PDA

View Full Version : Product Launch VS. Non-Product Launch

earnme97
03-01-2011, 07:07 AM
Fellow JVNotifyPro members,

I had a small question. I have a product in the making, and I would like to sell it. It is still being made, so it will take some time. Until then, I am just looking at my options.

What I have observed is, Product launches do better than NON product launches. Is that true?

If you see the Clickbank Marketplace for E-Business category, 9 out of the 10 products were product launches.

What do you think?

Sim Aurile

Rob Toth
03-01-2011, 04:21 PM
In a CB marketplace, or WSO marketplace ... the psychology is a little different.

Social proof comes into play.

On CB, it's in the form of Gravity score. In a WSO, it's all the comments/replies.

So yes that will benefit the passive sales your product can enjoy after a launch.

But does a "launched product" vs "non launched" perform better? Has nothing to do with it really.

A launch is like a grand opening for a store. A big hooplah, a lot of buzz, people come, sales are made. But THEN WHAT? If your product only converts and does well during the "grand opening" and your funnel isn't something you can continually advertise .. then it's not even worth launching in my opinion.

There are plenty of guys doing $40k+ per month from consistent advertising, consistent promotions, consistent affiliate recruiting and creative JV deals.

In a marketplace, yes it's worthwhile generating the initial buzz and putting a Promethues launch behind it to focus all efforts on that 1 day (or 1 week or whatever). Because the buzz and anticipation will create higher conversions. The more sales will create more social proof and even more buzz (and likely new affiliates) and that means your offer can enjoy some easy passive sales for a while...

But all of that WILL die out. So I'd first setup the funnel and test and tweak it to make sure that cold traffic from ad-buys converts and hands me a worthwhlie profit. If that's true THEN launch it and at least you know after the launch ripple effects have worn out, you still have a true business.

Justin Atlan
03-02-2011, 12:42 AM
Great stuff Rob!

Justin =)

E Brian Rose
03-02-2011, 02:57 PM
As Rob eluded to, all a "product launch" really is a way to create initial buzz for your newly released product. In reality, every product that you sell has been "launched". Some products are just launched in a different manner than others.

margo
03-04-2011, 05:27 PM
Well it depends...if you have huge list, you can do very well without big prelaunch etc.

My friend launched one of his products lately without prelaunch, JV's or affiliates. Just his own list...and he was able to cash in almost $200k.

But i think that if you are thinking to get product out...do it with a bang ;D