PDA

View Full Version : video interview with the owner of Flippa, 99Designs and SitePoint

Rob Toth
10-31-2010, 05:59 PM
I sent this bit of content to my subscribers... but wanted to share here.

I know this is primarily a forum for info product launches (much of them in "IM" land) but I think looking at different business models is extremely useful for standing out from the herd...

====================================

Flippa.com is where Facebook owner Mark Zuckerberg's
first domain (FaceMash.com) went up for sale on.

99Designs.com has been featured in a dozen business
magazines and even in 4-Hour Workweek.

SitePoint.com is the first newsletter I personally ever
signed up to. And talking to other online business owners,
it's one of the first they remember as well. It's been
around for a long time.

All of them are properties of one Vancouver-entrepreneur...

He got started at age 14, made his first mill*ion by
age 22 and today is the a very savvy netpreneur.

My favorite part (besides the fact that he's yet another
Vancouver-bred online innovator) is that he builds
communities and web properties, not a "guru" status.

You won't recognize his name because he's not trying
to sell you his latest tactics. He and his company simply
employ those tactics and build very successful online brands.

Want to learn more?

His fr*ee video interview is posted on Sean Gallagher's
StartUpFreedom.com blog...
http://www.startupfreedom.com/matt-mickiewicz-interview

IN FACT... I just went to his video interviews collection
to grab that link for you and he has a new one with Tony Schwartz.

Tony has spoken at Eben Pagan's event. He teaches how
to manage your energy.

In my opinion... managing finances/budget can become
relatively systematic and simple.

Managing time and your schedule is probably more
important and a little tougher.

But the Golden Goose is learning to manage your ENERGY.

I'm about to watch that video.

BTW... My own interview is on Sean's site too if
you missed it:
http://www.startupfreedom.com/how-a-university-dropout-jumping-from-job-to-job-now-brings-in-thousands-per-week-rob-the-genie-toth/

Rob Toth
10-31-2010, 10:57 PM
On the same site... watch the interview with Tony Shwarz re: managing your energy.

Personally, I'd say that once you learn a handful of tactics for creating sales / making money... the only other big factor that will stop you from results is how you manage your energy.

I just watched that vid. great stuff.

Laurie Rogers
11-01-2010, 12:48 AM
Yeah Tony has a great site http://www.theenergyproject.com/ and you should post that article about 14 profit benefits for facebook pages. I'm sure Mike won't mind ;)

Rob Toth
11-01-2010, 09:16 PM
Also... I just watched this...

It's the Roads to Riches story of the Dragon's (from Dragon's Den)... http://www.cbc.ca/dragonsden/videos.html?ID=1444131214

Aaron Darko
11-15-2010, 02:05 PM
I actually interviewed Matt for 7mins LIVE in the flesh at Yanik Silvers Underground Online Seminar 6 earlier this year. Here is the video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD3_IHWVzF4

Dwayne K
11-17-2010, 11:32 PM
Hey Rob & Aaron

Both top interviews, keep them coming.

DK

Rob Toth
11-18-2010, 03:02 AM
Aaron! I recently harassed you on Facebook!

If you make it up to Vancouver June 2011, Matt will be one of my speakers up here.

lianjunyi
11-18-2010, 11:42 PM
They are the really gurus.
Those gurus who are selling e-books or useless softwares ate just lying to newbie to grab
money.

Rob Toth
11-22-2010, 01:16 AM
Another one...

This video is of Anthony Morrison. In the states, it seems everyone knows him. He's on TV nightly...
http://canadamarketingsummit.ca/go/anthonymorrison?pal=index01

Just FYI...

I have 16 speakers from this past Canada Marketing Summit.

We'll post all of them 1 by 1.

Two are live now. A third being added on Tuesday.

All will be live for a couple of weeks. Then pulling them to add to the paid membership.

So... while this is somewhat self-serving... if you want to be notified as new ones are posted, you can of course just check back on your own or otherwise opt-in at the site.

Shawn Micheal
11-23-2010, 06:50 AM
really nice facts and information that you shared mr Rob Toth . thanks

Rob Toth
12-03-2010, 12:54 AM
k... posted the on-going list of CMS speaker replays here:

http://www.robtoth.com/page4_canadamarketingsummit.htm

No opt-in for any of these but it's not a marketing ploy... I'm pulling them. Prob giving all vids 1-2 weeks of life then I'm moving them to my upcoming paid-membership (along with other courses, checklists and more).

There are 6 videos live currently.

