PDA

View Full Version : How website owners will begin to perceive JV's in 2007 & beyond

Jim Musselwhite
12-01-2006, 03:23 PM
I came across this post the other day and I must say it struck me as a sign of new changes in the way Joint Ventures will be perceived and managed by webiste owners. I do believe this is a trend that will continue and grow, making Joint Venture opportunities more difficult to come by for the masses of affiliates who, up to this point, have found virtually NO barriers when presented with opportunities to JV with someone:

--------------------------
(I have deleted anything that might identify who posted this)

"I am looking for 12 JV partners to work with me over the next year. Each partner will work closely with me to promote
my site for one month only. You're probably thinking why only one month? Well I only want to work with one JV per month so:

1) You have no other JV competition when pulling in the customers
2) We can work very closely to drive as much traffic to my site without any distractions from other JV's
3) You will be getting a larger than normal commission during this month so it will be well worth your time.
4) I will give your site a total make over to generate more sales for you.

How do you qualify as a JV?

1) You must have a list of 10,000 subscribers or more
2) You must be full committed to promoting my site during your dedicated month".

---------------------------------------------

OK, you may be thinking "this website owner is going to lose alot of affiliate sales with this strategy". Well, I'm not so sure.

I think this has tremendous merit, and I'll simply quote some of Mike Filsaimes's observations on the subject, taken right from the last chapter of his "The Death of Internet Marketing":

1. If you have a good product, affiliates will promote it.
2. There should be a group of 8 marketers that all bring the same level of leverage to the gropup. Think about it...when there's a product launch, the most sales come from the top 4-8 people anyway.
3. Why have 25 people sending promotions, when 8 of them will get out 95% of the inboxes anyway. (actually, it's more like hundreds of affiliates in many cases -- my comment, not Mike's).
4. Why not share the wealth with the smaller group?
5. The result is that over a year, you will work as ateam, and make more money doing so because you will make more sales for your own products and more as an affiliate.
6. This also serves to eliminate noise (such as the 17 product launches this last October). It will keep subscibers happy. They don't need 25 emails from 25 different people.

Mike has SO much more to add. You really must read his 59 page pdf document if you want to understand how big internet marketers are going to operate in the future.

So, is this good for affiliates as a whole? I don't think so. I think a HUGE shakeout is coming. However, affiliates and product owners who provide high quality information, truly value their subscribers, and seek to ensure that they have an informed and pleasurable experience, will succeed in participating in highly effective joint ventures and alliances. (joint ventures & alliances--yes, two different things indeed).

This is a JV forum. I'd like to know what YOU think about the JV strategy explained in the website owners post above.

Mike Merz
01-28-2007, 09:32 PM
Jim, this is a GREAT topic ... I'd like to get opinions from a few other partners, and then I'll chime in (I was just getting ready to close up shop ... but I just had to reply! LOL).

I've been behind the scenes of many of the biggest launches of the past 4 years (including my dear friend Mike Filsaime's famous Butterfly Marketing launch last January, for which I both brokered and ran the affiliate program) ... needless to say, I know a few things a lot of folks don't ... and I'll be back to discuss some of them tomorrow.

Best,

Mike

Reed Floren
04-05-2007, 05:58 PM
This seems to be where things are heading.

Idris Arkette
04-06-2007, 10:31 AM
Hello all,

This sounds very exciting and promising.

I've getting all revved up just reading about it guys.

Thanks for writing this up. I'm going to read that pdf
from Mike Filsaime, I read it once but it didn't stick, now
that I'm very interested and intending to do a JV I'll read up
on it again.

Thank you for mentioning that PDF.
Idris Arkette