PDA

View Full Version : $1/2 Million Event Revenue Expected: IM Champions Caribbean Cruise - Ideas?

Paul S.K emp
02-11-2011, 12:56 PM
Let me run something by the JVNotify forum.

I'm looking for advice and suggestions on the potentially biggest killer money making topics for 2011? Amazon? Facebook? Webinars? Twitter?

Why?

It'll really help me create a great schedule for my Cruise Event

Let me explain a liitle more so you know the context

I'm planning an event called 'IM Champions Caribbean Cruise'. On May 9th this year we take over an entire cruise ship to host a 5 day internet marketers ultimate seminar; sailing from Cuba to Jamaica.

Imagine a luxury cruise ship with only serious Internet Marketers on board!
(oh yeah! and the Captain with his crew)

I'm think of offering a unique affiliate program. Commissions are paid by using CPE 'Cost Per Event' model rather than 'Cost Per Sale'. Affiliates will make money on selling the tickets for the cruise to their lists plus commission on any sales during the event by the same attendee.

I've working with some big name marketers already. Marketers with lists of over 100,000.

I have the luxury cruise ship already booked and confirmed.

I have several IM industry leading presenters who have expressed an interest to join the cruise event.

Tickets are likely to sell for around 50% discount to standard price cruise prices, so around $400. This will include:

* the cruise from Jamaica to Cuba on a modern luxury cruise ship
* Luxury cabin
* morning excursions to ports we stop at along the way
* breakfast, lunch and dinner
* Access to 5 days worth of workshops with killer content
* Unlimited networking opportunities with the top internet marketers

Okay, so now you know the context, what kind of 'killler content' should I add to the event? I really value any ideas from here.

Great Stuff!
Paul

Rob Toth
02-11-2011, 08:24 PM
Cool Paul!

http://marketerscruise.com/ ... and search "marketer cruise" for other marketing vertical cruises. Steal some ideas from them of their setup, pitch, pricing, speakers etc.

And... of course... topics.

The reality is the majority who go on a "business cruise" like this aren't there for the topics. They are going because it's a great vacay opp, fun in the sun and Networking.

In my opinion, your topics holds very little weight in the overall picture.

Instead, personally, I'd look at how you can add maximum networking value and pitch THAT angle more.

Rob Toth
02-12-2011, 08:17 AM
Also check out: http://littleshopofcruises.com/ ... that's who most of the other marketers who put on IM cruises use.

Paul S.K emp
02-12-2011, 10:27 AM
Rob - I can't thank you enough for your insights to event hostings and your introductions to IM marketers earlier this year.

We have a draft copy of the speakers contracts we intend to use.

Ironically, my JV partner and I had never come across another IM cruise when putting together the idea. As with all good ideas, someone always beats you to it. However, I'm yet to find an IM event that takes over an entire cruise ship.

Thanks for the links! We need all the help we can get.

GREAT STUFF!
Paul