PDA

View Full Version : Clickbank Affiliate Mailing

Gene Wolf
02-25-2011, 09:02 AM
I've just noticed something and I want to make sure I'm just not overlooking the obvious. I am in the process of trying to find the sweet spot price point for the launch I'm doing. After looking at the numbers for the last couple of weeks it seems the price I put on Clickbank was too high. This is based on sales numbers being very low. I realize there are a large number of factors that can contribute to this but I feel the price was too high.

I lowered the price and offset that by increasing the commission paid to the affiliates. I wanted to let those that have signed on just what I was doing and why. Seems to me to be the appropriate thing to do instead of blindsiding them. Unfortunately I can't see any way of mailing to affiliates who have signed up to promote the launch on Clickbank. Am I missing something here or is this a rather large gaping hole in the affiliate program software of Clickbank?

paulbarrs
02-25-2011, 08:57 PM
Yes, it is a large hole... but that's also not CB's job. They manage payments and affiliate split, delivery of product - nothing more.

Most people who work with CB also have third party system for those affiliates who "want" you to keep in touch with them. Most don't.

The CB marketplace of a free for all of crap with very few 'good'. Most people who browse it do so because they want to remain anonymous and try to find a 'quick click income'.

Your success will not come from these people nor replying on CB's traffic. It will come from sourcing your own affiliates and partners. These are the ones who then join your on your website and with your mailing list.

Paul Barrs

Gene Wolf
02-26-2011, 07:39 AM
Thanks for the honesty Paul. I was under that impression myself but, being new to this, I didn't want to come out and say something without having first hand knowledge. I've been in IT for over 30 years and running something like Clickbank without a method of contacting affiliates who sign up seems totally idiotic to me. Now I understand.

Looks like I'm going to have to dig deeper into this rabbit hole called IM and see what I can come up with for running my own affiliate network and paying affiliates myself.

Bill Zimmerman
02-26-2011, 12:07 PM
Look into Easy Click Mate. It's what we use to manage affiliates and it ties into your Clickbank products. Basically once you set it up, you invite affiliates to join your affiliate program on yousite.com/affiliates for example (you can put this right into your product info in the clickbank marketplace). Here there will be a sign up form where they can register to be an affiliate and use any affiliate tools you set up on your site. This way you also get their email addresses so you can communicate with them.

Abel Chua
03-09-2011, 03:46 AM
The Tracking and Mailing of affiliates should be done on your part. You should not only tap on clickbank for affiliates but network with good ones outside of clickbank. Some usually would need you to do a favor for them before they would be ready to join you.

Fabian Tan
03-11-2011, 04:39 AM
If you want to follow-up with affiliates, you can
create an affiliate sign-up page and include the
link in your CB Marketplace description. You can
set up this special page and ask affiliates to
opt-in to an exclusive affiliate notification
list. Then ask for their Name, Email and Clickbank
ID.

Easy Click Mate is also a great option. Plus, you
can include affiliate tools in there and
affiliates can also promote multiple products of
yours from one area. It's a nifty system.

Another way is to search for their affiliate ids
using various methods and then contact them
personally. You can just contact your top
affiliates.

Fabian