PDA

View Full Version : How To Create A Pre-Launch Buzz That Will Generate A Buying Frenzy

Fabian Tan
03-11-2011, 04:46 AM
Often when launching a new product, it is easy to overlook the pre-launch phase. The pre-launch phase is the phase between the creation of your product and the launch day. This is the phase you should use to warm your market up to your upcoming product launch. In other words, you "salt" the market until they are thirsty for your product on launch day. The pre-launch phase is what creates a buying frenzy.

Firstly, what you need to do to create a pre-launch buzz is to create a pre-launch page. You should offer a free report on this page that acts as a teaser to your main product. Your should capture people's emails on this page so you can follow them up for the launch itself.

On the page, you should have a timer that counts down to the launch day. This creates huge anticipation. You can get these timers from Javascript sites like HotScripts.com.

Next, you should contact potential joint venture partners to launch your product. You can find joint venture partners on Clickbank's marketplace or just by searching through listings on Google to find other entrepreneurs in your niche. Approach them and ask them to promote your product. Give them an incentive to promote your product by doing perhaps a cross-promotion, offer huge commissions and even affiliate contest prizes. You must do everything you can to help your partners succeed with your product launch because they will be your main generators of traffic. Your success depends on their success.

Fabian

Andre Hegge
09-01-2011, 03:46 AM
I'm surprised how this thread has been almost unnoticed. It is in the pre-launch phase that most marketers fail and it is also the phase that I personally find most difficult. It's pretty "easy" to create a good product and a converting landing page but to create a buzz around your launch... That is where success is born.

Thank you!

Mo Miah
09-18-2011, 09:30 PM
great post, thanks fabian

Rob Wood
09-22-2011, 05:49 AM
A 3 way sideways sales letter is a common option - gives you 3 shots to build the appetite for the product. It's good to embed a facebook wall page beneath each video and ask for feedback. You can cover off any questions in subsequent videos removing the barriers to purchase.

Kenster
09-22-2011, 11:12 AM
The launch is the sexy phase and that's why it gets the most attention, but it's the prep and pre-launch that is the important variable in launch success...as you point out so nicely.

If you can get the pre-launch buzz to go viral...launch day will be even more fun...and rewarding ;)

Barbara Ling
09-25-2011, 05:05 AM
A 3 way sideways sales letter is a common option - gives you 3 shots to build the appetite for the product. It's good to embed a facebook wall page beneath each video and ask for feedback. You can cover off any questions in subsequent videos removing the barriers to purchase.

I like that idea! Very wise indeed.

When I did my pre-launch for Income Fitness, I created a special VIP prelaunch membership site which every few days, I'd give away something of value relating to me product.

ben barroga
09-25-2011, 11:50 AM
Fabien no wonder you are successful.. you are always helping other people out and not being selfish ;)

Great article again mate!

Kenster
09-26-2011, 11:41 AM

I'm not sure if Jeff Walker invented the sideways sales letter but he's the one that made it mainstream through his PLF products.

I am guilty of this myself, but it's soo tempting for marketers to try and sell too quickly and have tunnel vision to make the immediate sale instead of focusing on maximizing the lifetime value of the prospects and visitors. The traditional sales letter is attractive at first because it's the fastest way to get money from your visitors, but the fastest money doesn't mean the most money.

Jeff turns the long page sales letter into a multi-stage process whereby there is a whole prelaunch phase warming up prospects and collecting their emails (for long term monetization...maximizing lifetime value) then the launch phase where the spike of money is made, and then the post launch which is primarily focused on maximizing lifetime value of customers AND non-customers.

It's amazing how well this elongating the sales process works.

So, it is tempting to slap up a sales page to get the instant sales, but it's important to think long term and control the temptations of instant gratification.

I also love the facebook comment idea underneath videos. You can even add an incentive to comment (like free course, book, whatever) to motivate people to comment and share your pre-launch stuff virally.

Blair Beauchemin
10-02-2011, 08:05 PM
Very good article. I am actually on your list and I must say you do give away great content. Good call about the timer, I never thought about doing that but now that I think about it I have seen it on many prelaunch pages etc. Thanks for the info.

John Adams
12-12-2011, 02:18 PM
Good Advice Fabian!

I think most beginners fall into this trap. It's easy to think the product you are launching is the best thing ever, while sitting back and "waiting" for affiliates to dive all over it.

Truth is, affiliates need to be treated like precious gold.

They also need things simple.
The better your affiliate page the better your response, the better your return. The easier it is for any affiliate to get on board and promote quickly, the more likely they are to "move quickly to rally around you".

Most people who have launched a product quickly realise how much money the affiliates can bring to the table. Once you realise how much they cam put into your bank account, the sooner you'll understand how precious they are.

Thank's for the post Fabian. A great reminder for us all!

Best regards,
John

nathan loftus
12-18-2011, 06:14 PM
Hi guys as a newbie some of your posts are great info

Thanks

Kola Olutimehin
01-29-2012, 09:12 PM
It is the KLT (Know/Like/Trust) factor, I guess. Thanks Fabian

Frank Total
04-15-2013, 02:40 PM
Great Stuff,I do agreed on this pre-launch stuff.Because what we see here is not a NEW method but instead this process is been aroun for long time,and hardly no one or some don't know it even exist.But when you think of those "Hollywood Commercials" for those NEW UPCOMING MOVIES they don't do Hard sales,but instead they drive more exposing and like minded blowing for the Audiences so these Audience will feels like they can't wait for that "New Movie" to come out you know.So this is no different than "IM WORLD" too or other Places etc.So yes I do agree and thanks for this.Fabian.

