PDA

View Full Version : Easely increase CB Gravity

abbesnetwork
03-11-2011, 11:07 AM
Hi,

Interesting fact i found today. It looks like some clickbank vendors use some kind of script that do the following thing:

if the visitor comes from no affiliate link, on the clickbank orderform is automaticly assingned some affiliate id from an array in the script. This means that every sale is made, theoreticly is made through an affiliate link witch leads to increase gravity wich leads to more affiliates...and so on.

Interesting, huh..?!?

So.. who know more about this?

abbesnetwork
03-11-2011, 06:36 PM
i will respond myself :) easyclickmate

Victor.C. Richefeller
03-12-2011, 12:02 AM
@ Razvan,

I'm just hearing of this concept for the very first time, but if it's true and it does work, I guess one can't help but salute the spirit, brilliance and ingenuity of the creators of such a script. I know, we can call it cheating, but I've seen a lot in the IM industry and the real world itself, honestly it is a tough world, the game is not fair and the laws of the jungle prevails, either you eat them or they eat you.

Let's take a look at exit pop-ups, I for one, I detest exit pop-ups with a PassioN (emphasis on the capital P and N), but, deep in my heart I do respect the beautiful minds behind such an idea, lovely concept "Take No prisoners", "By All Means Necessary, Make Them Type In Those Credit Card Details", times are tough and unlike Bank of America or Goldman Sachs, you're not going to end up getting $1, talk less of billions of dollars as bail out from Barack Obama, if your IM product launch leaves you clinging at the helms of bankruptcy with mounting bills staring you in the eyes.

So you see, I can give a tought to your assertion.

Mike Merz
03-12-2011, 06:54 AM
easyClickMate was developed by Adrian Ling 8 years ago to allow CB Merchants the ability to manage their CB campaigns and sell multiple CB products from one account ... not game the system, I assure you. If it is happening, it's unintentional.

Cheers,

Mike

abbesnetwork
03-12-2011, 06:12 PM
@ Razvan,
...I know, we can call it cheating...

is not actualy cheating...giving the comission to one of your top affiliates as bonus..is not wrong...eather you increase your CB gravity artificialy. And...the bad fact is that most affiliates still looking for gravity..even if they don't know pretty well how exactly is calculated.

the bad thing will be to use your own aff accounts in this manner to increase the grav.

abbesnetwork
03-12-2011, 06:15 PM
@Mike..
I know, but it cand be done...and is not a cheating of the sistem...and more..i found out that a lot of vendors use this system. will be fair as a vendor create 10 cb accounts and use PPC to hes ownaff id-s to increase grav? this is bad..and this is used to...
but..nothing is perfect and any system has it's leaks ;)

paulbarrs
03-13-2011, 12:09 AM
What you say doesn't make sense - as I've often had people purchase product without going to an affiliate link and no 'affiliate get's paid for it, nor credited to it.

[side thought - or do you mean to say that it only happens with that script. Oh. OK).

But just between me and you, I'd rather get paid the full sale value of any sales on my products that I generate myself than have them given away to some affiliate that didn't do the work for it.

Paul Barrs

abbesnetwork
03-13-2011, 07:20 AM
But just between me and you, I'd rather get paid the full sale value of any sales on my products that I generate myself than have them given away to some affiliate that didn't do the work for it.

Hey Paul,

you see...you win on short term some money but, crediting some aff with your own leads >> increase cb gravity>>> have most exposure>>most aff are looking for gravity in clickbank>>>more aff will promote your product >>> on long term is a winning tactic ;)

Rob Toth
03-13-2011, 10:41 AM
"the bad thing will be to use your own aff accounts in this manner to increase the grav. "

Which is precisely what happens.

This and other self-purchase tactics have been "taught" for years now in the CB product launch communities.

earnme97
03-13-2011, 10:45 AM
Hey

I have never heard of this function. But since Mike said that EasyClickMate has been there since 8 years, that means it is legal.

Yea, vendors will loose money and not get the full sale. True!

Sim

paulbarrs
03-13-2011, 07:36 PM

Hey Paul,

you see...you win on short term some money but, crediting some aff with your own leads >> increase cb gravity>>> have most exposure>>most aff are looking for gravity in clickbank>>>more aff will promote your product >>> on long term is a winning tactic ;)

Yes.. I do get this - but it's so rare that random affiliates in CB end up being good partners that I wouldn't even bother.

Maybe it's just me, but I prefer to with *with* my partners and get to know them / them know me etc. Not really interested in random clicks.

That way I get better quality tr4affic, targeted promotions and higher conversions.

More dollars in pocket that then stays there.

Paul

Laurie Rogers
03-15-2011, 04:07 AM
From what I was reading in the WF, clickbank has been cracking down with some of their vendors, the content of their sales pages, traffic etc. especially during launch period (from 30 to 90 days). Some of the posters were saying that they were being watched like "hawks", which set off a few "signals" for me about doing business with certain people. My guess would be, that it's due to the high refund rates and cheats going on with the grav etc. I've never used clickbank to sell my own products, I had my own affiliate program with a short list of people I had built strong relationships with. Even now, coming back after a hiatus, I will still follow that policy, since I've known a lot of these people for 10 to 12 years and we both know what we are getting into doing business together. I can't remember whom it was that grilled, "it's better to have a short list of strong affiliates then a thousand dead affiliates" into my head when I launched my first affiliate program, but it has been sound advice.

abbesnetwork
03-15-2011, 08:12 PM
"the bad thing will be to use your own aff accounts in this manner to increase the grav. "

Which is precisely what happens.

This and other self-purchase tactics have been "taught" for years now in the CB product launch communities.

i still don't understand why most affiliates looks for gravity when pick a product to promote. probably most of them just don't know how is calculated ;)