PDA

View Full Version : Best marketplace to launch digital product?

Olusegun Balogun
03-23-2011, 05:48 PM
Hi everyone,

I am in the middle of launching a digital product. Clickbank has always been my best and favorite marketplace option, but with the recent issues with Clickbank, For instance; distrust and disbelief people begin to have for the income stream screenshots used by Clickbank vendors on their salespage (revealed most are done using Photoshop matching), vendors trying to increase their product gravity by crediting some of their sales to some affiliates accounts and so on. I began to have second thought about listing my product on Clickbank.

I will like suggestions from Warriors about other digital products marketplace that can be used. I have heard of Idevaffiliate and I know of Paydotcom but never used them. I will be happy to receive your honest advice and review about all of these marketplaces. Thanks

To our success,
Olusegun Balogun

Imran Naseem
03-24-2011, 07:53 AM
Most people still use Clickbank. I am sure you are an honest marketer and will not do the "above".

:) Clickbank is pretty much the best right now, as they are the dominant million dollar marketplace that have a foothold in the digital product market.

Olusegun Balogun
03-24-2011, 07:02 PM
Most people still use Clickbank. I am sure you are an honest marketer and will not do the "above".

:) Clickbank is pretty much the best right now, as they are the dominant million dollar marketplace that have a foothold in the digital product market.

Thanks for your honest contribution, Imran
I believe in quality delivery and best practice. As long as one has got problem solving product, people will surely buy, there is no point manipulating figures or data when you are confident about the urgrncy need of your product to the public. I build you trust!

Warm Regards,
Olusegun Balogun

paulbarrs
03-24-2011, 07:54 PM

Totally agree with Imran here,

I've got my new launch coming up, and for the first time ever I'm USING Clickbank.

Two simple rules of thumb -

(1) Sell a crap product, get lots of refunds.

(2) Oversell the benefits of your product on the sales letter, get lots of refunds.

I figure it's way better doing things this way... create an awesome product, and then tell people about it. No hype, no way-out promises - just tell it as it is. People don't give a sh*t what "you did" with your idea... they want to know what they can do with it.

Paul Barrs

John Pinner
03-25-2011, 07:37 AM
Hi, interesting. Have you had a look at click2sell.eu, much smaller than CB, obviously with a lot less affilaites & vendors. From memory you are able to use moneybookers and Paypal as your payment processors.
Hope this helps

Olusegun Balogun
03-25-2011, 10:59 AM
I've got my new launch coming up, and for the first time ever I'm USING Clickbank.

Hello Paul,

I will like to know what marketplace you have used for your launches in past, how successful were the launches and why you have decided to use Clickbank this time despite the fact that you confirmed:

(2) Oversell the benefits of your product on the sales letter, get lots of refunds.

Thanks
Olusegun Balogun

Mike Merz
03-25-2011, 11:42 AM

... and why you have decided to use Clickbank this time despite the fact that you confirmed:

Thanks
Olusegun Balogun

Olusegun, I think Paul answered that with "I figure it's way better doing things this way... create an awesome product, and then tell people about it. No hype, no way-out promises - just tell it as it is. People don't give a sh*t what "you did" with your idea... they want to know what they can do with it."

Paul presented a common problem with CB products/promotions ... then his solution. ;)

Cheers,

Mike

patrick ingram
03-25-2011, 02:15 PM
Hi, I'm also launching a new digital product on clickbank and this thread is very helpful. Is click2sell.eu a europe only market? Thanks for the great insights.

paulbarrs
03-25-2011, 09:38 PM

Hello Paul,

I will like to know what marketplace you have used for your launches in past, how successful were the launches and why you have decided to use Clickbank this time despite the fact that you confirmed:

Thanks
Olusegun Balogun

Mike is right, above.

I've always worked in the internet business training field - that's what I do (for over 10 years). The main reason I went with CB this time was that I didn't want to have to manage my own affiliate program.

In the past I've looked after stuff myself - too much of ahead ache. This time CB can do it.

It really makes no difference who you use... success of your product comes down the the success of your product - can people do with it as you claim they can.

Paul Barrs

chris busa
03-25-2011, 10:13 PM
hey Olusegun,

There are other places you can use other than clickbank to submit your product to such as...

payspree - this uses paypal and pays your affiliates instantly via paypal also has aweber intergrated into so you can build a buyers list without need to ad a optin form into your download page etc...

nanacast - I see more and more people using these guys not sure how expensive it is, but I think they offer life time lead tracking for affiliates so that maybe something you want to consider

infusionsoft - I know these guys are expensive, but they also do offer life time lead tracking and also 2 tier payouts for affiliates

hope this helps for some other alternatives to cb

-Chris

Olusegun Balogun
03-26-2011, 12:14 AM
I am really impressed with the feedbacks and suggestions I have received so far. That will really help to make my launch decision.

