PDA

View Full Version : A newbie affiliate page

oliverdodd
12-04-2010, 04:56 PM
Hi guys...

I was wondering... (and I'm sorry, if there is already a post somewhere on this forum, please forgive me;-)

But what makes a good affiliate page, for a newbie?

We talk about having articles, banners, even PPC ads...

But for someone already in a full time job, with little spare time, what is the best way to put up an attractive affiliate page, without spending hours upon hours on designing the features

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be lazy here... but if I have just 2 hours, for example, what features are an absolute must, for an attractive (or at least, a decent) affiliate page (assuming that you already have the main format of the webpage, and it is just a question of typing words, or posting links)

any ideas/ comments 8)

Thanks

Oliver

citrus
12-04-2010, 06:19 PM
review articles
a series of promo emails they can add to autoresponder
thank you page graphical banner
standard variety of banners (namely 125x125 button banners)
exit pop window they can add to their pages
short text ads for text links, facebook statuses, tweets, signatures
rebrandable PDF
videos (you walking someone through the contents of a physical copy of the same book?)

But typically a couple of graphics, a couple of emails/articles and a couple of short text ads is enough to get you started quite well.

The above was shamelessly copied from a post by Rob Toth in another thread.

Strategic laziness is a good thing: if you can't or don't want to do it yourself, pay someone else to do it for you. If you have no experience designing graphics or writing copy for the IM audience, you'll do more harm than good if you try to do it all yourself.

For instance, you can easily get a wicked banner done for under twenty bucks. How long would it take you to learn how to properly use Photoshop? Hours, I would imagine. And even then...lol.

Rob Toth
12-04-2010, 06:29 PM
lol Curtis.

For the site design... you can either get a template created once and you simply plug in details for all future offers, or you can search for "affiliate toolbox generator" , 'affiliate toolbox templates" etc.

one that you can poke into that i know others use is: http://www.affiliatetoolgenerator.com/ ... not an aff link and I'm not directly endorsing that one. For my needs, we have our platform that generates the aff tools pages I need but I've seen that software before. Looks like a good/cheap solution.

Wouldn't worry too much about the bells and whistles.

In all honesty, some of my prettiest aff tools pages were part of medicore promos and vice versa, I've had tools manually posted to a basic and very plain HTML page and it was a big hit.

The product/offer matters more and of course the conversion of your graphics and the promo emails etc. How you have it laid out is only marginally relevant.

Dwayne K
12-06-2010, 01:54 AM
Plan out the 2 hours you have so you can
work effectively and efficiently.

Also focus on one task at a time and the 2
hour time slots will start to add up.

DK

oliverdodd
12-27-2010, 02:18 PM
thanks guys

excellent advice, and that link looks great ;)

best wishes

Oliver

rayjohnson
01-01-2011, 10:57 AM
Hi Oliver

Another good resource is Paul & Aaron's Affiliate Page Pro

===> (no aff link) www.affiliatepagepro.com

it makes cool affiliate pages using a script, but you will need to provide the tools etc :)

Hope it helps.

Regards

Ray

rhonnee1
01-02-2011, 07:03 PM
Has anyone had positive results using affiliatepagepro?

How long does it take to setup the first time?

nitroweb
01-04-2011, 02:35 AM
Oliver ,

A very good software for putting up affiliate sites is xsitepro.com

Very easy to use and you can put up almost any kind of site with it.

Laurie Rogers
01-04-2011, 04:35 AM
Actually Willie Crawford is running an affiliate marketing course right now, it's really cheap too, $17 for 11 months I believe. I am going to start it next week, as I'm taking a course in media buying atm. Willie is THE MAN in traffic and affiliate marketing so you should seriously check it out. http://insideraffiliatetraining.com/lessons/ And I know a lot of people in here would vouch for him as far as knowledge goes, including Mike. He probably has some pretty awesome ideas as far as pages go.

olapeju bankole
01-14-2011, 08:42 PM
Outsourcing will work since you have limited time, you can still take training, it will help.

Justin Williamson
01-15-2011, 01:54 AM
The above was shamelessly copied from a post by Rob Toth in another thread.

Strategic laziness is a good thing: if you can't or don't want to do it yourself, pay someone else to do it for you. If you have no experience designing graphics or writing copy for the IM audience, you'll do more harm than good if you try to do it all yourself.

For instance, you can easily get a wicked banner done for under twenty bucks. How long would it take you to learn how to properly use Photoshop? Hours, I would imagine. And even then...lol.

This is so true. It will likely take longer to learn photoshop properly then for someone else to just make the graphics for you. And when you think of people paying thousands and thousands for sales copy, paying $20 for graphics seems like a bargain, and it is!

Austin Hilton
01-15-2011, 03:17 PM
I would tend to agree with the others on this post. When in doubt, offer quality content versus trying to offer a lot of bells and whistles.

For me, it usually came down to a good email autoresponder series, good banners, exit pop code (if you decide to), and a few other things (but these are the biggest).

If you do this, you should be good to go. Always remember you can add more as you go along.

And, it never hurts to keep your eye on other launches to see what they are offering.

Austin

Martin Butler
01-20-2011, 09:04 PM
It depends how much time and money you have to invest in growing your affiliate business.

If you are starting from scratch with no money then you will have to invest in a lot of time to set up your production line of things to do:
nich hunting
keyword research
competition checking
choosing the right product to promote
building your site ( I would recommend a review type site built with wordpress) as you stand a better chance of getting higher rankings in google. Google does not like the squeeze page format.

create a 5 page blog with your main page a static page and 4 others using related keywords sourced from the google wonder wheel.

you then have to generate quality backlinks to your site and this will take time (if you have no money)

The quicker way is to employ someone to set up your blogs,write and spin your articles, Get backlinks.

There is software thet can get the links for you but the best ones cost quite a bit of money.

Bottom line is, learn the steps first and then automate it when you get some money.
Regards
Martin

chris keller
01-21-2011, 11:29 AM
Im a little confused and unclear? bear with me..so I just launched our site and product. There is an "affiliates" link at the bottom next to legal,disclaimer, etc. What do I put in that link??

I have affiliates marketing my product in CBK, but what else can I do to attract more affiliates or partner with someone?

thanks