Felix Leech
04-28-2013, 02:56 PM
Thanks Fabian. This makes great sense and helps a lot, I will use it in the future.

Mandy Matsumoto
07-11-2013, 12:06 PM
Thanks for the great info! It makes so much sense to build up a pre-launch, and yet it never crossed my mind. As a newbie, I have been focused on launching and THEN looking for customers and affiliates. I only wish I had come across this post sooner.

nabil hel
07-12-2013, 08:27 PM
very helpful idea fabian tnx very match

Lee Penington
08-06-2013, 03:19 AM
Extremely useful, thank-you Fabian

Bonnie Gean
08-19-2013, 01:10 PM
Ken, care to share some ways in which you might help the pre-launch go viral?

William Souza
05-14-2014, 08:05 AM
Awsome tips!

I'd just add that during the pre-launch it's also important to deliver value to the potential customers, specially if it's a mid/high-ticket product. Maybe most people won't be familiar with your products or won't be confident enough about the value of the product you're launching, so delivering useful information during the pre-launch can help them make the decision.

Serve first, sell second.

Tan Mallawaarachchi
05-20-2014, 03:26 AM
Thanks for the great info Fabian. It's interesting to know how much time you should give for pre-launch. I'm not sure whether launching it too early would loose the interest. Any thoughts on this?

Cheers

Caterina Christakos
08-13-2014, 01:51 PM
Excellent post. Yes, creating the product is the easy part. It is everything up to the launch that needs to go smoothly.

Michael Baptiste
10-24-2014, 09:19 PM
Yeah I agree with that. Myself being a good product creator, but not the best at launching for big numbers I can agree to what you've said. And you've pointed out a few things that I already knew, but will start to focus more of my attention on.

I think a good way to build buzz in the marketplace would be to buy some banner ads and invest a decent amount of income in building up the buzz and getting people just seeing your product on many different websites. Not to mention once they click send them to a squeeze page and build up that pre-launch list.

Great share, and thanks for clarifying a few things for me.

Michael

Greg Jeffries
05-02-2015, 07:48 PM
Yep. Think movie trailers...they don't just show you a trailer and then the next Friday release the movie.

Teasers start sometimes a year away - then as the movie release date gets closer, you see more and longer trailers.

wayne atherton
05-26-2015, 04:27 PM
Good insights The IM market is soo ineffcient

James Bond
09-25-2015, 06:43 PM
Hey Fabian. Is it a mistake to show the actual Sales Page pre-launch, but without active links?

SM ASIF
11-02-2015, 02:44 AM
Absolutely brilliant and helpful article,as we are also going through pre-launching session,beta list is happening and soon we will be launching it finally

Lina Ali
11-24-2015, 02:35 AM
Hi Fabian,
Your absolutely right! I've done this mistake before, when I was selling physical product online. That really costed me huge $$... And I've seen quite a few good products that went unnoticed because of this.

Good advice. Thanks for sharing!

Chris Melchior
09-12-2016, 09:15 AM
Thanks for your post . . . some points I did not know.

I have someone supposedly helping me with my launch, and he has helped with graphics banners and making sure I put email swipes on my JV page etc. He mentioned giving away a free report, but never replied to my question about how to get traffic to it (as I well know, creating something is not likely to get much traffic, unless some additional action is taken). Your post helped me understand how this is meant to happen.

thanks !

Chris

Iva Embley
09-26-2016, 06:18 PM
Great post, Fabian! Thank you for sharing your valuable tips...

jeng cua
11-21-2016, 09:05 AM
Awesome Fabian! Thanks for sharing this!

Mark Bagh
02-08-2017, 09:17 AM
very well written !! great advise

jeng cua
03-09-2017, 08:49 PM
Hi Fabian!

Thank you for this post. I am just a newbie in this platform and trying to explore. Thank you for this great post. Just to mentioned, I run a pre-launched test with ClickBank and now I am looking for potential JV partners here to help me OFFICIALLY launch my product. I hope that you can also help me on this journey.

Looking forward to see more great articles from you.

All the best,
jeng cua

mason Syd
12-07-2017, 05:11 AM
Some great points are made here :).

I'd like to add a little more to help those who are series about their launch.

If you truly want to establish your foot print in your industry and make impact before even selling, it's important to take some time and think about your competition - do a SWOT analysis (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats) about your competition and use it to your advantage by offering more value than your competition in some way, securing your competitive edge.

You're probably wondering, why are we talking about the competition when this post is about a prelaunch?

The reason we do that is, if your business uses a website for its prelaunch, putting up an aesthetically pleasing landing page will help, but not if its just for the heck of design. You need to address important issues about your target market through your products/services to ensure your target market / audience understand where you can benefit them. This is where your SWOT Analysis about your competition comes into play!

Don't be scared to expose their weaknesses in your prelaunch! Your audience will always want more value from their supplier (your competition) and if you give them good reason, they'll make the change. You just need to sell it right, and a prelaunchis a great way to build that!

If anyone has any questions or if you'd like some materials to help you plan your prelaunch feel free to ask :)

Melanie Tan
04-30-2018, 07:53 AM
Wow. This post was originally up in 2011?

Solid stuff... as what's mentioned here is STILL what needs to be covered today (2018), especially the part about giving potential partners an incentive to promote you.

Thanks Fabian.

dean jones
07-02-2018, 03:35 AM
well wrote bro keep it up i will appreciate you..

Angelo Douglas
09-20-2018, 12:03 PM
Thanks for information Fabian! This makes helps a lot.

Jimmy Chappel
09-06-2019, 02:29 AM
Solid info and really common sense when you think about it. There has to be some excitement and incentives!