Thanks a million
Olusegun Balogun

margo
03-26-2011, 05:29 AM
Olusegun,

Proof of income pictures in CB are not as easy as you might think. When you submit your product to approval...then approval teams wants to know which account it is and you need to verify that. You need account id's. So they can verify...is it your proof of income...or not. Even if it's on video. They can still ask account ID's.
Otherwise your sale-page can go against FTC guidelines. So before you can get your product up, approval team needs to approve your product + sales page(s).

Olusegun Balogun
03-26-2011, 06:34 PM
It's bad enough that someone who isn't well versed doesn't understand the big picture of what's being presented in clever (though "honest") marketing and sales letters...

When you couple that with an entire group of no ethics, me-me-me, low-life trash bastards... it can really start to take a toll on the confidence beginners have about online business.

This is a MUST read:

Confessions of an Internet Marketing Scammer:
http://www.imnewswatch.com/2011/03/21/confessions-of-an-internet-marketing-scammer-by-eric-holmlund/

He even "confesses" to try and prove how he's out-smarting everyone. I could dance circles around his tactics. So could many others if they wanted to follow his pathetic lead. He's an amateur self-interested low-life bastard. But instead many (like me, you and thousands of others) choose to be ETHICAL and MORAL in everything we do.

Hello Margo,

When you read the post in the link of the thread started by Rob Toth in quote above, you will understand better what I am talking about. I never said that Clickbank team don't confirm, but the post is a "MUST" read. It can be 100% possible that such acts are going on.

Thanks
Olusegun Balogun

Imran Naseem
03-30-2011, 08:27 PM
As long as you got a kick ass product with good content and lots of material that is NO FLUFF you will succeed!

Olusegun Balogun
03-31-2011, 07:34 AM
Thanks Imran,

You always lighten my mood with your replies. But, what about the aspect of publicity?
One might have the best product in the world, but if it is known to anybody there will be no sale.

Any suggestions on getting ones product publicized faster and promoted by top G marketers?

Regards,
Olusegun Balogun

Jamshid Khurramov
05-16-2011, 01:15 AM
If you are not sure with Clickbank and Paydotcom use Plimus. It's getting more and more popular and they have invaluable sevrice, I'm sure you won't regret.

Dino Becker
05-22-2011, 03:16 PM
Clickbank all the way!

Justin Michie
05-26-2011, 04:51 AM
I'd go with something like Plimus or Infusionsoft - the refund rate on CB is way too high and then there's all the other problems.

Richard Madison
05-26-2011, 10:25 AM
Olusegun,

I think Clickbank brings a lot to the table --- as Paul mentioned that would otherwise be headaches for you.

1 - Affiliates. Obviously a massive affiliate market. You don't want hurdles when you are trying to sign up affiliates. Asking them to join another affiliate service is just a hurdle for them to overcome.

I know I promote other peoples CB products more because I don't have a payspree or plimus account.

2 - Accept Credit Cards. It's nice to accept credit cards and Paypal. Sure you can accept Credit Cards through paypal, but direct through Clickbank is simpler.

3 - Refund Management. The 2nd biggest headache when we don't use Clickbank is refund management. If you're not diligent in cleaning up affiliate commissions when refunds come in, then you're going to end up paying commission on sales that didn't happen. Not great.

4 - Affiliate Paperwork. It's nice that I don't need to track tax documents. In Canada we need to be able to prove all of our affiliate commission payouts and it's a burden.

5 - This is my fav: Paying My Affiliates On Time, Every Time, Period. It's nice for me (and probably nicer for my affiliates) to know that they will be getting paid on time, every time. This is another big time saver.

All of that being said, I suspect some other systems similar to Clickbank may be catching up in functionality, but I'm not convinced that they will ever rival the sheer volume of affiliates already on Cickbank --- and one less hurdle for the affiliates is a good thing.

Thanks for listening,

Richard

Dave dsl
06-14-2011, 10:55 AM
I have used clickbank for 2 years and have a love-hate relationship with them
my sales are like a rollercoaster. and recently had some commissions disappear,
But still think clickbank is the best avenue for digital products.
(hopefully clickbank gets things straightened out), :eek:

Robert Rielly
06-14-2011, 11:39 PM
Mike is right, above.

I've always worked in the internet business training field - that's what I do (for over 10 years). The main reason I went with CB this time was that I didn't want to have to manage my own affiliate program.

In the past I've looked after stuff myself - too much of ahead ache. This time CB can do it.

