PDA

View Full Version : I need Advice on my site - It's relatively good

Tony Shull
03-10-2011, 04:20 PM
Hey guys.

Two things:

First, I'm thinking about selling my website because I don't like reviewing :) and because I need money. Ultrabonusandtruereviews.com I think its an awesome name but its not as SEO'd as it was in the beginning. See, we got hacked into sometime last year and that was a major UNMOTIVATOR - but I finally found all the old posts and restored the blog but if you notice it seems to lag when switching pages and I cant add more pages because it goes to a blank page...I"m not looking for a fix - just looking for someones opinion on howmuch the site could go for. I just recently submitted it to the search engines for the second time, but according to google it had never been submitted, so who knows what the deal is... I was on the first page of google for the keyword "Ultra bonus" which even in quotes theres 27,000 results SO I WAS PROUD OF THAT! ... for a while the posts were SE optimized, but like I said, once the hacking happened, I lost the majority of my motivation to work on the site. Because it took so long to write all the short reviews that I had just posted some weeks before(which I finally got back).

So, I know the site could be pretty profitable if taken care of. I got it through justhost so I dont know how to go about selling it so I guess thats the main thing I need Advice on lol... but the second thing is how much do you think it would sell for... The blog is awesome looking and uses the flexibility theme and you could easily keep all my content and swap out aff IDs if you chose to keep my content.

SECOND THING
I have a style thats all my own - so if anyone has a big list (and/or a product of your own) I would like to try my hand at converting them- by providing you with my unique sales page to mail out to them...If it doesn't convert...no harm no foul. If it does, I would like to know lol and would expect to share in the sales 50/50 (related news lol I am not offering the sales page rewrite anymore.Atleast not until I have my bills paid up for a month or two and have time to devote to it-or if you offer money upfront then obviously I'd get to work on it and won't stop revising till you are a happy puppy...)

Alright Thanks for you time,
-oz

earnme97
03-12-2011, 07:36 AM
Hey Oz,

I suggest you visit Flippa.com

Add your website to their marketplace, I am sure you will find a buyer.

Since your website contains a lot of content, I hope it sells well!

Thanks
Sim

Olusegun Balogun
03-14-2011, 10:21 PM
Hello Oz,

The major marketplace I use is Flippa.com. That's the place I sell all of my websites. You can also try warrior Forum. The price at which your site will be sold depends on certain things:

1. Traffic: One of the things buyers look for is the traffic details of the site. The more the traffic to the site, the more the confidence about money making potentials.

2. Revenue to date: People like to see the proof of revenue you have generated from the site so far and analysis who viable the site is compared to the traffic being pulled by the site. The revenue to date of sales also determine your selling price of the site. Averagely, most sites are sold 2-3 times their revenue realised to date of sale.

3. SEO: The site ranking and positions in search engines matter, not just ranking for one keywords, but other searchable keywords matter.. The backlinks to the site is very low at the moment despite being around since 24th April, 2010 according to the WHOIS details of the sites. Also, the Alexa ranking tells. I can easily tell that there are no much or enough traffic to the site on daily basis. The current traffic rate will be average of 9 - 11 visitors daily.

Others include means of monetization, site age, easy site nagivation, quality of contents and Plus lots more

There are lots of factors that determine selling this site for higher value which you can start to work on at the moment if flipping this site is your goal. So, analysis those points given above in relation to your site data/details at the moment. I will not want to write a report here, I will just keep it simple.

Guess this help!

All the best
Olusegun Balogun