PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Where to find the best affiliate prog?

Phi
11-10-2010, 08:24 AM
Hi everyone!

I'm new to this forum as I am about to launch a blog and trying to find the best aff programs in my niche (photography) but I'm having a hard time finding sites where people review them. I don't wanna end up adding a bunch or programs that don't convert well or scam their affilites.

Are there any sites that list programs in every niche? Or at least in the photo industry... Any advice is much appreciated! Thanks:)

Phi.

Mike Merz
11-10-2010, 12:43 PM
Phi, there are 66 Photography related products in the ClickBank Marketplace ... alone.

clickbank.com/mkplSearchResult.htm?mainCategoryId=1253&subCategoryId=1257&sortField=POPULARITY&b1=1253&b2=1257&catFromNav=true

Why not check these out, first ... at the same time, there's a very good likelihood that the merchants behind these products have lists that target the same general niche or sub-niches as you ... and may be open to ad swaps or other reciprocals if you prove yourself a worthy potential partner.

Cheers,

Mike

Phi
11-11-2010, 10:15 PM
Thanks Mike:)

I know clickbank, but I meant more like a forum where affiliate marketers reviews programs or products. This is all pretty new to me so I have no clue where to go. Thanks!

Phi.

citrus
11-12-2010, 01:00 AM
Phi,

Clickbank is a good place to start. Make a list of all the photo-related products on CB with decent gravity (preferably more than 0, haha). Then, check out their sales pages to see if it at least looks good.

If the site passes your once-over, check out the affiliate page(s) to see what's going on over there. It's often easy to tell if the product owner knows what they're doing simply by checking out the affiliate page.

Next, contact the vendor for proof of conversions (and what kind of traffic was used to achieve this number) and to ask if they can help you out in your promotions, whether it be with fresh content, keyword help, or whatever.

The next best way to test conversions would be to spend a few bucks on Adwords per product. No harm there and it's quick and easy.

As for reviews of affiliate programs, and in the photo niche no less...I'd say you'll be hard pressed to find many, if any. I mean, where's the money in reviewing an affiliate program, right? :P

Curtis

Mike Merz
11-12-2010, 02:18 PM
Thanks for the follow up, Curtis.

Phi ... I must have been a coffee short when I first read your post. You're looking for forums where Photography based affiliate programs are discussed and reviewed ...

ABestWeb.com is the most comprehensive AP targeted community I know of ... Affiliate-Marketing-Forums.5StarAffiliatePrograms.com is also worth checking out.

Here's a Photography specific forum, though I have no idea how busy they are.

ProPhotoBusinessForum.com

Cheers,

Mike

Phi
11-13-2010, 10:19 AM
Thanks Curtis for the great tips:)

Mike, you rock!! That's what I was looking for, many thanks

Phi.

Lovina
11-30-2010, 05:05 AM
Well done Mike
:)

I'm about to post here about Abestweb, :)

Go there Phi!

Peter Hodges
11-30-2010, 08:36 AM
Thanks for the above resources. I`m lauching an I.M. Membership site soon and need to take on affiliates, so any resources that help are much appreciated.