011, 07:24 PM
I would also suggest you build your own list beause you can then develop a relationship with that list and profit from it for years to come.

Also, go for a buyers list from the start. Create a low priced but good product and offer 100% commisisons through Rapid action profits. This is a great way to build a buyers list quickly.

Cheers

Jan

Rob Toth
10-18-2011, 05:43 AM
You might want to expand on that and mention (1) the industry/niche and (2) whether you want a quality list or just any old list will do. :-p

Adrian Lee
10-30-2011, 07:11 PM
Hi, I'm in the same predicament. I've just launched a book on making money on eBay. I worked with one eBay guru whose
subsequent conversion rate was 30%. I've got an autoresponder but currently only have 30 people subscribed, so I need to know where I can find list owners specific to my niche. Feel like I'm at a loose end to be honest, I've got a good conversion rate with one affiliate but I don't have the opportunity to replicate that. Is there a section on this site that allows you advertise to affiliates?

Mike Merz
10-31-2011, 07:02 PM
Adrian, the JVNW Offer Wizard Overview (http://www.jvnewswatch.com/offer/jvnw_offer_wizard_overview) will take you step by step through putting together a JV Launch, JV Rolling Launch or Evergreen Affiliate Program post to either the default Internet Marketing or Niche Marketing categories, the latter of which is broken down into a number of sub categories. You're welcome to post your offer to the appropriate category via that method.

Cheers,

Mike Sr

Steve Yakim
12-10-2011, 03:12 PM
I do know that Cody Moya has lists for sale. I haven't received an email advertising leads for a few weeks so I don't have a link to share. A good alternative is to use co-registration to have some one else send subscribers to your list. I do have a few suggestions when using co-registration.

When using co-registration there are a few things you can do to get a more responsive list.

1. They are going to ask for a description of you newsletter or email information you will be sending to your list. So make a good description of what you have to offer your subscribers. Be as percise as possible because you only want targeted subscribers who are interested in what you have to offer. After all you are paying for each subscriber. Have this ready ahead of time.

2. Always buy double opt-in subscribers. They cost a little more but you will know that the subscribers you are purchasing will be interested enough in what you have to offer to go through the whole double opt-in process.

3. Again this will cost a little more, but buy leads from USA, Great Britian,and Australia. You will get better results. That is why they cost more.

I did have a company that I would suggest but I can't find the information now. Just do a search for co-registration leads and you should be able to find several companies.

When choosing a company, make sure the company displays lists that are not all selected. Stay away from these companies. Your offers will be lost in a sea of other offers and will not get opened.

You want to choose a company that requires the potential lead to go down the list of newsletters and check only the ones they are interested in receiving. This will help get you more targeted subscribers.

If done properly, co-registration can be a good way to build a list of leads. In my coaching, I teach that a good way to get your first 1,000 list members is to use co-registration. This little list will give you enough leverage online to start doing some types of joint ventures like ad swaps for example. So buying a list is one way to get things rolling right away.

Co-registration leads will not be the best subscribers but following my suggestions above will make them much better.

Wishing you much online success,
Steve Yakim

Mari Boi Alegria
07-11-2012, 02:48 PM
Hello Guys,

My name is Mari and I am also new to IM. I am also in dilemma of building a list. I am not in favor of buying one, because I believe that building my own list is also like building the foundation of my business. So if I want it to be solid and long term, I should know what stuff to use to make it solid, stronger and long term.

My problem know is how and where to start. I want to focus on mobile marketing niche. I already have a website and rank well on google for some keywords.

I tried building my list on the last product I promote but sad to say I did not make any sales. I put a lot of effort searching prospects, emailing them but I still fail. I know I am doing something wrong and looking on ways to start again because I wil never give up. :)

Terry Johnson
08-06-2012, 09:56 AM
This may not be what you want to hear but if I were you i would avoid buying a list at all costs, it will only lead to spam complaints and other problems ... not to mention wasting your time and money.

Any genuine list would cost many, many thousands, as such they are never for sale because they take too much time and effort to build for anyone to sell.

Further more you can never verify what is a genuine optin or not, the fact it states double optin, with IP address and optin means absolutely nothing.

Hey

paulcat3@walla.co.il

peter nicholls
09-10-2012, 10:05 AM
As this is my first post in here l will try to keep it brief and not upset anyone, but and it's a big but, you are approaching listbuilding the wrong way, l was and still am,an offline listbroker in mail order and direct mail and for the past 10 years have been doing the same online and a lot of the rules of offline apply online.
First rule to remember that listbuilding is easy, the probem is the customers as they often forget that they joined lists or join lists just to get the freebies then opt out asap and move on to the next victim.
The most important part of my listbuilding both off and online has been the cultivation of the relationship with my customers, first l treat them as suspects and only after l have warmed them up do l put them onto my prospects lists, the buyers still need to be looked after after they have purchased which means not bombarding them with loads of affilliate offers they you have not used yourself.
Before you try to start to build your lists you need a bullet proof email system setup that will actually give you the benefit of th doubt when they get a spam complaint, most email companies who send out emails will not let you import your own emails lists so they can remain on the safe side and not incur hefty fines.
So we are back to how you start to plan gathering emails in the first place, if it's a co registration email with all the proof you require that they have opted in, l can let you have 5,000 fresh ones each week no more than 30 days old, but as with all emails they will have been collected and shared with a few other people as well.
Now here's the kicker, the problem that providers do not tell you, that when you send out an email to these people they are cold suspects and you can expect that 95% will not double opt in with you, but they are cheap to purchase and you can get as many of them as you wish, its all a matter of how you decide to go.....but you still have to find a provider willing to send them, l use a program called zip sender, no affiliate links, look it up for yourself if you wish.
I can tell you that over the years some of the very top internet marketers have built their lists very fast from co reg leads and still do, l know because l supplied some of them.
Today l go for highly targeted leads or subscribers using simple video squeeze pages, it's cheap to do, easy to set up and fun to do just on youtube, although all of the other way ways still work l suspect according to my split tests that video is the way to go to get the best roi.
That was just may two cents, as it's no help say ing co reg is no good unless its explained to you why its no good. have fun

Munir Nathoo
10-01-2012, 11:31 PM
Adrian, the JVNW Offer Wizard Overview (http://www.jvnewswatch.com/offer/jvnw_offer_wizard_overview) will take you step by step through putting together a JV Launch, JV Rolling Launch or Evergreen Affiliate Program post to either the default Internet Marketing or Niche Marketing categories, the latter of which is broken down into a number of sub categories. You're welcome to post your offer to the appropriate category via that method.

Cheers,

Mike Sr

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the info, just what I was looking for seeing as I am very new on the scene. Going to check it out now :)

Mo

Haroon Ballim
10-15-2012, 12:05 PM
Buying a list may not be the best long term solution . Also my understanding is that for it to be legal the subscribers have to have agreed to opt in to your list before you can send them an email.

Building a list is much better . The clients know you . If you supplied quality they are likely to buy again from you . But if you gave them poor service , well ... But really , build a list , it takes more time and effort but its well worth it.

Deon Lundy
02-16-2013, 01:31 AM
yes, But Depending on How many subscribers you want the Price would increase.

Rian Mcthy
04-09-2013, 02:11 AM
I would also suggest you build your own list beause you can then develop a relationship with that list and profit from it for years to come.

Also, go for a buyers list from the start. Create a low priced but good product and offer 100% commisisons through Rapid action profits. This is a great way to build a buyers list quickly.

Cheers