PDA

View Full Version : Newbie promo video

oliverdodd
12-07-2010, 06:04 PM
Hi guys...

Keeping with the, 'newbie' theme, what is the best way to create a promo video, if one had, for example, a webcam?

eg, would you do a single person shot (like having a camera aimed at you, with you talking generally about your product)

would you, instead, focus on photos/pictures with a voice over...

what type of video would really stand out, if you had, just 30-60 seconds. (or perhaps, longer is better...)

and, finally, do promo videos on youtube, metacafe really work?

again, like before, any ideas/ suggestions (and also, please forgive me if this has been mentioned before...)

regards

Oliver

Gavin Stephenson
01-25-2011, 07:52 AM
Focus on giving value rather than promoting.

Bill Zimmerman
01-27-2011, 10:55 AM
Unless you are good in front of the camera, I would do pictures and text with voice over. I think 30-60 seconds is a little short to get any message across, I would push to 2-3 minutes or so. They can work, but can be difficult to get some traction. You could also create a facebook fanpage and put your video(s) and stuff on there. You could put it up on Youtube, and then in description box make link to your FB fanpage and try to get people to LIKE the fanpage and try to get it going that way. Just an idea...good luck

tblrg
01-27-2011, 05:43 PM
You can create a good video with digital video camera. Filter background using alpha video. This get you close to professional 'video'.

Encourage viewers to explore the site further by calling for action - ask them to visit pages, click on facebook link or something that is simple prospect to do.

Laurie Rogers
01-31-2011, 08:43 PM
Hi Oliver, I would go with the suggestion of using pictures or screen capture in real time (Camtasia is great for this) and if you have some bucks to spare Viddler, is great as it has many features in which your customers can be "called to action" on numerous occasions throughout your video. Don't just rely on youtube or metacafe to promote with, take advantage of all the major video sites - vimeo, yahoo etc. because keep in mind that some people simply prefer using those sites versus others. And finally, make sure your keywording is extensive and very descriptive, you'll have much better results. Oh and one other thing, if the video is specifically targetted, ensure you have a user account (especially on youtube) just for those videos, keep better stats that way.

BTW here's a list of top ten video sites
http://video-share-review.toptenreviews.com/

choice11
02-01-2011, 03:45 AM
Just keep it simple....always remember - that the greatest solution is the simple one. Don't be complicated....
Three minutes video with great intro, your link thru- the video from start to finish. You can choose camtasia or article-video converter..your choice ....like i said earlier - keep it cool and simple. You will be fine :-)
Just keep moving

B Davies

earnme97
02-03-2011, 01:39 PM
Hey Oliver :)

From what I have seen and observed, people who shoot themselves get more "trust" from their prospects. You know, they believe in real life and all.

Whereas, people who shoot pictures and powerpoint presentations seem more professional.

I can't tell you which is better, but you can try any!

TIP: Try mixing them together, like this guy is doing at http://www.autoclickprofits.com

Check out the video once you optin.

Thanks

paulbarrs
02-06-2011, 01:58 AM
Oliver,

All of the above posts give good options but they leave out the one key factor... THE CUSTOMER.

Ask you potential customers what *they* think would be best. forget about YOU and what YOU think (even what we think) and ask your customers what THEY want to see. What hat questions do they have. What answers do they needs, what doubts etc.

Once you have this information THEN decide which is the best format to deliver the video in.

The thing is... there *is no* best format...

It all comes down to the best way to deliver the answers that your customers need.

Paul Barrs