Anthony Morrison - speaker slot 1
Anthony Morrison - speaker slot 2
Scott Rewick -
Riel R –
Lee McIntrye -
Maria Gudelis -

Let me summarize who each is best suited for so you can choose which you watch...

==========

Anthony Morrison - speaker slot 1
- For "newbies" and beginners looking to make money online. Much of this is beginner content to affiliate marketing and his own inspiration story.

==========

Anthony Morrison - speaker slot 2
- For bad-ass advertisers! :-) This one again dives briefly into his story but then moves into EFFECTIVE facebook advertising, Plenty Of Fish advertising and introduces a pretty sick spy tool. So this is definitely for someone already with a business, currently media buying / FB advertising or looking to do it right.

Anthony's business pulls a high 7-figures MONTHLY. Worth listening if this stuff relates to.

==========

Scott Rewick -
- Don't know how much you know of Scott but he's one of the pioneers of media buying and CPA networks. Going back 11+ years. He built 4 x $25 million companies. So this talk is also VERY relevant, in fact, important to media buyers / online advertisers or anyone playing in the CPA world. Get to know Scott too!

==========

Riel R –
- Riel talks of various applications that utilize the XL platform which is the same one I'm migrating all my sites to (my CanadaMarketingSummit.ca site already is on there and our joint company MarketingXL.ca is completely founded on it). The video, however, is being taught by an uber-genius so it's all over the board and does a poor job of properly explaning the value of the platform. I'd suggest this video for the tech geeks, the curious and anyone who is searching for a way to approach their online strategy / web properties / sales funnels with bells and whistles not available in the mainstream options.

If you were impressed with things like Kajabi, Contest Burner or a dozen other tools... this pretty much does them all.

Definitely not for "newbies". YOu'll just waste your time getting confused.

==========

Lee McIntrye -

I'm a fan of Lee's.

This is all about continuity / memberships / cashflow / consistent income etc.

He has a terrific SIMPLE but extremely effective high yield business. His recurring income in Jan 2009 was $0. By Dec 2009 he was at $147,000+ and recently he hit a $200,000 month. I'd probably suggest this video for everyone.

Unless you're at 8-figures already, even "experts" will be able to steal ideas from this.

==========

Maria Gudelis -

A lot of people teach the "offline gold", "how to make offline" type stuff. It's basically just teaching and selling services to the traditional bricks and mortar operations who are often at an absolute clueless state of knowledge of all things internet marketing. AND, on top of their lack of knowledge, they are used to spending thousands for websites, thousands for advice etc.

Maria's video teaches ways to take generally needed services (ie: Facebook fan page setup, autoresponder setup, etc) and make very big immediate money (not delayed but literally $2000 checks this week and more).

So this is probably best suited for anyone at an intermediate level who wants to add CASFHLOW to their business by taking on clients who will pay $500, $2000, $5000, $15,000+ etc for fairly nominal internet marketing services.

If you're very new OR if you have a mature business or you are very focused on a business model right now... then this is probably for you. Otherwise, skip it.

Again I'm pulling them soon.

And I will post the other ones (including Mark Victor Hansen's video) so you might want to opt-in to be notified. Hint hint, nudge nudge.

http://www.robtoth.com/page4_canadamarketingsummit.htm

Feel free to tell everyone about this. I won't cry about the extra traffic and exposure. Otherwise just enjoy them for yourself over the weekend.

Dwayne K
12-06-2010, 01:58 AM
Keep them coming Rob!

Rob Toth
12-24-2010, 02:34 PM
Mike (Merz)... I know there is a JV articles library, but with the upcoming release of JVNP 2.0, are you setting an area where various internet business resources can be posted? Not just JV specific?

I've come across some great little collections in the past and I bet everyone has their own. It would be neat to have a forum room all for content.

Example (and I wanted to share this with everyone)... I just found Ad:Tech's podcast library. It has the presenters from the past 2 years of conferences. Only a handful are relevant and of interest to me, but it's a great little resource to jump into, see what's there and pick off some quality content.

Their page is: http://www.ad-tech.com/podcasts/index.aspx

Mike Merz
12-27-2010, 10:30 AM
Rob, I couldn't agree more ... sounds like a great subject as part of your monthly Featured Contributor spot, and/or the topic for a Rob Toth run group within the new Social Network. I know I can count on you to get the ball rolling. ;)

Cheers,

Mike

crwd
12-30-2010, 01:26 PM
Very informative tread with nice resources/interviews.

Matt did a great preso at Underground 6 earlier this year like Aaron mentioned. He had success at a young age and still going strong.

I also met Aaron there and saw he did a great job with his Push Button Money launch a few weeks back - Congatulations