PDA

View Full Version : I have a good product to sell, but cant find people to joint venture with

paul edwards
11-13-2006, 07:22 PM
i have just developed my first product which is basically a dvd package with a couple of manuals teaching people how to make money out of the internet, my problem is i am having difficulty just getting traffic to my site. My actual copt is actually real good and i think has the postential to convert 2-3% of all visitors. I am just really struggling with the marketing side of things. Any one got any tips.
Thanks

Mike Merz
01-28-2007, 09:10 PM
Well, Paul ... seems you have a lot of partners interested enough to read your post ... anyone willing to come forth with a few ideas?

What's the URL of your product, Paul?

Best,

Mike

Jinger Jarrett
09-06-2007, 10:58 PM
I believe you said that this is a DVD package?

What system of distribution are you using to distribute your DVD?

If you will post more specific information, I'll see if I can give you a better answer.

Now, with that said, something you may want to consider is Amazon's new print on demand program.

This is a great way to distribute DVDs, CDs, and books. Since your work will be on Amazon, it means that you have access to millions of Amazon affiliates.

You can find out more about Amazon's new program here: http://www.createspace.com/

If you would like to post more information, including a link to your site, I'll take a look and see if I can't give you better instruction.

Want traffic? Read my book! LOL. It's on Amazon. ;) (Just teasing).

Jinger

charleskirkland
09-07-2007, 07:45 AM
Jinger

WOW
thanks for the tip about http://www.createspace.com/. I'm sure that I would use something like that at some point.

Charles

Richard Legg
09-12-2007, 11:50 AM
Hi Paul,

One thing I would advise is try and get some hard numbers on conversions through PPC testing or something similar.

Potential partners are going to want to know how well a product converts so if you can work that out and give them a potential $/click it will make it easier for them to say yes, and also give you more credibility as you'll have done your "homework".

Another thing that might be worth considering is letting your JV partners have the option of looking over the course. If sending out actual DVD packages is too cost prohibitive you could always try and create digital samples of parts of the DVDs and upload them. That way partners can at least get a taste of what they are promoting so that they can make a better decision about how it will fit with their readers.

I'm assuming this is quite a high ticket item being a physical DVD package - you could also think about making a smaller intro product e.g an ebook that you could sell on clickbank and then offer customers a discount on the big DVD package. Clickbank has a huge affiliate base so this could help drive some initial traffic and get people into your funnel.

Hope this helps!

Richard

Egidijus Andreika
09-21-2007, 04:57 AM
Hi,

I think you should start promoting your product yourself. How? First of all, don't think much about sales. I think you should concentrate on getting traffic to your salespage. Launch a PPC campaign on Adwords or Yahoo! Search Marketing to receive some traffic instantly. Then write articles and submit them to article directories for reprint. This way you will build backlinks to your website, more visitors will come, moreover search engines will start ranking your website and you will be able to receive some free traffic. Submit your product's affiliate program to relevant affiliate directories.
There is a great digitalpoint.com forum where you can get much information about promoting your website online. Just do something and don't stop :)

Have a nice day,
Egidijus