It really makes no difference who you use... success of your product comes down the the success of your product - can people do with it as you claim they can.

Paul Barrs

I agree with Paul the success of your product is for it to do what you say it does....without all the hype! I know when I buy a product, me personally I hate seeing the clickbank screen shots.... As I know people do that to create the "buzz"but it really turns me off because I might not achieve the same result as they did...then makes me think the product is not as good as they claim, but thats just me. I dont think the old saying is true "Build it and they will come" but I do believe "If you can solve a problem they damn sure will come"....

Bob Rielly

Sim Aurile
06-16-2011, 03:51 AM
Hey guys,

This has become a huge issues nowadays ... If you are active, I bet you've seen that major marketers and launches are shifting from Clickbank to Plimus. Why?

Well, first of all, Clickbank's refund policy. ANY purchase can be refunded any time, and when the customer is even 1% not happy, he sends a mail directly to the refunds department, and no question asked, if he's in 60 days of his purchase, he gets a refund.

There are several vendors complaining about a major % of refunds happening under 5 minutes of purchase. You call them professionals, or whatever ... Now, I don't want to argue about product quality, but personally, I've seen this effect many excellent quality products too.

But, Plimus, first of all offers a lesser period of refund guarantee, and being a customer, it's really hard to get a refund. I mean, they can delay or ignore for days and days. Good for the vendor...

Not to forget, Plimus is very secure. And bugging for vendors too. If they believe that an order is fraudalent, they will keep that order in Manual Verification list, and your customer won't get access to it until he is confirmed by phone, which can take days, literally ....

But, Clickbank has a plus too. It is very easy-to-use, with a newbie-friendly custom. I suggest for anyone who is selling their first product to use Clickbank. But for marketers who are smart enough and have launched product already, I think they can give Plimus a try, since it is not that user-friendly.

One more thing that I'd like to add is, except for Clickbank or Plimus, there are other fantastic marketplaces too, like 1 Shopping Cart, Infusionsoft and Click2Sell.

Good==> Easy to use, very newbie-friendly, and have more advantages.

Bad==>Pricing features....Infusionsoft can cost you anywhere between $200/ month (minimum) or $700/month (maximum) .... But they have the advantage of 1ClickUpsells, which you only get on Clickbank if you have a vendor history of selling 5000 copies with under 15-20% refund rates.

If you got $$$ to spend, 1ShoppingCart and Infusionsoft are good too.

Moral? Well, I am confused too! :P

Thanks
Sim

Mike Mcaleer
06-16-2011, 08:01 PM
yea a lot of affiliates show their earnings that do not even come from the products they create.

Todd Hirsch
06-17-2011, 09:05 PM
This is a great post. We are also launching on CB. We actually have real payment proof screen shots that were never doctored by photo shop... But with that being over done so much we are wondering if we should include them or not. Seems that is what the top guys do. We want to compete in the "make money" and the "software" niche. No matter what I think CB has high refunds even with the "perfect" product. We are going with CB because we want to have Pay Pal and PP don't like more then a one level pay plan. I hope people don't think our screen shots of money earned are fake.. because they are real. I think CB is the biggest and the best for digital products.

Chris Douthit
07-01-2011, 01:59 PM
Let me be the first to recommend PayGear.com and just so there is not confusion I am the CEO. Members of PayGear get twice as many features as clickbank and pay about half the price. Plus some of the valued features like one-click-upsells clickbank offers only to premium members. At PayGear you get those on day one.

I am not going to go over all the extra features we supply in this post as it would take up the whole page, you can see those at our website.

But if you are interested and are a JVNotifyPro member PM me and I will send you a $50 bump.

Jamshid Khurramov
07-05-2011, 12:29 AM
What about Plimus?

Greg Schneider
07-26-2011, 02:48 PM
Yeah, Clickbank is the way to go. I am doing my first launch on Clickbank...They are great to work with.

Andre Stoelinga
07-27-2011, 11:08 AM
You see many different opinions about clickbank. It's the biggest and has been for years, but why would it be the best ? I've read that PayDotCom (owned by Mike Filsaime) is getting overhauled, so this is going to be 2nd choice for a lot of marketers...I'm sure. And it's cheaper than CB.

Also, launching a product, even if it's a high quality one, is a real pain if the market doesn't know you. I've been trying to get partners for a while now, but most won't even consider reviewing your product, let alone promote it, if they don't know you. In this case I guess it doesn't matter what marketplace you want to sell your product on. You probably won't sell a lot anyway.

I'm personally going for PayDotCom once I can integrate it into my program. Until then I've indeed decided to use an affiliate marketing script on our server.

Andre Stoelinga