PDA

View Full Version : Multiple launch domains - now what?

KeithS
11-01-2010, 08:14 AM
I'm starting my first launch promotion and I have three domain names - the product name plus "review" "bonus" and "scam".

Should I focus on creating one site and redirect the other two domain names to that site or create three different site with slightly different content?

TIA

citrus
11-01-2010, 02:04 PM
"Review" or "bonus" should be fine, but I strongly recommend getting rid of your "scam" domain name. This practise is usually frowned upon by vendors...they don't want their names being associated with scams.

KeithS
11-01-2010, 04:07 PM
But what about making multiple sites or one site with the other domains pointing to it?

Also - to be clear - since this is my first promotion I'm depending on SEO traffic since I don't have a list (I'll be building one during this promotion). The reason for having the "scam" domain is because that's a popular search term. Of course, if a product owner were to ask that I not use it I would comply.

Alan Ward
11-29-2010, 08:43 PM
I'd say use the "scam" domain since you already have it... but create a different template feel and look so users will not know it directly related to your product but it talks about it....

And then write something along the lines of: Is Product X Really A Scam? and then continue by listing attributes that explain otherwise, followed by a direct link to your site...

You'll get tons of traffic from that link and the domain will be put to good use..

Lovina
11-30-2010, 05:01 AM
Keith,

It seem you are promoting your own product, right?

If that the case, as long as you don't mind to get reviewed under 'scam' domain, I think it's fine.

In fact, I my self see people drive traffic to my site from their site that included scam on their website.

The important thing is, make sure that scam article at the end is promoting you, not killing you.