PDA

View Full Version : Japan Earthquake - Marketing Frenzzy??!

earnme97
03-12-2011, 07:32 AM
Hey Fellow .......JV's,

First of all, my deep condolenses to whomsoever is affected by the disaster that took place in Japan.

I am writing this post, in amazement, praise, and well, with sorrow everytime I think about it.

I was thinking about the Japan disaster, that just happened yesterday, and then went on my laptop, and BAM! I went to the WarriorForum first and saw 3 WSO's and 2-3 posts, that were titled with "Japan Earthquake" and saw them gaining immediate popularity. The power of events on marketing.....Amazed!

Then, I remembered a mail I got from Mark Ling, a well-respected Internet Marketer, who lives in New Zealand, where earthquakes happened too, killing more than 150 innocent people. The mail, I have unfortunately deleted, was titled something like "Thanks for the wishes". In the mail, he thanked his fans for praying for him, and sending those kind emails asking him if he and his family were OK. Thats not what I was amazed on. At the end of the email, he wrote that(this is what I remember) "NZ will suffer a lot of economic loss. Thanks to this(AFFILIATE LINK), people can actually make money". I realised the deal that time, and my amazement PROVED this time. Well done, Mike. This is what we call "smart" marketers. Praise.

My heart was broken when I switched on BBC, and saw those tragic moments of the Tsunami and Earthquake, that damaged Japan. I pray all the time for them now. AMEN ....Sorrow

Sim
The *New* Marketing Observer

Abel Chua
03-15-2011, 05:14 AM
Yeah. Many marketers do leverage on these events to personalize their messages and get closer to their subscribers. Using a similar knowledge/news/experience would help the Subs see Internet Marketers in a different light and in a much more personal way.